9/29/2007, 12:48 PM
Why?

Newbomb Turk
9/29/2007, 01:00 PM
I had Cox problems last week during the Tulsa game. :O

Missed more than half of the game.

Petro-Sooner
9/29/2007, 01:18 PM
Its the same problem you prolly had Turk. Screen freezes up with digital boxed showing up. I've just missed the 1st quarter cause I was on the phone with the Cox women trying to fix it. Games back on now. Hopefully it will stop or the guy coming by can fix it. Strange thing is its only this channel.

Boomer.....
9/29/2007, 01:34 PM
Are you all watching FSN or the CoxHD channel which has the game on in HD?

Petro-Sooner
9/29/2007, 01:41 PM
Just the plain ol fox southwest via Cox. I dont have any of that HD stuff.

Mjcpr
9/29/2007, 06:54 PM
Occasionally if I have a problem with the cable/dvr/hddvr box, the old unplug, plug back in thing tends to work wonders.

Boomer.....
9/29/2007, 06:59 PM
If it gets really bad, I just flip channels and go back and that seems to work.

Petro-Sooner
9/29/2007, 07:09 PM
It seemed to go away in the second half. Got to watch the loss just fine. :mad: Unplugged the cable box and let it reboot but it was still there. She was saying they were recieving other calls complaining about the same issue. Things looked fine on there end. We'll see.

Newbomb Turk
9/29/2007, 07:21 PM
rub some dirt on it.

TopDaugIn2000
9/29/2007, 07:28 PM
I switched to Dish, and I haven't been sorry AT ALL.

oh, and I heard today that Cox "negotiated" a deal to start getting ABC in HD again...it only took a YEAR

SoonerBOI
9/29/2007, 07:49 PM
Comcast is like Cox. I switched to Direct. No problems and the customer service is great.

SoonerBorn68
9/29/2007, 08:05 PM
I just upgraded my DirecTV equipment to HD. Un-B-leivable.

Cable is the succ.

Petro-Sooner
9/29/2007, 08:12 PM
We'll see how this plays out. I've calmed down now. Was just ****ed at the time. I know others complain about cox but this was my first issue with them. IF...I was to change do those other provide the net, cable, AND phone together?

bluedogok
9/29/2007, 08:30 PM
The only one that you can get that through is AT&T, they do DSL for internet, Dish for TV and their phone service bundled. I don't think there is any AT&T U-Verse or Verizon FIOS in most places. I switched from Multimedia Cablevision (now Cox) in The Village to DirecTV in 1998 and haven't regretted it at all. I have cable internet through Earthlink/Time Warner and AT&T phone, you could always go to a VOIP if you went with just a cable modem. Everything on one bill doesn't matter to me and NFL Sunday Ticket is only on DirecTV and on HD it's even better. My sister switched from Cox in OKC to Dish and likes it much better.

critical_phil
9/29/2007, 09:05 PM
is about to lose a customer. Who should I change to? :mad: :mad: :mad:

you should switch to vagina.

it's AWESOME.

(i've suggested this to 1TC many times)

TopDaugIn2000
9/29/2007, 09:36 PM
I kept my internetS with cox and dropped my land line altogether. I'm not sorry.

85Sooner
9/30/2007, 02:04 PM
directv just added a bunch of hd channels

jeremy885
9/30/2007, 02:53 PM
I switched to Dish, and I haven't been sorry AT ALL.

oh, and I heard today that Cox "negotiated" a deal to start getting ABC in HD again...it only took a YEAR

Better hope that it doesn't rain during a game. Every time the weather gets bad, I lose signal with dish.

Petro-Sooner
9/30/2007, 03:05 PM
Now the channel just south FSW is screwy. Cox guy should be over shortly. One of my concerns with switching to a dish is the lose of signal in bad weather. Like I've said I havnt had any problems til now. Surely they can fix it. After all this IS the all mighty cox communication. :rolleyes: :D

bluedogok
9/30/2007, 03:07 PM
If you get rain fade you need to have the dish realigned and use Loctite on the threads. Once I realigned mine I have had no problems at all. There should be no reason to get rain fade unless the dish has been knocked off alignment by something.

It never went out once during that storm that came through here during the UT-KSU game.

Petro-Sooner
9/30/2007, 04:29 PM
cox dood replaces the cable from the wall to the cable box. All seems well. He says some cables, which this one is older, cant handle the digital signal as well. I guess I believe him. The problem is solved. Anywho, I'm happy.

critical_phil
9/30/2007, 09:21 PM
you should switch to vagina.

it's AWESOME.

BWWAHAHAHahaHAHAHhahAhA. that's rich, c_p.

get it? P-S said he was tired of Cox, so c_p suggested he try vagina.

oooh man, my liver is hurting.

p.s. you people suck.

bluedogok
9/30/2007, 11:16 PM
cox dood replaces the cable from the wall to the cable box. All seems well. He says some cables, which this one is older, cant handle the digital signal as well. I guess I believe him. The problem is solved. Anywho, I'm happy.
Hopefully that fixes the problem, cables do go bad espcially the exterior cables and the older ones do have trouble with the newer signals.

soonerboomer93
10/1/2007, 12:06 AM
BWWAHAHAHahaHAHAHhahAhA. that's rich, c_p.

get it? P-S said he was tired of Cox, so c_p suggested he try vagina.

oooh man, my liver is hurting.

p.s. you people suck.

Whatever critical_rus

i speked ya as soon as a saw it

critical_phil
10/1/2007, 12:10 AM
Whatever critical_rus

name calling like this could result in the biggest e-penis measuring contest in sf.com history.

totally uncalled for.

soonerboomer93
10/1/2007, 01:21 AM
name calling like this could result in the biggest e-penis measuring contest in sf.com history.

totally uncalled for.

perhaps, but I think I win by default over a nurse :D

crawfish
10/1/2007, 07:25 AM
Go with the fiberoptic option.

Unless you're a f'ing hillbilly who doesn't have access. :D