PDA

View Full Version : Maybe It's All About The Ducks...

OklaPony
9/29/2007, 09:43 AM
Today, as I was watching the morning sports shows, eating breakfast, getting ready for work, etc., it dawned on me. I just realized that of all the teams I previously thought that I'd like to see OU play for all the marbles in Nawlins, it's those damn Ducks. That's right, I said it... Oregon.

Now of course I realize that this is all fantasy and pure speculation at this point but hey, that's part of the magic of college football in September, right? My first instincts told me that I would like to see an OU / LSU rematch in the Big Easy but was quickly brought to my senses when thinking back to the outright disgusting behavior of so many of the Bayou Bengal faithful that evening... before, during, and after the game. Then, predictably, the idea of avenging TGOWWDNS entered my mind but, even though I've got a little futures bet on both the SuC and OU winning the Crystal Football thus providing me with a monetary win-win, that idea now has passed.

I now realize that of all the losses we've suffered over the last few years, though they have been few, the one that really sticks in my craw is that disaster of a game at Autzen that was literally stolen from us by a bunch of crooked zebras. Sure, TGOWWDNS was ugly and demoralizing but at least it was fair. The LSU loss was painful but it was a close, hard-fought game that had my butt leaving teeth marks in the Superdome seating. The Fiesta Bowl was an absolute instant classic and while I hated to see OU come up on the short end of score, I was also glad that I had taken the time to go see what turned out to be one of the most exciting college football games I've ever witnessed.

With all that in mind, I can think of nothing more satisfying than blasting those green and yellow quackers out of the stadium to the tune of about 56 - 7 in front of every college football fan on the planet.

Boomer Sooner!

fadada1
9/29/2007, 09:45 AM
yep.

Blues1
9/29/2007, 09:49 AM
See my 2nd post in my the thread - "How to Beat Usc" - Thats the revenge game I would Like to see.....Sooners and Ducks may be destiny.....:)
Keep R'

Flagstaffsooner
9/29/2007, 09:53 AM
Gordon Reis and Ashley Simpson can sing a duet at halftime.

olevetonahill
9/29/2007, 09:54 AM
ducks, rubbers , or Big mouth gators I dont care I WANT EM .

OklaPony
9/29/2007, 10:08 AM
Gordon Reis and Ashley Simpson can sing a duet at halftime.
Now that's just not right.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/29/2007, 10:15 AM
I don't even think of the ducks game as a loss. I'm with Blues1. No win would satisfy me more than one over the suc.

sanantoniosooner
9/29/2007, 10:15 AM
ducks, rubbers , or Big mouth gators I dont care I WANT EM .
keep your sexual fantasies on the Oval vet ;)

badger
9/29/2007, 10:20 AM
duck the f****...

aw crap, that doesn't work with oregon like it does with tuck fexas :(

sanantoniosooner
9/29/2007, 10:21 AM
duck the f****...

aw crap, that doesn't work with oregon like it does with tuck fexas :(
fortunately "Suck the Fooners" is made of fail also :D

ruf/nekdad
9/29/2007, 10:30 AM
Can I quack like a duck when oregon plays suc? You bet your *** I can.
QUACK QUACK!
http://hyperreal.org/~rkumar/rtx/uploads/duck.jpg

SouthFortySooner
9/29/2007, 10:50 AM
....obligatory, "get your head in the game, we've got the buffs to play today"... blah blah quack :)