PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere...

LoyalFan
9/29/2007, 04:50 PM
Blake is laughing his a$$ off. Gibbs is shaking his head. *************** is quietly smiling.
I've rarely seen such a flat performance by a (reputedly) talented Sooner offense.
Bobbo is now 0-2 v. Hawkins and I seriously doubt he will ever take the lead.
The defense literally gave their last breath in the game because the offense didn't show up at Folsom Field.
No, I'm not calling for firings. I am, however, convinced that the Sooners once again fell prey to the malady that has bitten them in the past; To whit, too inclined to assume that ALL opponents will roll over and play dead based on press clippings and other media hype.
What now? Well, for one thing there'll be no further Heisman chatter re young Mister Bradford. The receiving corps will no longer be considered the cream of the crop (especially Mr. Iglesias) and the vaunted O-line had better do some serious soul-searching.
The assertions of a vulnerable pass defense were certainly borne out today as well. Kick coverage was mediocre too.

Despite this embarrassment, the name IS LoyalFan and loyal I remain.

kevpks
9/29/2007, 04:52 PM
Stoops beat Hawkins last year in Norman.

StoopTroup
9/29/2007, 04:59 PM
Blake is laughing his a$$ off. Gibbs is shaking his head. *************** is quietly smiling.
Despite this embarrassment, the name IS LoyalFan and loyal I remain.
Many of you guys are gonna want to delete these threads once you've sobered up.

It was a close road game...not an embarrassment.

Rhino
9/29/2007, 05:20 PM
Blake is laughing his a$$ off. Gibbs is shaking his head. *************** is quietly smiling. You're right.

I'm sure Blake is laughing his *** off as his team just lost their fourth straight game.

And Gibbs is shaking his head as his 0-3 Saints gives up an average of 355 yards of offense.

And *************** is quietly smiling as his team gets beat by Kentucky 45-17 and gives up 514 yards of offense.

StoopTroup
9/29/2007, 05:22 PM
You're right.

I'm sure Blake is laughing his *** off as his team just lost their fourth straight game.

And Gibbs is shaking his head as his 0-3 Saints give up an average of 355 yards of offense.

And *************** is quietley smiling as his team gets beat by Kentucky 45-17 and gives up 514 yards of offense.
EXACTLY...

SPEK!

RedGiant
9/29/2007, 05:24 PM
When you lose to a team that managed 6 points against FSU it's an embarrassment.

Boomer.....
9/29/2007, 05:30 PM
THESE PRETZELS ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY!

MissouriSooner
9/29/2007, 05:32 PM
Take your pick: it's either the coaches cannot get these guys ready for the game, or these guys aren't quality enough to be coached up to be emotionally ready for the game. Add to that a ****-poor game plan on offense with a freshman QB, and you get beat by talented and motivated inferior teams.

Newbomb Turk
9/29/2007, 05:38 PM
the only embarrassments are some of these posts.

I love it (no wait, I hate it) how everybody gushes all over our coaches and players when we are scoring 60 a game, but turn on them when this happens.

85Sooner
9/29/2007, 05:45 PM
Many of you guys are gonna want to delete these threads once you've sobered up.

It was a close road game...not an embarrassment.

I'm sober and I think the team would agree, This was embarrassing. Looks like texas has lost heart as uch as we did. the offense will not be able to makethe texas game next week. we will be having them running stadium steps for the next 5 days to let them feel how tired the d was becaue of there poor poor effort. K wilson will be joining them as well as BJW.

GrapevineSooner
9/29/2007, 05:47 PM
I'm amazed by the number of qualified DI assistant coaches and coordinators in this thread.

Newbomb Turk
9/29/2007, 05:55 PM
I'm amazed by the number of qualified DI assistant coaches and coordinators in this thread.

good point - we should have no problem filling the vacancies after we run these clowns out of Norman.

BudSooner
9/29/2007, 10:19 PM
There are a helluva lot of teams out there that wish they could have played a close game like OU did today, it's a loss yes but i'm not hanging my head in shame..yes there was the ****ing stupid replay that without a doubt cost us the game but in truth we should never let the replay officals have the outcome in their hands.
We execute on offense and defense like we should and the game takes care of itself.
FACE IT WE ARE NOT THE ONLY TEAM THAT LOST TODAY, be thankful that we didn't lost by 20 like saxet did. :D