PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports -Putting Crying Children on Screen - NOT Cool..!!!

Blues1
9/30/2007, 09:58 AM
Whoever at Fox TV who thinks putting a crying Child on tv is the biggest azzhole this side of Russia - I'm so sick of tv producers who think this is something that needs to be broadcast all across the world...IF that was my child I be getting a Lawyer and sue their Azz for mental cruelty...Today with the internet that poor kid's picture could be on the internet for years to come....This is NOT news worthy - It's just plain mean and Cruel has no business being on a college sports program. - You've got 20,000 Adult Sooner Fans you can show being hurt - mad or ****ed - But you fox tv azzholes think a crying child is something we adult fans need to see.....GO TO HELL Fox tv...!!!

JMHO....!

usmc-sooner
9/30/2007, 10:03 AM
parents should be raising their kids where they don't cry about games.

Blues1
9/30/2007, 10:08 AM
parents should be raising their kids where they don't cry about games.

Sorry usmc -sooner - But What perfect world do you LIVE in.....???

This is just plain mean and cruel --- Wait untill you have grandchildren and then tell me you still feel the same....?

Keep Rockin'

kevpks
9/30/2007, 10:10 AM
I agree, the networks have no business broadcasting a crying kid to the whole world.

aurorasooner
Whoever at Fox TV who thinks putting a crying Child I agree 100% with your post. In this internet, DVR, and college football message board world of today, you've got competing fans who will not only grab a picture of that kid (those kids) and post it as well as use it as a sig pic, but also fark it unmercifully. IMO, that's one thing that should not only be OB on a live television telecast but also on our fark board and the administrators should pull immediately if it's posted. (private board or not).

sooner n houston
Gotta agree with Blues on this one! I hate that stuff. That is not what college sports is about.

usmc-sooner
9/30/2007, 10:13 AM
Sorry usmc -sooner - But What perfect world do you LIVE in.....???

This is just plain mean and cruel --- Wait untill you have grandchildren and then tell me you still feel the same....?

Keep Rockin'

I don't live in a perfect world. I've got three kids not one of them came to tears after yesterdays game. You could argue that I was the closest one to crying. :D

I don't think my kids are going to raise their kids to be spoiled kids who cry tears over a football game.

I agree they shouldn't shove a camera in a kids face while he was crying. But seriously how many of you guys are going to raise your kids to cry about football games?

ruf/nekdad
9/30/2007, 10:15 AM
Leave it to the pukes
http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=41569

fadada1
9/30/2007, 10:16 AM
we should be teaching our kids to read, write, and hold in tears. toughens 'em up.

usmc-sooner
9/30/2007, 10:16 AM
Leave it to the pukes
http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=41569

we did the exact same thing with a Texas kid crying on this board. We've also done the XLK crying picture.

badger
9/30/2007, 10:17 AM
they have it on texags.com too. however, it's easy to act like this after a "big" win. just wait until one of them is in meltdown mode next week after they lose their "1st in the conference" status :D

(note: they play each other, so it'll happen)

Blues1
9/30/2007, 10:20 AM
"Quote "I don't think my kids are going to raise their kids to be spoiled kids who cry tears over a football game

I understand your position - I personality don't think that child is spoiled - Just a young sooner fan full of emotion - And Even it he is spoiled it still has No Business on World wide tv - None -Zero - Nata....!!!

AzianSooner
9/30/2007, 10:22 AM
i would rather see a kid crying for his beloved team than bringing a gun with mean face to his 3rd grade school

stoopified
9/30/2007, 10:25 AM
Agree 100%

josh09
9/30/2007, 10:27 AM
Whoever at Fox TV who thinks putting a crying Child on tv is the biggest azzhole this side of Russia - I'm so sick of tv producers who think this is something that needs to be broadcast all across the world...IF that was my child I be getting a Lawyer and sue their Azz for mental cruelty...Today with the internet that poor kid's picture could be on the internet for years to come....This is NOT news worthy - It's just plain mean and Cruel has no business being on a college sports program. - You've got 20,000 Adult Sooner Fans you can show being hurt - mad or ****ed - But you fox tv azzholes think a crying child is something we adult fans need to see.....GO TO HELL Fox tv...!!!

JMHO....!

Seriously. I can understand if they show a crying adult or something, cuz thats just funny. But a kid is wrong.

usmc-sooner
9/30/2007, 10:27 AM
"Quote "I don't think my kids are going to raise their kids to be spoiled kids who cry tears over a football game

I understand your position - I personality don't think that child is spoiled - Just a young sooner fan full of emotion - And Even it he is spoiled it still has No Business on World wide tv - None -Zero - Nata....!!!

I agree, they shouldn't put on tv

Texas Golfer
9/30/2007, 10:37 AM
Fox Sports had focused on a kid crying twice...both times, OU kids. Very poor journalistic integrity.

usmc-sooner
9/30/2007, 10:39 AM
Fox Sports had focused on a kid crying twice...both times, OU kids. Very poor journalistic integrity.

well it's not like they could find any Colorado kids crying :D

SoonerBacker
9/30/2007, 10:53 AM
Kind of ironic that the pukes would post this on their board the weekend after their head coach went on a rampage because a journalist wrote a "questionable" column about one of their players, isn't it?

"YOU WANT TO GO AFTER A SOONER FAN, GO AFTER ME! I'M A MAN! I'M 40! GO AFTER ME! MAKES ME WANT TO PUKE!!!!!"

birddog
9/30/2007, 10:55 AM
alot of these teams with that on their message board will soon come back down to earth in the next week or two. celebrating about the misfortunes of others eventually comes back on you.

GrapevineSooner
9/30/2007, 10:58 AM
COME AFTER ME!! I'M A MAN!!! I'M 40!!!! [hairGel]

MamaMia
9/30/2007, 11:38 AM
I agree. The camera operators are taking cheap shots by broadcasting little boys and girls crying. They're preying on an innocent child's vulnerability when they show that. I've only seen this being done recently. Kids tease their neighborhood playmates and classmates in such a mean way with such insensitivity sometimes. The networks really should put a stop to that.

My parents did tell me that i shouldn't cry about losing, whether it was my own teams loss or the Sooners losing. I got the whole "You cant win every game", "Its not the end of the world", "Suck it up", "Don't let them see you down" words of wisdom, along with a hug, but I was still...well, a kid.

Truth be known; I still have a good cry sometimes after a tough loss in the privacy of my own home, but I'm mature enough to control it in the stadium. A child isn't always and nobody should be taking advantage of that.

badger
9/30/2007, 11:52 AM
Face it--- if you're a true Sooner fan, you all felt like crying after that kick went through too. However, since you're likely an adult if you're posting here, you can control your emotions easier than a five-year-old.

Maybe you coped with the loss by cursing up a storm in your private den area. Maybe you spent hundreds of dollars shopping to take your mind off football. Maybe you punched the Texas fan next to you who was laughing too hard. Kids can't do that, and crying is their way of letting their emotions out.

This is when parents come in. Kids will cry over things they shouldn't, when put in perspective, but parents need to be the one that hugs them when they're sad--- or as Gundy would say, when they come home after they dropped a ball in a pickup game or someone called them fat. Kids are young and don't yet understand that there are worse issues plaguing the world - and if they do, then it's sad, because maybe they lost a loved one at an early age, or maybe their dad's over in Iraq.

In any event, I wouldn't call a kid spoiled for crying, I would call him sad. And what do you do with a sad kid?

FSN: Put him on national television?

F**k you, FSN. You give him a hug, and tell him the season's not over and tomorrow, it's OU-Texas week, and we're going to kick our rival's fat a**. As he or she grows up, they'll realize that crying over football isn't worth the embarrassment and the tears, but a kid? Hell, he's not even as old as Gundy's kid Bobby Reid!

Blues1
9/30/2007, 11:55 AM
Face it--- if you're a true Sooner fan, you all felt like crying after that kick went through too. However, since you're likely an adult if you're posting here, you can control your emotions easier than a five-year-old.

Maybe you coped with the loss by cursing up a storm in your private den area. Maybe you spent hundreds of dollars shopping to take your mind off football. Maybe you punched the Texas fan next to you who was laughing too hard. Kids can't do that, and crying is their way of letting their emotions out.

This is when parents come in. Kids will cry over things they shouldn't, when put in perspective, but parents need to be the one that hugs them when they're sad--- or as Gundy would say, when they come home after they dropped a ball in a pickup game or someone called them fat. Kids are young and don't yet understand that there are worse issues plaguing the world - and if they do, then it's sad, because maybe they lost a loved one at an early age, or maybe their dad's over in Iraq.

In any event, I wouldn't call a kid spoiled for crying, I would call him sad. And what do you do with a sad kid?

F**k you, FSN. You give him a hug, and tell him the season's not over and tomorrow, it's OU-Texas week, and we're going to kick our rival's fat a**. As he or she grows up, they'll realize that crying over football isn't worth the embarrassment and the tears, but a kid? Hell, he's not even as old as Gundy's kid Bobby Reid!

Amen and AMEN....!!!
Don't Stop Rockin'

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/30/2007, 12:01 PM
Blues1 and usmc-sooner both made good points. Foxsports showed poor taste, and the crying kids might be slightly misguided.(IMHO)

StormySooner-IN
9/30/2007, 12:02 PM

F**k you, FSN. You give him a hug, and tell him the season's not over and tomorrow, it's OU-Texas week, and we're going to kick our rival's fat a**. As he or she grows up, they'll realize that crying over football isn't worth the embarrassment and the tears, but a kid? Hell, he's not even as old as Gundy's kid Bobby Reid!Spek.
Very well Said Badger. And hey, I'm 15, and I'm posting here.;) I felt like crying after the game, but was able to control myself completely....

until I went up into my room and locked the door, where I cursed up a ****ing storm.....

Blues1
9/30/2007, 12:21 PM
Spek.
Very well Said Badger. And hey, I'm 15, and I'm posting here.;) I felt like crying after the game, but was able to control myself completely....

until I went up into my room and locked the door, where I cursed up a ****ing storm.....

To StormySooner....
I was ten years old in 1952 when I became a Sooner Fan - I had just watched Norte Dame beat the Sooners 27 to 21 on a B&W tv back when a 6 inch screen was a big deal for tv's and with 5 catholic kids teasing the hell out of me for rooting for The Sooners...I don't remember crying....But I do remember about getting even.....That happened in 1956 --- Oklahoma 40 - ND 0---- :)

All the best to you and Keep Rockin'

Flagstaffsooner
9/30/2007, 12:30 PM
Spek.

until I went up into my room and locked the door, where I cursed up a ****ing storm.....You should have seen me when I was 15. Went to the '71 nu game. My parents were horrifed by my language and had to physically restrain me as I tended to attack nu fans after the game.

badger
9/30/2007, 12:57 PM
You should have seen me when I was 15. Went to the '71 nu game. My parents were horrifed by my language and had to physically restrain me as I tended to attack nu fans after the game.
A 15-year-old is not a kid (especially, a cursing, attacking 15-year-old Flagstaffsooner, lol) and neither is a 21-year-old Bobby Reid (that one's for you, Gundy!). The kids they are showing on television are under 10 years old and probably still in elementary school... the lower grades, not the 6th grade bullies that think they own the school, tee hee :rolleyes:

In any event, I think now would be the appropriate time to assign duties for the remaining true Sooner fans the rest of the week. Here's the chore list, people!

1- Buy anti-texas shirt and wear it at least once this week in public.
2- Buy a texas shirt and switch the whorn upside down... or burn it.
3- Call a texas radio station, claim to be a whorn fan and sound as ignorant as possible. Lines include "KSU in Austin is a tougher opponent than CU on the road," or "Colt McCoy injured is 10 times the qb Sam Bradford is healthy!"
4- Daily thanksgiving prayers that you are not an aggie, of either OSU or aTm variety.
5- Teach your kid (or any kid, especially ones that are wearing burnt orange) how to do "horns down"
6- Hug a sad Florida, Alabama, Auburn or West Virginia fan and say "I know how you feel, fellow fan."
7- Point and laugh at a Texas or Oregon fan (who likely laughed after the TCU game or instant replay call) and say "Now YOU know how it feels, loser!"
8- Fark a funny picture or something from all the weekends upsets, even if you're not very good at it or don't know how.
9- Learn the words to "OK Oklahoma" ... or if you're new, the "OU Chant"
10- A second prayer of thanksgiving that we no longer have the idiot on our team.

Boomer???

StoopTroup
9/30/2007, 01:01 PM
11 - Kick an aggie in the nutz.

MichiganSoonerFan
9/30/2007, 01:07 PM
we're going to be forced to eat this week, but we get to kick the **** out of texas October 6th, that will be a major moral booster.
Also, No texas fans can take a shot at us since they lost to Kansas state, and the pukes have a ****in' insane coach.
We'll bounce back.

bluedogok
9/30/2007, 01:22 PM
It isn't just FSN that does this, all of them do. I saw the same thing during the UT-KSU and Florida-Auburn games and both of those were on ABC/ESPN. It is all about their "capturing emotion" part of the broadcast. As far as I am concerned the "stunned" student or fan is fine but leave the 8 y.o. to themselves and don't show them, they need to have some class but I think we know better than that.

soonerloyal
9/30/2007, 01:56 PM
Some Pokes post that picture and laugh about it - yet they squeal like their mini-sacks are being torn off when someone criticizes a "FORTY-YEAR-OLD MAN!" (Come after HIM)?

What's there to say except the obvious? Trash. Just like the media that originates & capitalizes on it.

The VIIIth
9/30/2007, 02:18 PM

JMHO....!

That was no kid, that was me.

Piware
9/30/2007, 02:39 PM
At the risk of approaching this like Gumbygate, I sent an e-mail to Fox Sports. Very polite, very professional, no profanity - just gently asked them to review their policies regarding good taste with their camera crews and little kids.

If the Pukes can go off on the DOK, I think we can nicely ask Fox Sports to knock it off. http//:msn.foxsports.com/feedback

BTW, if the subject is over the age of 21, he/she is fair game, fried chicken notwithstanding.

bluedogok
9/30/2007, 02:48 PM
Barring the ID'ing of people on camera I think that anyone that looks to be college age is fair game whether they are or not. I think it is the shots showing obviously younger children (pre-teen) that is the problem.

Suerreal
9/30/2007, 03:43 PM
Somewhat contrarian view here...

I think that is a terrific picture with artistic merit, in that it captures what all of us were feeling at the time but have ever so carefully trained ourselves not to reveal.

If it were a picture of an 8 or 12 year old kid who would be harassed unmercifully at school forever afterwards, it would be exploitative. But this appears to be a preschooler, so that it is unlikely that he will ever be mocked over it.

I can see both sides here, but do think in this case that showing the picture was a valid journalistic decision. And, IIRC, somewhere in the fine print on your ticket is a statement that you understand that your likeness may be caught on camera and broadcast.

- Sue

batonrougesooner
9/30/2007, 07:09 PM
Clearly the camera operator was not "the mother of children".

Big deal + About nothing = This topic.

It's a football game, not a war zone. The kid is frustrated and crying. It makes it on TV. So what.

I kind of like USMC-Sooner's take on the subject.

Malcolm Kelly's Cousin
9/30/2007, 07:13 PM
COME AFTER ME!! I'M A MAN!!! I'M 40!!!! [hairGel]

QFT

DrZaius
9/30/2007, 07:34 PM
That kid I think was the same that was crying at the Texas game last year.

Fred Garvin
9/30/2007, 09:56 PM
we did the exact same thing with a Texas kid crying on this board. We've also done the XLK crying picture.

Yep, if it was a Texas kid we'd all be laughing our azzes off. Just shows that many of my fellow Sooner fans can dish it out, but they can't take it.

PhilTLL
9/30/2007, 10:21 PM
Big deal + About nothing = This topic.

Indeed. Not only are there more worthy causes for crying than football, there are much, much, much more worthy causes for MORAL OUTRAGE!! than it being shown on TV.