PDA

View Full Version : Hey, look at the bright side...

Soonerus
9/29/2007, 07:57 PM
...at least we did not lose to an inferior opponent by 20 at home....

SoonerBOI
9/29/2007, 08:00 PM
...at least we did not lose to an inferior opponent by 20 at home....

I agree.

oufan1
9/29/2007, 08:02 PM
Yeah but Texas sucks so they are supposed to do that

Soonerus
9/29/2007, 08:05 PM
OU and Texas obviously were both looking to next week...

tulsaoilerfan
9/29/2007, 08:06 PM
At least we aren't Oklahoma State fans

Soonerus
9/29/2007, 08:12 PM
...I still think this is a great team with as much talent as we have had in a while...we stubbed our toe today, guess what 18-22,23 year olds do that sometimes...

Frozen Sooner
9/29/2007, 08:13 PM
Did a mother-a mother of children-tell you that? ;)

SoonerBOI
9/29/2007, 08:14 PM
At least we aren't Oklahoma State fans
:D

Soonerus
9/29/2007, 08:14 PM
No, just the facts....

OUinFLA
9/29/2007, 08:17 PM
Hey, we didnt fall for any trick plays today!

tulsaoilerfan
9/29/2007, 08:17 PM
Really this thread should be made into something fun to take our minds off the frustration of today; keep it going people.

tulsaoilerfan
9/29/2007, 08:18 PM
At least our jerseys don't say Texas on them.

Soonerus
9/29/2007, 08:19 PM
At least Stoops didn't make a complete arse of himself in his post game press conference...

birddog
9/29/2007, 08:24 PM
atleast my hair doesn't look like dan hawkins.

Soonerus
9/29/2007, 08:27 PM
Hey, we have a shot at a great revenge game in the Big XII title game...

Geekboy
9/29/2007, 11:04 PM
...I still think this is a great team with as much talent as we have had in a while...we stubbed our toe today, guess what 18-22,23 year olds do that sometimes...
Dead on! There will be even more shockers before the season is over!
OU still has a great team!

Rogue
9/29/2007, 11:07 PM
Whazzis? Rus turned into a "glass half full" kind of guy?

I must have woke up in some alternate universe today or something. I swear I saw OU get beat by Colorado, some other weird stuff all day, and now Rus is pumping sunshine all over the place! :confused:

Soonerus
9/29/2007, 11:09 PM
...we lost a coin flip...That's it, we have a great team and they will learn immensely from this loss...I see no others this year.......

sanantoniosooner
9/29/2007, 11:09 PM
When you find out you were completely wrong you have to restrategize. ;)

Soonerus
9/29/2007, 11:11 PM

I must have woke up in some alternate universe today or something. I swear I saw OU get beat by Colorado, some other weird stuff all day, and now Rus is pumping sunshine all over the place! :confused:

please note...rus has always been a glass half full guy...

batonrougesooner
9/29/2007, 11:11 PM
Who on here can honestly say they expected OU to go undefeated before the season?

Soonerus
9/29/2007, 11:12 PM
Who on here can honestly say they expected OU to go undefeated before the season?

me...

Leroy Lizard
9/29/2007, 11:13 PM
I'm not sure how great this team really is at this point. I would normally say that we will find out next week, but I am not sure how good the Horns are either.

Utah State cannot get a win, no matter how weak their opponent. They are truly awful.

Tulsa just barely beat UAB. How good are they really?

North Texas may be the worst team in Div. 1A. They got absolutely crushed by Arkansas.

That leaves us with an impressive victory over a good, but not great, Miami team.

If we were going to lose, however, I would choose this game over any other. (And UT would probably choose KSU over any other.) It is the week before UT, so this can possibly help OU focus and keep from becoming overconfident. And it is early enough in the season that it won't hurt us in the polls as much as a late-season loss. And it was to a North team.

leematthews
9/29/2007, 11:13 PM

me too

sanantoniosooner
9/29/2007, 11:14 PM
if the search feature worked worth a crap I'd pull up the poll.

I figured they'd lose one they shouldn't.

Unfortunately we are right there. Hopefully it sticks at one.

Soonerus
9/29/2007, 11:17 PM
That sounds like, I told you so....annoying...

Geekboy
9/29/2007, 11:18 PM

He's ALWAYS been a 'glass half full' guy!!! ALWAYS!!!

sanantoniosooner
9/29/2007, 11:19 PM
That sounds like, I told you so....annoying...
pfffffffffft

start a new thread about it.

sanantoniosooner
9/29/2007, 11:20 PM
He's ALWAYS been a 'glass half full' guy!!! ALWAYS!!!
Rus has always been a "the glass is totally full" guy in spite of actual beverage content.

birddog
9/29/2007, 11:38 PM
if the search feature worked worth a crap I'd pull up the poll.

I figured they'd lose one they shouldn't.

Unfortunately we are right there. Hopefully it sticks at one.

i had us losing two. maybe i'll get ambitious enough to find that thread.

soonermeteor
9/30/2007, 04:31 AM
Here's another bright side. Loses happens. Sometimes the game goes bad and you lose. The commentators go crazy, the fans rush the field, and you run screaming from the room. However, how did all that start in the first place? It was the fact you were the better team. You were the team people expected to win. You were the team with the reputation. Sure, the other fans love the "were number 1" chant on the field, tearing down the goal posts, a night of drunken revelry, ect.... but when the fun ends, what are they left with? No one will care in 50 years about this game, about A LOT of games. However, people know we won the 2000. People know we've been one of the top 10 of the decade.

Geeze, I haven't even heard "Appalachian State" state mentioned in a couple weeks.:rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
9/30/2007, 04:44 AM
I honestly thought we'd go undefeated, but I also knew deep down that weird things happen. We've proved it for years now.

But who gives a Gundy? We'll win the rest and hopefully CU will take the rest of theirs and we can destroy them in the CCG. That always looks good to pollsters for some reason.

But anyway, didn't someone suggest we have fun with this thread?

Why can't we all just dance around with flowers and make fun of everyone else? We are finally at the point where we can start giggling about how Mack is gonna get fired soon. He's gonna drop one next week, he's gonna drop a few more and then we get to stomp a re-building Texass team for a few years.