PDA

View Full Version : Looks like once again the BCS is going to work out fine

usmc-sooner
9/30/2007, 08:58 AM
Somehow I don't see the 4 or 5 teams going undefeated. The pretenders dropped like flies yesterday. Looks like LSU, USC maybe tOSU

it was a wierd Saturday.

stoopified
9/30/2007, 09:05 AM
True but on the other hand If TOSU,LSU,USC lose now they will have suffered a later loss than us.This of course assumes we win the rest of OUr games and I refuse to give up on this team or season because of this loss.

Sooner98
9/30/2007, 09:08 AM
I agree - this season will belong to LSU and USC, with all the other pretenders like tOSU, Cal, Wisconsin, etc. losing a game or two along the way. In the end, LSU's home field advantage in the Superdome will win out over the Trojans.

usmc-sooner
9/30/2007, 09:11 AM
True but on the other hand If TOSU,LSU,USC lose now they will have suffered a later loss than us.This of course assumes we win the rest of OUr games and I refuse to give up on this team or season because of this loss.

who said anything about giving up on anything?

stoopified
9/30/2007, 09:54 AM
Sorry brothe,Your post struck me as if you had consigned OU to second tier,not having a shot at the TITLE.I said earlier this year I thought OU had the best shot at going undefeated,and I still feel LSU,USC and the other undefeated teams have many landmines in front of them. USC did not impress me a great deal last night(although I went to bed early and did not see the final outcome.

Ithink it is going to get harder and harder to find consensus 1&2 teams to match in the BCS even among i1loss teams.This again IMHO opens the door for us this year AND begs the case for playoff.

RedGiant
9/30/2007, 09:57 AM
If USC and LSU both lose to top 20 teams and we have a loss to a dog like Colorado, we've got no shot brother. No way, no how.

usmc-sooner
9/30/2007, 09:59 AM
what was it I posted that made you think I consigned OU to a second tier team? I'll go on record as saying I don't think we have a shot at the NC, but I'm not giving up on anything. I think like every year the BCS will play out fine. This is only week 4. Nobody thought CU would beat OU, Auburn over FL and so on. I doubt there are going to be a huge controversy as to who is 1 and 2.

usmc-sooner
9/30/2007, 10:01 AM
just to add one more thing, I think USC will lose, LSU probably will not. I can see Cal or tOSU running the table, so I don't think it will come down to a 1 loss team.
However I don't see anyone beating LSU in Louisiana.

soonerhubs
9/30/2007, 10:06 AM
Is it just me or is the date today September 30th, not November 30th? IMHO, It's Way to early to predict no BCS controversy.

usmc-sooner
9/30/2007, 10:09 AM
Is it just me or is the date today September 30th, not November 30th? IMHO, It's Way to early to predict no BCS controversy.

it's way to early to predict there will be.
I'm just going off the past. I think they've gotten the two best teams just about every year.

stoopified
9/30/2007, 10:11 AM
what was it I posted that made you think I consigned OU to a second tier team? I'll go on record as saying I don't think we have a shot at the NC, but I'm not giving up on anything. I think like every year the BCS will play out fine. This is only week 4. Nobody thought CU would beat OU, Auburn over FL and so on. I doubt there are going to be a huge controversy as to who is 1 and 2.
By second tier,I meant one not in NC chase,as I stated above. Your post now confirms this.You seem willing to concede that LSU,USC are IT. I wouldn't be surprised if NEITHER is in the BCS title game.

soonerhubs
9/30/2007, 10:12 AM
it's way to early to predict there will be.
I'm just going off the past. I think they've gotten the two best teams just about every year.
Probably so. I'm just in an extreme sense of denial. I apologize.

stoopified
9/30/2007, 10:15 AM
BTW USMC,PEACE.I ain't tryin' to start a war with the Corp.

usmc-sooner
9/30/2007, 10:22 AM
BTW USMC,PEACE.I ain't tryin' to start a war with the Corp.

I don't take it that way. I just don't think we will play for a NC this year. Not because I think we stink, I think any of the teams I mentioned, if they lose they will have lost to a better team than CU. Take nothing away from CU I loved the fire they played with yesterday and their coach is going to do big things with them and CU doesn't even have a Boone Pickens or "facilities" :D

We'll let things play and if we do get to the dance I will eat crow gladly. Cept I'd be prettied worried if we had to play LSU in their back yard.

SoonerStormchaser
9/30/2007, 10:25 AM
I'm sorry, but if it's a combination of tOSU, LSU and USC for the title game, I'm leaving the country because I will know for a fact that God hates me!

fadada1
9/30/2007, 10:35 AM
i don't think the bcs is going to do well after this year. honestly, i see this year becoming a huge mess. after yesterday, things are going to get wild. usc is beatable. lesteru has the sec to deal with (and a CCG). Tosu will lose. with a host of 1 loss teams... and some teams playing a CCG to help (hopefully us), i see about 6 teams in the final week being about 1 bcs point away from each other. i just think it's going to be an absolute mess.

stoopified
9/30/2007, 10:36 AM
I don't take it that way. I just don't think we will play for a NC this year. Not because I think we stink, I think any of the teams I mentioned, if they lose they will have lost to a better team than CU. Take nothing away from CU I loved the fire they played with yesterday and their coach is going to do big things with them and CU doesn't even have a Boone Pickens or "facilities" :D

We'll let things play and if we do get to the dance I will eat crow gladly. Cept I'd be prettied worried if we had to play LSU in their back yard.I'm with you,no LSU in N.Orleans.Just like I hated playing Miami in the OB.

BTW I am not entirely convinced the BCS has worked out correctly very often.In 2000 we should have played UM.In 2003many people swore we didn't belong even though we only lost 21-14(why again would Aubrn or USC been more deserving?).Then there is THAT GAME in wich everyone(after the fact of course) said it was obvious we didn't belong.Playoff is all that makes sense.It is good enough for every other level of football,it should be good enough for D-1.

usmc-sooner
9/30/2007, 10:38 AM
I'm with you,no LSU in N.Orleans.Just like I hated playing Miami in the OB.

BTW I am not entirely convinced the BCS has worked out correctly very often.In 2000 we should have played UM.In 2003many people swore we didn't belong even though we only lost 21-14(why again would Aubrn or USC been more deserving?).Then there is THAT GAME in wich everyone(after the fact of course) said it was obvious we didn't belong.Playoff is all that makes sense.It is good enough for every other level of football,it should be good enough for D-1.

I'm sure it's coming.