PDA

View Full Version : Recalled ground beef ?

OUinFLA
9/29/2007, 11:33 PM
22 Million pounds of ground beef recalled due to ecoli :eek:

that is a whole lot of cows!

royalfan5
9/29/2007, 11:39 PM
Which Packer was it?

sanantoniosooner
9/29/2007, 11:39 PM
Reggie White rest his soul

OUinFLA
9/30/2007, 12:04 AM
Which Packer was it?

Topps Meat Company

meat link...er contaminated meat link (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/29/meat.recall/?iref=mpstoryview)

GottaHavePride
9/30/2007, 12:18 AM
So... doesn't fully cooking the meat kill al that anyway? I mean, are there large numbers of people eating steak tartare that I don't know about?

;)

OUinFLA
9/30/2007, 12:30 AM
So... doesn't fully cooking the meat kill al that anyway? I mean, are there large numbers of people eating steak tartare that I don't know about?

;)

do you eat at any fast food restaurant?
not that I know if they use this meat or not, just suggesting that you might not know how well the meat is cooked when you order a burger.

It's almost enough to make me giving a try at being a vegitarian again.
I did it once before, but gave it up when I found my self leaning towards the sun all day long.

proud gonzo
9/30/2007, 12:35 AM
oh hell, the beef came from New Jersey. E. Coli ought to be the least of your worries. :D

limey_sooner
9/30/2007, 06:30 AM
It's almost enough to make me giving a try at being a vegitarian again.

Stay away from spinach then.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A nationwide E. coli outbreak last summer has been traced to spinach from a single California field processed on a single day, according to a report released Friday.

But the report couldn't say exactly how the spinach became contaminated.

However, the report found several possible causes -- including tainted water, cow feces in a nearby field and wild pigs roaming the area.

The outbreak last summer sickened at least 205 people in 26 states and led to three deaths.

OCUDad
9/30/2007, 10:31 AM
If it came from New Jersey, it might not even be beef. The mind boggles.

stoopified
9/30/2007, 11:18 AM
Topps Meat Company

meat link...er contaminated meat link (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/29/meat.recall/?iref=mpstoryview)
I thought Topps made trading cards.Do they make the meat outta recycled cards or the cards outta recycled meat?

stoopified
9/30/2007, 11:19 AM
Sorry forgot :) .^

soonerloyal
9/30/2007, 12:26 PM
Spinach AGAIN?!

Hell, can't eat meat; it's tainted. Can't eat veggies; so are they. Can't let your kids play with toys and can't feed your pets - the damn Chinese are poisoning 'em with lead...

What's next, our teams playing on arsenic-sown fields, or the game balls covered with lead-sprayed plastic?

Guess I'll go pour me a glass of pesticide-laced wine. It's time for us to suck it up and become more isolationist. Jeebus.

StoopTroup
9/30/2007, 12:31 PM
I just knew there would be some bad bevo floating around after yesterday.

VeeJay
9/30/2007, 01:26 PM
I think we're all eating recycled, regurgitated and re-packaged animal sh*t.