PDA

View Full Version : Picture Says it All

SoonerSinger3
9/30/2007, 03:21 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/photos?photoId=1698124&gameId=272720038

I feel so bad for a player like Reggie who put his heart and soul into the game(he made some blunders, but hey it happens)...This puts in perspective for us as fans. We think we feel like crap? Think about the people wearing the uniform and how they feel.

soonermeteor
9/30/2007, 03:31 AM
Very true... and it was especially hard for him after muffing that punt with a few minutes to go. :(

Crucifax Autumn
9/30/2007, 04:54 AM
That makes me feel for him. But I still think he oughtta be yanked from returns. Demarco is the man to go to in this phase of the game and he doesn't try to make his catches from a woman squatting to pee position.

swardboy
9/30/2007, 06:38 AM
I'm glad to see that reaction. I'm glad our players hurt after a loss. A loss like this will define our season by the players reaction to it.

Having said that, I must agree with Crucifax.....I've seen too many punts received in the kneeling position this year. As soon as Reggie started kneeling forward I was thinking "uh oh"....

DoubleDown
9/30/2007, 06:51 AM
That makes me feel for him. But I still think he oughtta be yanked from returns. Demarco is the man to go to in this phase of the game and he doesn't try to make his catches from a woman squatting to pee position.

100% Agreed.

MojoRisen
9/30/2007, 07:22 AM
I said all along that KO fine wth reggie but punts should be for the fearless.

On the other hand Reggie played his best game I have seen from him on Defense and saved our arse several times in that respect.

OU-HSV
9/30/2007, 07:24 AM
I've said this for a long time. Reggie has a really bad habit of falling down on almost every punt he fields. Also he runs up late to catch a lot of them. In fact early into yesterday's game I was telling the people I was watching the game with that very thing. I knew it would cause a problem at some point, and yesterday it obviously did. Also, I know he's a threat after catching the punts, but he dances too much. I agree, let's try some knew options at punt return, like for starters let's get DM back there. Let's keep Reggie focussed on defense.

devOUt
9/30/2007, 08:09 AM
I'm glad to see that reaction. I'm glad our players hurt after a loss. A loss like this will define our season by the players reaction to it.

I couldn't agree more. There is a sad looking photo of Cory Bennett and Dominique Franks leaving the field in the Tulsa World. Fortunately, Stoops seems to rally his teams at times like these. With the texas loss, we can still win the south but our margin for error has been sliced razor thin.

stoopified
9/30/2007, 08:54 AM
You want to talk about putting a game in perpective?I had to attend a funeral of a friend(51 YEAROLD WOMAN WHO DIED OF CANCER) during the game(145pm-3pm).I got back home in time to see THE COLLAPSE.I started to get mad about the loss but I could hear Brenda(my late friend) laughing at me and saying its only a game. Now that is perspective.

badger
9/30/2007, 09:39 AM
I'm sorry, but this is just a funny picture.
http://assets.espn.go.com/media/apphoto/a24121e0-25a5-4d13-ba12-31fd0dab0a4b.jpg
Mu guess is this is his response to Iglesias' catch instant replay call :(

SoonerSinger3
9/30/2007, 10:52 AM
Reggie is a great corner, great kick returner, and a very good punt returner if he catches the ball, but he's too dangerous back there. I posted a thread a few weeks ago about Reggie vs. Dom Franks at punt returner. We just need someone that will hold onto the ball. We can't even worry about scoring TD's off punt returns at this point.

StoopTroup
9/30/2007, 10:58 AM
Reggie is a great corner, great kick returner, and a very good punt returner if he catches the ball, but he's too dangerous back there. I posted a thread a few weeks ago about Reggie vs. Dom Franks at punt returner. We just need someone that will hold onto the ball. We can't even worry about scoring TD's off punt returns at this point.
I couldn't remember who it was that posted that...

I remember thinking that at the TU game as I felt if we had that much talent.....maybe we should be letting someone else have a shot.

If Reggie was taking it yard all the time I might not have felt that way at all...

OKC-SLC
9/30/2007, 12:44 PM
It seems that Reggie's runuptocatchthepunt may stem from his trying to have speed/momentum to hit the seam when he catches it.

Touchdowns are great on punt returns and all, but turnovers from them are killers.

tulsaoilerfan
9/30/2007, 01:08 PM
It seems that Reggie's runuptocatchthepunt may stem from his trying to have speed/momentum to hit the seam when he catches it.

Touchdowns are great on punt returns and all, but turnovers from the are killers.
Yeah, give me a guy that fields every punt and doesn't fumble and i will take him every day; we've been horrible on punt returns since Antonio left.

OKC-SLC
9/30/2007, 01:30 PM
word.

Paperclip
9/30/2007, 01:44 PM
For badger:

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/9003/ttsay8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

:D

Piware
9/30/2007, 02:31 PM
Does anybody remember Derrick Sheppard? He was, at times, an ace kick returner for the Sooners. He also muffed punts, fumbled, fell down trying to catch the ball, etc. about as many times as he returned for mega yards. I was a nervous wreck everytime he touched the ball. I thought I was having flashbacks yesterday, first with Iglesias in the end zone and then with Reggie.

NOOOOooooooooo!!!