PDA

View Full Version : Woman survives 8 days in car wreck

Stoop Dawg
9/28/2007, 04:02 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070928/ap_on_re_us/woman_found

On the one hand, why did it take 8 days to start looking?

On the other hand, can the police really be expected to perform a massive manhunt for every missing person called in?

Discuss.

HskrGrl
9/28/2007, 04:35 PM
This is right near where I live. Her disappearance has been in the news for the past 3 or 4 days. I think it's ridiculous that they took that long to start looking for her. In some ways I can understand a tiny bit, though. Out here there is at least 1 person in the news everyday that has gone missing. 90% of those are hikers who went out alone or wandered away from their group and got lost on one of the mountains. They start looking for them with all available resources as well as many civilians the minute they are reported missing. I guess they are just a little hesitant when it comes to someone they aren't 100% sure is lost, harmed, or kidnapped.

Praise God for the the miracle that she was found alive, though! I always hate driving in the mountains. The drops off the side of the road are very scary. My worst nightmare is that we somehow end up down in one of those ravines.

MamaMia
9/28/2007, 05:02 PM
Rather than waste precious time fighting the red tape involved with getting help, my husband would have been searching the mountain roads I took on my way home from work himself and had some other family member deal with the red tape.

Newbomb Turk
9/28/2007, 05:03 PM
Rather than waste precious time fighting the red tape involved with getting help, my husband would have been searching the mountain roads I took on my way home from work himself and had some other family member deal with the red tape.

you have mountain roads in Woodward?

MamaMia
9/28/2007, 05:22 PM
you have mountain roads in Woodward? I live about a half a mile down the road from my work. I walk to work a couple of days a week. So actually, if I turned up missing between my home and work here in Woodward, it would either be considered a kidnapping or a medical condition. :D