PDA

View Full Version : Trollin'

47straight
9/29/2007, 03:50 AM
I've seen many of us report back from rivals' message boards, sometimes with some interesting stuff, but sometimes just to argue and talk smack. I just can't bring myself to do it (though I do check hornfans.com after a horn loss just to laugh at the server being down).

Why do it? You know that there's going to be dumbass posters saying dumbass things about us. Heck, the catharsis of saying stuff like that about the horns or the cocanes is part of the reason of showing up here.

It's just hard for me to get riled up for something dumb a ___ fan says on a ___ board. Maybe I see and hear enough opposing fan stupidity living here in Austin to never seek it out again.

Anyways, I just wanted to understand this phenomena better. And on a possibly completely hypocritical note, I'm irrestibly compelled to counter-flame on a "neutral site" like youtube.

olevetonahill
9/29/2007, 05:53 AM
Ive nevar trolled another Board , I have registered and tried to talk to em some . But when they Run the Mouth instead of the Brain I just say Ok see ya !
Now I do Like Flags" Silly Silly Whorns " posts
:D

jrsooner
9/29/2007, 06:50 AM
For me, I usually just read the upcoming team's boards just to see what they are saying and sometime it's great for a laugh. I usually never register or say anything on them.

boomersooner28
9/29/2007, 07:52 AM
Seriously, nothing ****es me off more than someone starting a thread on Soonerfans.com about what some other cackholes are saying on a rival board and then providing a link to the steaming pile of dung. I don't get it. :mad:

Cam
9/29/2007, 09:03 AM
I don't get it either. It's a waste of time IMO.

badger
9/29/2007, 09:12 AM
Eh, trolls are a fact of message board life. If they troll, just give em hell.

And now, to give you hell for starting a thread on trolling to complain about trolling... :mad:

Eh, can't be mad. It's gameday, dang it! :D

olevetonahill
9/29/2007, 09:15 AM
Seriously, nothing ****es me off more than someone starting a thread on Soonerfans.com about what some other cackholes are saying on a rival board and then providing a link to the steaming pile of dung. I don't get it. :mad:
Cept Flags "Silly silly whorns thread " those I like !

auto
9/29/2007, 09:15 AM
I do report back, but never troll. I just find some of the gems are too good not too report. All fans have their bias (Sooner's included) but the day glow orange crowd is just too much sometime. Like someone else mentioned, I love meltdown mode.