PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Colorado

Rogue
9/29/2007, 04:12 PM
Your team didn't quit and took advantage of many opportunities today. Your crowd sounded loud, and your coach said all the right things in postgame. I don't think you saw our best today, and that may be because you didn't allow it.

Enjoy it and I hope we see you in the CCG!

goingoneight
9/29/2007, 04:21 PM
... they certainly have mine.

"Oppurtunities" is the key word. An embarassment of the riches at that. We choked. This was not the officiting's fault, not the fans or coaches fault. OUr guys did NOT take advantage of OPPURTUNITIES.

Reggie, it's okay. Don't let that fumble define you. Get out there and play your A-game... we true Sooner faithful will continue to suppport you for doing so.

Juaqin, you'll be alright. You unfortunately cannot play every single game like a superstar, but we appreciate your effort. True Sooner faithful appreciate you guys regardless of what is said beyond this point.

That said, where was Malcom Kelly? Injured? Not one single pass even attempted his direction? JG and JJF had a combined one single dropped pass. Where were they? Where was this mammoth OL?

My $.02: there is still a lot of football to be played, and if anyone wants to hang their hats just because we aren't going to New Orleans (highly unlikely, now), go ahead and call it a season. We don't want you. We want the fans, players, alumni and coaching staff that pulled this team back from disaster last year to get a BIG 12 crown.

I still love the Sooners and hold no grudge, I'm sure they're more frustrated than anyone at this point. You win some, you lose some. It is now clear that Colorado is officially headed in the right direction. I look at this loss like the Texas loss last year, and the Oregon State loss USC suffered... you're on the road... you make mistakes and Cinderella does what they need to do to win.

At this point, a strong finish is demanded I am certain. It would be wonderful to meet Hawkins and Company in San Antonio, but we've got work to do. Beat Texas and roll through the BIG 12, Sooners... I'm still a true fan. And finally, congratulations to CU, Dan Hawkins and his team.

soonercody
9/29/2007, 04:26 PM
Thread merge needed.

olevetonahill
9/29/2007, 04:27 PM
Yup they played a hell of a game !
Grats Buffs

DrZaius
9/29/2007, 04:30 PM
Here Here.....

It sucks to lose but it should have happened today the way we played on offense. Our defense what pretty good up until the second half when they were on the field for the ENTIRE time. Kudos to CU they played well.

On a good note...We now have plenty of film to study for the rest of the season. There are a lot of things they can address.

I am curious why our game plan changed so much for this game.

THEY CAN AND WILL WIN THE BIG 12.......

THEY ARE NOT FINISHED, not by a long shot.

SoonerBOI
9/29/2007, 04:37 PM
Nice thread, Rogue. Congrats to Colorado!!! I still love my Sooners!

olevetonahill
9/29/2007, 04:39 PM
We can still play for and Win that Crystal
Now its Not a gimmie we have to WANT it .

Redshirt
9/29/2007, 04:39 PM
Nice jorb Buffalos, we may see you again this year!

AllAboutThe'O'
9/29/2007, 04:41 PM
We'll be back. We can still run the table, beat Texas next week and still win the Big XII South, the Big XII championship and make it back to another BCS game. I'm already looking forward to getting some payback on the 'Horns next week in the RRS.

birddog
9/29/2007, 04:54 PM
that was a rough one to lose, they always are. we certainly didn't play our best and i knew it was coming. everyone played poorly.

colorado made us pay and they didn't quit at 24-7. not many teams would be able to fight through that.

Boomer.....
9/29/2007, 04:56 PM
That was a great game by the Buffs. I still see us rallying the troupes and winning out.

ELP Sooner
9/29/2007, 05:01 PM
Great win for the Colorado coaches and players, congratulations on a job well done. The crowd was certainly a factor...much credit to their fans for staying loud and not giving up.

aero
9/29/2007, 05:17 PM
Congrats, CU, on a well played and coached game. You deserved the win. See you next year.

goingoneight
9/29/2007, 05:23 PM
thanks for merging this one... my PC is really slow today and I didn't see a congrats thread already. That said, I stand by my congrats. :O

StoopTroup
9/29/2007, 05:27 PM
Every team likes knocking off last years Conference Champion.

We didn't put them away and we made some awful turnovers.

I'm glad we got this one out of the way....

We're gonna smoke Texas.

Rogue....

You have my vote for Post of the Day.

Way to take the high road. SPEK!

ST

rynobuff
9/29/2007, 05:41 PM
Thanks all, go out and beat Texas now. I still think you guys will win the big 12 but hopefully youll have to go through us again

Doged
9/29/2007, 05:57 PM
Adding my congrats to Colorado for a magnificently played and coached game. It sucks to lose, but it happens. The Colorado team worked their butts off to earn that win.

I'll be pulling for the Buffs to win out now so we can have another shot at them in the CCG!

FirstandGoal
9/29/2007, 06:30 PM
Thanks to both of you guys who started this thread. It's easy to win, but the true measure of a fan is how much grace we have during a loss.

goingoneight
9/29/2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks all, go out and beat Texas now. I still think you guys will win the big 12 but hopefully youll have to go through us again

That would definitely be fun to play again, but we got some work to do. Both teams do, actually. But it is nice to see that someone in the BIG 12 North is headed in the right direction. I miss the days when the BIG 12 was teh dominant one. Good luck, CU.

sanantoniosooner
9/29/2007, 06:41 PM
I'll take a mulligan on this game.

BuffVisitor
9/29/2007, 07:07 PM
Thanks, you guys. Wasn't what was expected. I still think you guys will go on to a great season. We're sort of the duct-tape bunch, but we've got some skillz. :) I think you'll be better for facing our rag-tag team. Best of luck.

Lone Starr Buckeye
9/29/2007, 07:11 PM
Well, OU needs to regroup and get after the Whorns next week. Take it to em will ya. G luck. Beat them pansies will ya?

OklahomaRed
9/29/2007, 07:12 PM
Colorado deserved the win. They kept our D on the field almost the entire second half. Part of that was our O's inability to move the ball, and repeated turnovers. The CU crowd stayed loud. I was hoping that we would have scored one more touchdown early in the 2nd half and quieted them down. You have to give them credit, they stayed with their game plan. Sam definitely let his freshman status show with some overthrown passes, and not really reading the D. He was locked into Iglesias all night, and Iggy defnitely did not have his best game. It would be nice to get a big call on IR late in ANY game; however, that did not cost us the loss. I thought CU"s #6 was in Reggie Smith's space. I wish they would have just let the punt land and go where it may. Taking a lot of chances. The coach's play calling on both sides of the ball was very conservative. Needed more pressure on their QB, and need to look to the TE's a little more. All in all, a poorly played game on our part, and a well played emotional game on CU's part. They deserved the win.

Rogue
9/29/2007, 11:04 PM
Thanks, you guys. Wasn't what was expected. I still think you guys will go on to a great season. We're sort of the duct-tape bunch, but we've got some skillz. :) I think you'll be better for facing our rag-tag team. Best of luck.

Well, at least you could be gracious and humble instead of coming over being all nasty, gloating, and arrogant and stuff! ;)

Good luck the rest of the way...until we meet again.

Soonerus
9/29/2007, 11:16 PM
gratuitous congrats...you lucky bastards...

thatmediadude
9/30/2007, 03:10 AM
When the OU defense has to withstand the entire 4th quarter basically in the thin air of Colorado, you gotta start looking at fatigue...CU did a helluva job keeping their defense rested while OU's was out there the whole time. Kudos to Colorado...and Hawkins has that team headed into the right direction...Possibly a trip to KC in December...matter of fact, I'd bet on it.

Rogue
9/30/2007, 09:14 AM
Bump.