PDA

View Full Version : When did Reggie forget how to catch?

Jason White's Third Knee
9/30/2007, 12:16 AM
He's awesome, but dayum. Bad day for Reg...

Coulda returned a INT for a TD...

Shoulda caught the punt.

Oooof.

Still love the guy.

I'll blame the coaches anyway.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/30/2007, 12:19 AM
He went through a period last year when he couldn't hold on to anything.

SoonerGM
9/30/2007, 12:23 AM
he scares me every time he catches the ball. it doesnt ever look secure, and he often bobbles it a little. plus he never seems to call for the fair catch no matter what the situation is. usually he can turn it in to a gain because of his amazing abilities, but its one of those high risk/high gain situations.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/30/2007, 12:35 AM
That was like Perkins. Remember Thatcher? He was clutch.

arlington
9/30/2007, 12:50 AM
I dont want a high risk, high reward guy returning punts for me, PERIOD! His mechanics catching punts are lazy and awful. Half the ones he does catch he tries to catch like an outfielder fielding a popup or hes moving backwards to catch it. Turn your shoulders, plant your back foot and cradle it. Its demoralizing to make stops and then fumble the ball right back.

josh09
9/30/2007, 01:17 AM
He's awesome, but dayum. Bad day for Reg...

Coulda returned a INT for a TD...

Shoulda caught the punt.

Oooof.

Still love the guy.

I'll blame the coaches anyway.

I dont know how, but i could see that muff coming from a mile away. Just from the day we were having, when he kicked it, i thought "well reggie will muff this punt, with the luck were having today"

Dang.

StoopTroup
9/30/2007, 02:45 AM
I haven't been impressed with his performance on special teams this year.

I think some folks around here even thought one of the young studs might ought to be given a shot after kicking a$$ in the Tulsa Game.

I tend to agree that we might be spreading Reggie a little thin.

He's a great player but I think we need him on D worse than runbacks.

Crucifax Autumn
9/30/2007, 02:49 AM
I'd mentioned his problem a couple of weeks back...his mechanics really are awful, but I didn't think it would cost us as much as it did today.