PDA

View Full Version : At least our team won't have this attitude...

Eielson
9/29/2007, 05:41 PM
I understand you guys wanting to vent but I don't think we need to make enough threads to fill up the first page bashing our own team. Stoops is the best, our coaching is good. You just can't win everygame. Colorado isn't terrible, they're not great but they're still a decent team and we played them at Colorado, they have a homecoming crowd, we got a couple terrible review calls, and lose on a FG as time expires. Stuff happens. You gotta take the bad with the good and as a Sooner fan we know there is a LOT more good than bad. You don't have to play for a championship every year to have a fun season. Honestly though, I don't feel we are even eliminated from championship contention. It's early enough that if we tear Texas apart and take the Big XII as a one loss team we would likely be one of the top one loss team if not the very top one. We've seen bad review calls three years in a row now We bounced back the last two years and we're even more talented this year. Stoops is great at creating the us vs. the world attitude and I'm expecting a very fun season from here on out.

Just thought I'd get my thoughts in aswell.

MissouriSooner
9/29/2007, 05:50 PM
Agreed. Let's get over it and win the Big XII, then let the rest of the teams play their seasons and see where that puts us re. the NC game. Nobody in his right mind would trade what we have for what anybody else has. Boomer Sooner!

StoopTroup
9/29/2007, 05:52 PM
KSU really helped me swallow todays loss a little easier.

Sooner Eclipse
9/29/2007, 06:00 PM

Agreed, at least we wont be listening to crap from the shorthorns next week.

jrsooner
9/29/2007, 06:22 PM
Agreed, at least we wont be listening to crap from the shorthorns next week.yes, and now we know there is a God. :)

I'll take a ...

Close loss to a team on the road in high altitude

to

A blowout loss in our own stadium

anyday!

soonerloyal
9/29/2007, 06:29 PM
Well, after knockin' my office door off the bottom hinge and more cuss words out of my Southern Lady mouth than my Marine vet could comfortably tolerate...

I'm okay. I'd be happier, mind you, if we'd won, but I'm all right now. I knew it might come down to a slobberknocker, and it did. We should never allow ourselves to be in a position where a bad call can make a difference. I'm still prouder'n punch of our Sooners, and still breathing fire for the season. Congrats to the Buffs. We'll probably see you in the Big 12 Championship game, and we'll beat the crud out of you then. LOL

Plus, there's the whole KS 41 over the 'horns 21 thing. That'll bring both teams into the Cotton Bowl madder than swatted hornets next week. It'll be an AWESOME game.

Now than my BP is within normal limits, think I'll go see how my hubby is, holed up in the back of the house. He's afraid to poke his head out. Good, he should be.

BOOOOOOOMER!!!!

Sooner02
9/29/2007, 06:39 PM
It's ALWAYS the gdamn games I'm not worried about.

SoonerDood
9/29/2007, 07:36 PM
Admiral Ackbar was all over this one.

TXBOOMER
9/29/2007, 07:41 PM

Truer words have never been spoken. Thanks texass.:texan:

tulsaoilerfan
9/29/2007, 08:24 PM
Sorry, a loss on the road when you are a 22 point favorite is something i don't remember ever happening before; anyone?

birddog
9/29/2007, 08:27 PM
not as bad as a loss at home when you're favored by 25 like tcu in '05.

freshchris05
9/29/2007, 10:48 PM
you guys arent helping eh.. haha

Crucifax Autumn
9/30/2007, 03:33 AM
Hey, at least when we lose the board stays up and running. And compared to the meltdowns we've seen on some other boards we seem to be doing pretty well here, particularly after everyone sobered up.

PErsonally I made a point of staying off the computer. I went in the bedroom, turned on some other game I don't remember, and passed out for a few hours then watched the rest of the craziness and near losses from the other teams and waited until I was all better attitude-wise before even looking at the computer.