PDA

View Full Version : why bash bradford?

SoonerGM
9/29/2007, 05:47 PM
why is everyone coming down so much on bradford? for instance, saying he looked like a feshman for the first time. he was not dropping balls or tipping them to the opponent. the only thing that really upset me was that he kept throwing it to iglasias, who for whatever reason seemed to have his rubber hands back for this game. but even at that, JI should have been sat down. we have plenty of other capable recievers that can step in.

StoopTroup
9/29/2007, 05:50 PM
OUr Team had a bad day.

Period.

Last I remember Div 1A Football was a team sport.

Anyone coming down on Sam Bradford must still have a Nate Hybl Jersey stuck in their B*TT.

OUHOMER
9/29/2007, 05:52 PM
Chill dude, Bradford did Ok, not outstanding, but he did seem to lock in on 1 receiver more today than before. it could have been pressure from the D or just not being in Sync. Nobody has given up on him yet.

Killerbees
9/29/2007, 05:55 PM
I think Bradford played ok for the most part. He just forced it too much. He was by no means the reason for this debacle.

sooner518
9/29/2007, 05:55 PM
hes a kid that does everything right! come after me. Im a man! Im 40![hairGel]

Texas Golfer
9/29/2007, 05:57 PM
I don't blame Sam for anything other than he hardly looked at MK all day. His passes were on the fingers of his receivers all day but the receivers continue to drop them.

auto
9/29/2007, 06:03 PM
I don't think Sam played bad at all,. I think Wilson was kidnapped by Chuck "4th and" Long

IronSooner
9/29/2007, 06:07 PM
It was an entire team effort to lose today. Point to anyone who had a good game. Besides maybe Wolfe. We were sluggish, looked slow, gave the ball away FAR too much, and did everything we had to do to lose (even a fumbled PR) This isn't on Sam. He needs to improve and stop locking on, but so does everyone else.

Vaevictis
9/30/2007, 03:17 AM
Bradford, in and of himself, played well enough to win the game (IMO). There were an awful lot of dropped balls out there today.

(Of course, he didn't "carry" the team either, but I don't think I'd expect that of an RS Frosh.)

(EDIT: And I don't think the receivers are "to blame" either. It's just that in several critical situations, we had some "group" screw up, and the sum of those screw ups lost it for us. Overthrown/tipped for intercept, muffed punt, botched coverage, running sideways instead of following a lead blocker for a first {not absolutely certain about that one}, dropped passes, etc, etc. Individually, none of those kill us. Collectively, we lose.)

Seamus
9/30/2007, 03:54 AM
hes a kid that does everything right! come after me. Im a man! Im 40![hairGel]

Still a little funny, but shelf life is coming to a end. Starting to smell like mildew ...

Crucifax Autumn
9/30/2007, 04:29 AM
It's extra funny after seeing it all day on ESPN, but yeah...we need to find a new way to make fun of gumby.

And I thought sam was fine. The statement he tried to force some is off base, particularly considering that the other complaint is he didn't look to Malcolm more. He looked, saw double coverage, and went elsewhere.
The truth is, he probably shoulda forced it to Malcolm a few times, just to see if he could complete one and maybe force CU to re-evaluate doubling him every play. This might have made the people covering our other receivers relax a bit and let them come open.

I also think that we shoulda tried some trickier plays and shown more looks. The switch to 3 TE's in the first half worked well, so maybe we shoulda changed it up more. Changing it up is what made CU successful. Sometimes the coach should give an opponent a taste of their own medicine.

aurorasooner
9/30/2007, 04:37 AM
why bash bradford? Nobody should bash Bradford. However, it makes me wonder if head coaches have a disaster plan, or when everything continues to go in the toilet, they just hope it'll get better.
On the offensive side of the ball and with the way the college talent is leveling out, if you run a simple offense with simple sets , very little shifts and no motion or the same predictable motion over and over, then you're just asking for disaster when you come up against a well-coached defensive team that's playing with emotion especially when you're on the road which doesn't include the Tulsa metro area. We're just damn lucky teams like Tulsa and especially the Sand Aggies have sh*&^t defenses.

josh09
9/30/2007, 10:49 AM
why is everyone coming down so much on bradford? for instance, saying he looked like a feshman for the first time. he was not dropping balls or tipping them to the opponent. the only thing that really upset me was that he kept throwing it to iglasias, who for whatever reason seemed to have his rubber hands back for this game. but even at that, JI should have been sat down. we have plenty of other capable recievers that can step in.

Exactly. This was not his fault.

Personally, i think our entire team was affected by the altitude. :D

tulsaoilerfan
9/30/2007, 10:51 AM
On the TD to JI, Sam actually looked off his first read as he looked to the left first then found JI in the endzone.

tulsaoilerfan
9/30/2007, 10:53 AM
I don't blame Bradford as his offensive mates, outside of Patrick, gave him almost no help; what the hell was wrong with the best offensive line in the nation? They got their asses handed to them all day long, outside of that little spell in the 2nd quarter.

soonersn2007
9/30/2007, 11:17 AM
I agree with the above poster, Chuck "4th and Long" made an appearance in the play calling..............as far as locking onto receivers, Sam has got to stop that and start reading the field.

SOONER STEAKER
9/30/2007, 11:20 AM
Wasn't Bradford at all. It was Reggie Smith and Marcus Walker. They stunk up Folsom Field.

StoopTroup
9/30/2007, 11:21 AM
...we need to find a new way to make fun of gumby.

Stay tuned....

It won't be long....

:pop:

stoopified
9/30/2007, 11:25 AM
I don't blame Sam for anything other than he hardly looked at MK all day. His passes were on the fingers of his receivers all day but the receivers continue to drop them.
Exactly.

Readyfor8
9/30/2007, 11:40 AM
No excuses... But...

I don't think Sam adjusted to throwing the ball in Colorado very well. All of his passes looked like lasers, when he floated the ball out he floated it too far. I personally think the altitude played a huge factor in tiring out our defense and retarding our passing game.

OKC-SLC
9/30/2007, 12:48 PM
This team is young.

The QB is young.

I'll go ahead and take Bradford for the next three and a half years. This kid is going to win us championships.

Fiatil
9/30/2007, 01:15 PM
Yeah, Bradford seemed to be the least of our problems in the game. I believe on our last drive he threw a complete pass (overturned, yay replay) on 2nd down, then another that got dropped on 3rd. Both were easy first downs. Most of his incompletions were horrible drops or tipped balls. Same deal with the interceptions.

NS5
9/30/2007, 02:57 PM
Bradford Off Day! O-Line Off Day D-Line Off day Secondary off day,
Wr- off day ,but water girl did a great job!

MextheBulldog
9/30/2007, 03:26 PM
Wasn't Bradford at all. It was Reggie Smith and Marcus Walker. They stunk up Folsom Field.

Smith for the fumble yes. But 46 carries for 161 yards on the ground - yikes!! #1 receiver for the day was Charles coming out of the backfield. Might want to take a look at that front seven too...

Bad performance all around. No one man made the difference - a team meltdown for sure.

r5TPsooner
9/30/2007, 03:30 PM
Bradford made good reads and threw good passes. Yes, a couple were high but the receiver has to make more than a 1/2 azzed attempt at catching the ball and the DL and RB have to pick up the blitz.

sanantoniosooner
9/30/2007, 03:32 PM
Hybl wasn't the best QB we ever had, but the season they lost 2 games when he was starter were not his fault. if the defense had done it's job, Hybl could have had an undefeated season under his belt.

As it was he had to just settle for Big12/Rose Bowl Champion and MVP.

Sam did enough to win this game. He just didn't have enough help.

OUHOMER
9/30/2007, 03:37 PM
Too be honest i dont know why this thread was started. i didnt see any other threads or post that blamed Sam. yea, i think he locked on his primary receiver early on, and could have made better reads some times. But he was under more pressure than he has seen all year. but i would not blame Sam for the loss.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/30/2007, 04:54 PM
The good news is that Michael Cohen is one hell of a punter and a great open field tackler...we should get him reps at linebacker, hell he is probably already better than any of Nebraska's linebackers