PDA

View Full Version : Win by the replay, lose by the replay: Oregon

Jacie
9/30/2007, 09:11 AM
Nice to see them go down on a call at the end, the touchdown didn't count!

r5TPsooner
9/30/2007, 09:13 AM
Irony is a beeatch.

stoopified
9/30/2007, 10:23 AM
I guess the duck is swimming in the other pond now.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/30/2007, 10:26 AM
Gotta love it.

Sooner Eclipse
9/30/2007, 10:41 AM
Fortunately for Cal the refs made the right call in this instance. Who here thinks A replay official in Oregon would have the gonads to reverse that call even though the camera on the end zone line clearly showed the ball coming out of the players hands before he crossed the goal line?

I know it ain't Gordo, but I seriously doubt that would have happened. Replay in the form it is being used in college is almost useless because it absolves the refs on the field of final responsibility. It should be implemented just as the Pros have done it.

It limits the the stoppages of play, particurarly at crucial times during the games when it seems constant stoppages give teams free little mini TO's allowing them to catch their breath. It keeps responsibility for calls where it belongs - with the field judges, and still gives the coach the ability to request a reassessment of particular crucial plays. Each coach gets 2. The only change I would implement is that if a coach wins that replay, he gets it back.

soonerloyal
9/30/2007, 11:09 AM
I guess the duck is swimming in the other pond now.

I don't keer who ya are, now that's funny.
Spek.