PDA

View Full Version : Freaky Saturday and The Resulting Poll

soonersn2007
9/29/2007, 10:41 PM
Now that the weirdness is over, I look at the woodpile below us. Could we actually not end up going below #6?

badger
9/29/2007, 10:45 PM
This might actually be a fun poll to see. But alas, it doesn't matter, only the final one does, and by that time, there will be more losses around the country and hopefully, we'll be one of the two left standing on Jason White's third knee, John William's heart and determination, or Nic Harris' spirit of community :D

kevpks
9/29/2007, 10:46 PM
I would look for us to be somewhere between 6-10, but we are in great shape among the one loss teams.

On a similar note, I noticed Herbstreit said that he would put Oregon at #5 despite their loss to Cal. Oregon is #11 right now and he wants to bump them up 6 spots? Feel free to lay off the Pac-teat anytime now Herby.

tommieharris91
9/29/2007, 10:50 PM
I would be surprised to see OU still in the top 10 tomorrow. Somewhere like #10 sounds about right for them. It all really depends on who's loss looks worse.

soonersn2007
9/29/2007, 10:50 PM
Yep, ole Herbie nearly broke a leg jumping off the OU bandwagon today.

canes4ever
9/29/2007, 10:55 PM
I would be surprised to see OU still in the top 10 tomorrow. Somewhere like #10 sounds about right for them. It all really depends on who's loss looks worse.

Ah,you won't drop below 4 or 5.

Sooner Eclipse
9/29/2007, 11:25 PM

Meh, 9-12.

Still too many crappy but unbeaten teams like Wisky, etc.

GrapevineSooner
9/29/2007, 11:39 PM
I thought 12 after Eberhart's kick sailed through the uprights.

I'm thinking compared to some of the other losses, we'll be around 10.

tommieharris91
9/29/2007, 11:43 PM

The Top 5 should look like this, and I wouldn't be surprised to see two different #1s in the polls:

LSU
SoCal
Cal
tOSU
Wisky

Wisconsin is about as overrated as USC, too.

Eielson
9/30/2007, 12:07 AM
I do a top 25 every week and this is what I have. It's not what I think the polls will be. It's just my poll.

1. LSU
2. USC
3. California
4. Ohio State
5. Boston College
6. Oklahoma
7. Oregon
8. South Carolina
9. Georgia
10. Kentucky
11. Wisconsin
12. South Florida
13. Florida
14. Michigan State
15. West Virginia
16. Arizona State
17. Miami
18. Missouri
19. Texas
20. Rutgers
21. Purdue
22. Virginia
23. Georgia Tech
24. Illinois
25. Clemson

I think OU will fall farther than #6 but if we did that would be great. If we would win out that would put us in position to actually possibly play in a National Title game.

If we were #6 we would just have to gradually work our way up and win all our remaining games. Boston College will almost for sure lose at some point in the season. It would be awesome if Miami would spoil their undefeated season in the last regular season game.

I think Ohio State is lucky to be where they are and am very confident they will lose at least one game.

Cal or USC will have to lose.

LSU is an awesome team but they have some very very tough teams to play. Florida next week will be fun to watch. I think they might just slip and lose one.

I'm afraid with how weak the Big XII has appeared we'll be stuck with an SEC team vs. a Pac-10 team. There is still hope, though.

Texas Golfer
9/30/2007, 01:54 AM
I would look for us to be somewhere between 6-10, but we are in great shape among the one loss teams.

On a similar note, I noticed Herbstreit said that he would put Oregon at #5 despite their loss to Cal. Oregon is #11 right now and he wants to bump them up 6 spots? Feel free to lay off the Pac-teat anytime now Herby.

If that's the case, Oregon will be the only team in history to jump six spots after a loss.

Crucifax Autumn
9/30/2007, 03:01 AM
Herbstreit's an idiot. By his reasoning we should go to number one.

1890MilesToNorman
9/30/2007, 06:05 AM
I think 7-10 would be about right. Did I count the losses right? 9 out of the top 25 lost this weekend? Has there ever been as many top 25 losses in one weekend?

Freaky Weekend is right.

AlbqSooner
9/30/2007, 07:06 AM
I'm afraid with how weak the Big XII has appeared we'll be stuck with an SEC team vs. a Pac-10 team. There is still hope, though.
We may face an undefeated South Florida in a BCS bowl.:eek:

OU-HSV
9/30/2007, 07:37 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see us slide to the #12-15 range

fadada1
9/30/2007, 07:44 AM
i agree with the 7-10 range... my guess is 8. we lost by 3 on the road. not by 20 at home, or by 3 to a 2-2 team, or to an unknown south florida team (despite the ranking).

cal moves to our spot. ohio state moves up, but will lose for sure. wisconsin moves up, but will lose.

stoopified
9/30/2007, 07:54 AM
I hope 9-12 range.I wouldn't argue TOO much.

OU-HSV
9/30/2007, 07:58 AM
I hope 9-12 range.I wouldn't argue TOO much.
That's what I'm saying, I hate to see us drop to there, but it's hard to argue, given the way we played yesterday.

85sooners
9/30/2007, 08:33 AM
8 th

Eielson
9/30/2007, 05:21 PM
10 kinda hurts. A couple more spots would've helped.

Here we go now! How to win a championship-

#9 Florida has LSU, Kentucky, and Georgia these next three weeks. If they couldn't beat Auburn I doubt they will beat all three of those teams. If that doesn't take them down you have South Carolina two weeks later and Florida State to end the season. Hopefully they can beat LSU for us.

#8 Kentucky WILL NOT beat South Carolina, LSU, and then Florida on three straight weeks. Nobody in the nation could do that.

#7 Boston College is unlikely to win their final five games against Virginia Tech, Florida State, Maryland, Clemson, and Miami (wouldn't it be awesome if Miami spoiled it?)

#6 South Florida seems almost like a joke. No Big East team should be in the NC game even if they go undefeated.

#5 Wisconsin has pretty much sucked all year. I see no reason for why they never fell for it. UNLV game was 20-13 and that 2-3 team just lost to Nevada. They beat the Citadel 45-31. They beat Iowa 17-13 who is 2-3 and got beat by 18 against Indian and lost to the mighty Iowa State. That's pretty much all I need to say they can't win out even if they do play a weak schedule.

#4 Ohio State- Wisconsin and Ohio State have to play eachother so one of them will have to lose. It could be difficult to beat Michigan State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Michigan but I'm somewhat worried about these guys. Go Michigan!

#3 Cal and #2 USC play eachother.

#1 LSU is a very good team but you never know when you have Florida, Kentucky, Alabama, and Arkansas on your schedule.

So basically we just have to hope that the SEC beats eacother up or USC, Oregon, and Cal can split a three way and if one of those things happen we'll have a realistic shot.

OUmillenium
9/30/2007, 08:50 PM
Crazy season indeed.

This loss may not be as bad as it seems...but it sure seems BAD.

Gotta beat Texas and get on a roll!!!!!!!!!!

OKC-SLC
9/30/2007, 09:11 PM
We may face an undefeated South Florida in a BCS bowl.:eek:
Damnit.

Didn't we already do that last year?