PDA

View Full Version : What Did Bomar Say??

winnard
9/29/2007, 10:30 PM
I missed the comment Rhett Bomar made on KFOR news tonight, but it sounded kinda bitter whatever he said.

winnard

SOONER STEAKER
9/29/2007, 10:35 PM
He said, OSU wil always be OU's little sister!! Great quote Brett!!!!!!!!!!

Flying Scotsman
9/29/2007, 10:37 PM
Are you sure the statement's right?

Am I stupid enough to question the truth?

soonernation
9/29/2007, 10:38 PM
Just posting to get this "Sooner Streaker, Sooner in Heaven, Sooner 4 Ever" off the main page. It screws the page up.

SOONER STEAKER
9/29/2007, 10:39 PM
Heard it myself.

Flying Scotsman
9/29/2007, 10:40 PM
Groovy!!

sanantoniosooner
9/29/2007, 10:40 PM
Just posting to get this "Sooner Streaker, Sooner in Heaven, Sooner 4 Ever" off the main page. It screws the page up.
agreed.

bump

Soonerus
9/29/2007, 11:21 PM
BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......

Widescreen
9/29/2007, 11:26 PM
Cool. I don't feel bad about losing to an unranked team now. Thanks.

OSUFAN11
9/30/2007, 01:35 AM
http://www.jarredpettijohn.com/2007/09/rhett-bomar-words-for-osu-fans.html

Video of his comment. He said we were classless for cheering when he was down and then said that is why we will always be a step child to OU.

While I am sure most of you will enjoy this, he was just pi$$ed because he played like crap. He overthrew so many receivers....be glad he is gone.

birddog
9/30/2007, 01:57 AM
that's classic.

snp
9/30/2007, 01:57 AM

While I am sure most of you will enjoy this, he was just pi$$ed because he played like crap. He overthrew so many receivers....be glad he is gone.

No, cheering when he was hurt is classless and you guys should be called out on it.

thatmediadude
9/30/2007, 03:06 AM
I was covering the game..He had about 3 receivers about 2 steps in front of the pack, but just didn't put quite enough air underneath the ball. He definitely has the physical tools to play D1 still..his supporting cast sucks though. Hey, he got himself into this mess, NOW...he must stick with it...

aurorasooner
9/30/2007, 06:33 AM
That sheep football promotions department must be SFB. They come out with "the greatest offense in the world" slogan and now this.
The public address announcer introduced Gundy as "America's head coach," and some fans wore orange T-shirts with the message "I'm a man. I'm 40. Go Pokes." -- a play on one of Gundy's most replayed remarks.

KABOOKIE
9/30/2007, 07:14 AM
That sheep football promotions department must be SFB. They come out with "the greatest offense in the world" slogan and now this.

Well, like Gundy I'm going to puke then.

Those inbreds up there surely thought they were playing OU last night.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/30/2007, 07:21 AM
From the Oklahoman
http://newsok.com/article/3137391/1191135825

Bomar commends Cowboys
By Andrea Cohen
Staff Writer
STILLWATER — Former Oklahoma quarterback Rhett Bomar, now quarterbacking Sam Houston State, said returning to the state of Oklahoma wasn't a big deal.

When the PA announcer in Boone Pickens Stadium announced that OU had lost, the crowd cheered loudly. But Bomar missed it and said he "could care less about that, really.”

But don't think Bomar's completely indifferent to the Sooners, who kicked him off the team after he and a teammate were found to have accepted payment for hours not worked at a Norman car dealership.

In fact, it sounds like he might have just become a bit of an OSU fan.

"I think they're a solid team,” Bomar said. "I have a lot of respect for those guys. They said some nice things to me after the game. I wish them a lot of luck the rest of the year, especially against that other school here.”

Sam Houston State coach Todd Whitten said he was impressed with Bomar's passing numbers (22-of-49 for 270 yards) along with his 13 rushes for 54 yards. Particularly since, he said, the Bearkats were overpowered on the line.

"He had a lot of pressure on him,” Whitten said. "He got knocked down a bunch. I think he played with a bunch of toughness; a bunch of heart. That's who that kid is. That's the way he plays the game. I have a lot of respect for that kid.”

OSU also had a lot of respect for Bomar's ability – early this week, Gundy said Bomar was one of the best high school quarterbacks he'd ever seen, and Bomar beat OSU while at OU in 2005. But Gundy said he was pleased with how the Cowboys handled the quarterback.

"He does a nice job of throwing the ball on time, and he has a big-time arm,” Gundy said. "And he's tough and he runs the ball effectively. I was concerned about that, but I thought we handled him well. We let him get outside a couple times, but he's gonna make some plays.”

OSU defensive coordinator Tim Beckman said Bomar was everything he expected, physically and mentally.

"He's very competitive,” Beckman said. "He probably could play linebacker. He's got that mentality. You watch every one of his games and he's either running over someone or running around them because he's got the speed to do both.”

screw you romar.

OU-HSV
9/30/2007, 07:34 AM
That is funny

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/30/2007, 07:53 AM
Hmmm that's different than his KFOR comments.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/30/2007, 08:16 AM
Hmmm that's different than his KFOR comments.
That's what I thought.

r5TPsooner
9/30/2007, 09:20 AM
Sour grapes. If Bomar had any intelligence at all, he'd still be the starting QB at OU. Sounds like reality and bitterness is finally settling in on his arrogant azz. If he thinks that he has anyone to blame but himself... he's even a bigger dumbass than I originally thought he was.

winnard
9/30/2007, 10:11 AM
Sour grapes. If Bomar had any intelligence at all, he'd still be the starting QB at OU. Sounds like reality and bitterness is finally settling in on his arrogant azz. If he thinks that he has anyone to blame but himself... he's even a bigger dumbass than I originally thought he was.

In reality, losing him was better in the long run for Oklahoma.

winnard

usmc-sooner
9/30/2007, 10:36 AM
Just listening to his comments, he still sounds like he needs to grow up. Still sounds like he has a bad attitude.

tulsaoilerfan
9/30/2007, 10:50 AM
Just listening to his comments, he still sounds like he needs to grow up. Still sounds like he has a bad attitude.
Agreed; with that attitude, he will never make it to the next level.

Animal Mother
9/30/2007, 08:14 PM
This is from a New York Times article I read Friday.

Bomar, who is majoring in kinesiology and on pace to graduate in December 2008, said he did not his regret his decision to attend Oklahoma. He said he occasionally saw parts of Sooner games while channel surfing. He would not discuss specifics about the payments he received.

“There’s a lot of stuff that people don’t know,” Bomar said.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/28/sports/ncaafootball/28college.html?ref=sports

OUmillenium
9/30/2007, 08:44 PM
No way we win the big 12 with that hyper ******rocket as our QB last year.