PDA

View Full Version : And again....PREVENT OFFENSE

boomersooner28
9/29/2007, 04:53 PM
Where the hell does this come from?????

Let me explain this game.

1st down: hand-off 1 yard
2nd down: hand-off 1 yard
3rd down: 3rd and 8, Colorado blitz, incompletion, drop, or sack, punt and keep our defense on the field the entire game.

UNTIL 6 minutes to go up by 7, THEN we decide to throw and NOT run and eat some clock and we throw a mother frickin interception!

WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING COACHING STAFF!?!?!?!?!?!!?

usmc-sooner
9/29/2007, 04:57 PM
I would have thought someone would tell Sam not to throw to Iglesias every pass play of the second half. We had some nice stuff set up to TE's in the 1st half. (although I've almost lost confidence in Finley to catch the ball)

fadada1
9/29/2007, 05:08 PM
it does seem that we're good for one game a year where the offensive playcalling resembles NOTHING like previous games. this time , we did not win in spite of that. i saw absolutely nothing that resembled the offense of the previous 4 games. i have a hard time believing that cu made us change our game plan that drastically.

credit to cu for taking advantage of our playcalling and horrific mistakes.

auto
9/29/2007, 05:18 PM
I swear to God, I thought Chuck "Third and" Long was calling the play. What the hell?

Boomer.....
9/29/2007, 05:45 PM
We are playing this "soft" D, which we are getting burnt on, just like the first half of the TU game.

OUmillenium
9/29/2007, 05:53 PM
Yeah, the QB and receivers had a bad day. I thought Oline and RBs played well.

How do you explain the repeated holes in the zone defense? It looked like Oregon or Boise St. from last year.

Gotta get more stops.

The 2 tipped ints that DJ caught were both decent passes to open receivers. When CU cleaned things up, our defense did not hold.

The_Red_Patriot
9/30/2007, 03:45 AM
When OU goes on the road, we become pretty vanilla on offense.

Seems like were afraid to do anything.

It really blew me away to see us passing on 1st down with 5 minutes to go and it got picked right away.

soonermeteor
9/30/2007, 04:22 AM
I didn't get that play calling either. I was screaming at the TV to get Sam back into the action more. We had that great drive in the second quarter that started from the 30 or so yarder pass. Once we got the momentum rolling and the threat of a pass in the air, the run game opened up too and AP got us a touchdown. I can't stand the "run into the wall" offense.

Could stoops have been trying to carry bradford through his first road game by focusing on handoffs?

Crucifax Autumn
9/30/2007, 04:52 AM
Dunno what was up with that, but if we have a QB we oughtta trust him. Bradford can handle himself. The coaches should trust in that and I think they do, but for whatever reason I think they were trying to wear down CU, assuming we're better conditioned and would pull it out. I hope we don't do this again.

I think next week we'll open it up and show it all. We'll pull out all the playbook against Texass and we'll win big.

We're gonna look like a pervert in a trenchcoat roaming the mall...we'll show it all!

OU-HSV
9/30/2007, 07:42 AM
Dunno what was up with that, but if we have a QB we oughtta trust him. Bradford can handle himself. The coaches should trust in that and I think they do, but for whatever reason I think they were trying to wear down CU, assuming we're better conditioned and would pull it out. I hope we don't do this again.

I think next week we'll open it up and show it all. We'll pull out all the playbook against Texass and we'll win big.

We're gonna look like a pervert in a trenchcoat roaming the mall...we'll show it all!
And it backfired on us and we wore our defense out

stoopified
9/30/2007, 08:06 AM
It wasn't the playcalling it was the execution.IF we don't drop 6 passes ,we win.Add to that the dropped punt and at least 3 dropped picksand there is the ballgame.

Millineum,on what planet did our o-line have a good game? Sam was rushed and harried often and we did not have consistent push from the o-line to keep our running game going.
Bradford was 8-19 passing and should have been 13 0r 14 of 19.Drops on O,D and special teams cost us the game.

sozo
9/30/2007, 08:26 AM
All this time I thought Chuck was in San Diego!Every now and then Wilson calls a game like this,WHY?