PDA

View Full Version : ESPN...Biggest Upset of the Year?

tru2ou
9/29/2007, 11:22 PM
Did anyone else flip over to ESPN News right after the game to hear their comments? Whoever the announcer was made the following comment,

"This is the biggest upset of the season and possibly the biggest over the past few years!"

WTF?? Is he a Michigan grad? Thank god Robert Smith was there to clam him a bit. Although the "Later Sooners" is getting really old.

Sorry, I just had to vent a little and rag on ESPN.

- Tru

Widescreen
9/29/2007, 11:24 PM
We made our bed. Beat the teams you're supposed to beat and that kind of talk doesn't happen.

sanantoniosooner
9/29/2007, 11:26 PM
We made our bed.
and we wet it.

jdsooner
9/29/2007, 11:39 PM
We lost by 3 on the road; texas lost by 20 at home.
We lost by 3 on the road; florida lost by 3 at home.

I don't think that our upset was even the biggest of the day.

devOUt
9/29/2007, 11:48 PM
That's what they said about Michigan/Appalachian State. I wonder what the biggest upset of the year will be next week?

sanantoniosooner
9/29/2007, 11:49 PM
It's the upset of the year of the week.

It's similar to the storm of the century of the month.

Sooner Eclipse
9/29/2007, 11:53 PM
and we wet it.

:( Now I have a rash that wont go away.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/30/2007, 12:02 AM

It's similar to the storm of the century of the month.

Well said.

Thank you.

IronSooner
9/30/2007, 12:11 AM
We lost by 3 on the road; texas lost by 20 at home.
We lost by 3 on the road; florida lost by 3 at home.

I don't think that our upset was even the biggest of the day.

[espn analyst]But, but, we were #3 (in one of the polls). And we were the first to start the upset ball rolling (today). We must be the biggest upset. [/espn analyst]

GottaHavePride
9/30/2007, 12:12 AM
I heard that on the radio this afternoon. One guy called it "the biggest upset of the year" and the other guy said "I think Appalachian State would like to argue with you".

Jason White's Third Knee
9/30/2007, 12:24 AM
[espn analyst]But, but, we were #3 (in one of the polls). And we were the first to start the upset ball rolling (today). We must be the biggest upset. [/espn analyst]

[espn analyst]But, but, we were #3 (in one of the polls). And we were the first to start the upset ball rolling (today). We must be the biggest fattest upset. [/espn analyst]

I felt like that should be added.

Shneeg11
9/30/2007, 12:57 AM
According to the spread, last week's Syracuse/Louisville game was the biggest upset of all time

StoopTroup
9/30/2007, 02:51 AM
I think Auburn might want to put themselves into the running after taking out Florida in the swamp tonight.

soonermeteor
9/30/2007, 03:34 AM
Its just to create something to talk about. They have to have some sort of drama for the ratings.

The best example was the Boise State game. We were pretty much crap for the media all year, then bang we are MIGHTY GOLIATH. :rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
9/30/2007, 04:36 AM
Screw the media. Half the day I was seeing baseball updates like I give a sheet in the middle of a college football game.

aurorasooner
9/30/2007, 04:54 AM
Originally Posted by sanantoniosooner

It's similar to the storm of the century of the month. Best analysis of these hacks I've ever seen, and now College Football News is on the bandwagon. M. Zemek is so full of s&^t that he must stick his head in the toilet to take a dump. I guess they forgot about Michigan losing to Appy State.
In the most shocking upset of the young season, the No. 3 team in the land lost a 24-7 second-half lead to a scuffling program looking for any remote sign of hope. Good gawd. These hacks surely didn't go to a major U journalism school. They must have all graduated from the National Enquirer School for Hacks.

Crucifax Autumn
9/30/2007, 05:00 AM
ESPN can suck my scrotum. They'd at least have a chance of getting it right.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/30/2007, 05:34 AM
I guess App. State is old news...

Beef
9/30/2007, 07:30 AM
I think Auburn might want to put themselves into the running after taking out Florida in the swamp tonight.
But they're another SEC teams. All SEC teams are too good for any win to ever be an upset. :cool:

Beef
9/30/2007, 07:31 AM
I guess App. State is old news...
It's almost a month old. In ESPN time, that is like a decade ago.

1890MilesToNorman
9/30/2007, 07:41 AM
USC was in the same boat as OU yesterday but they pulled it out in the end.

Tulane (ranked 103) played even with LSU for an entire half.

Florida lost at home to unranked Auburn

Texas lost to unranked KS at home.

USC, LSU, OU, Florida, Texas - All played sloppy football yesterday and all of them have vulnerabilities. For the talking heads to call any of them the biggest upset of the year shows where their bias is.

Hello - 5 of the top ten and 9 of the top 25 lost this weekend. That's why we play the game.

Michigan still looks to be the biggest loser of the year with ND a very close second.

josh09
9/30/2007, 10:45 AM
Did anyone else flip over to ESPN News right after the game to hear their comments? Whoever the announcer was made the following comment,

"This is the biggest upset of the season and possibly the biggest over the past few years!"

WTF?? Is he a Michigan grad? Thank god Robert Smith was there to clam him a bit. Although the "Later Sooners" is getting really old.

Sorry, I just had to vent a little and rag on ESPN.

- Tru

Bull crap.

Did everyone forget about App St?