PDA

View Full Version : I hate 'Conquest' USC fight song

Dan Thompson
9/28/2007, 02:09 PM
I listen to the radio quite a bit and there is this up scale video and audio company in LA who has a lot of ads on this station.

Well I have the radio, but I am not really listening to it and I hear a football fight 'song' on in the background. So I stop to listen and it the Florida State chant. The song where they wave there hands as if it was a tomahawk.:D You have to live out here to appreciate something like this.l

Dan Thompson
9/28/2007, 02:09 PM
I listen to the radio quite a bit and there is this up scale video and audio company in LA who has a lot of ads on this station.

Well I have the radio, but I am not really listening to it and I hear a football fight 'song' on in the background. So I stop to listen and it the Florida State chant. The song where they wave there hands as if it was a tomahawk.:D You have to live out here to appreciate something like this.

soonerloyal
9/28/2007, 02:19 PM
Whenever I hear that FSU chant, I always remember the team's victorious return to Owen Field in Jan. 2001 - and Josh Heupel making the chopping motion while singing it "OHHHHHHK-la-hohhhh-maaaa! OHHHHHHK-la-hohhhh-maaaaa..."

Greatness.

badger
9/28/2007, 03:07 PM
Wait, which one is "conquest?"

Is that "WE! Are the Trojans and we real-ly SUCK! WE! Are the Trojans and we real-ly SUCK!" Or is it "We're gay, we really suck, we like to take, it up the..."

Ok, enough of those words, I didn't write them. Which one is it?

ouwapiti
9/28/2007, 03:24 PM
yeah.... but their sweater clad cheerleaders are always fairly 'hot' !!!

Dan Thompson
9/28/2007, 03:44 PM
I have never heard the words, but damn I sure have heard that song.

My daughter was on crew at Oregon St and we where down in Mission Bay in San Diego and here comes the damn USC band, just a few of them, playing Conquest.

Then I was at the Greek Theater to see Earth, Wind, and Fire along with the Ramsey Luis Trio etc, and at the break out comes the USC band, not all of them, but way too many.

MextheBulldog
9/28/2007, 03:58 PM
yeah.... but their sweater clad cheerleaders are always fairly 'hot' !!!

Man, i agree, but those song girls are OVER-HYPED. Give me the golden girls from Mizzou....

soonersweetie
9/28/2007, 04:44 PM
my hubby would definitely agree you with you on the Golden Girls :)

Jdog
9/28/2007, 05:20 PM
I have never heard the words, but damn I sure have heard that song.

My daughter was on crew at Oregon St and we where down in Mission Bay in San Diego and here comes the damn USC band, just a few of them, playing Conquest.

Then I was at the Greek Theater to see Earth, Wind, and Fire along with the Ramsey Luis Trio etc, and at the break out comes the USC band, not all of them, but way too many.

suc has the only university band that I’ve heard who will play their fight song while play is actually occurring on the field. The only thing that I’ve experienced that worse is the “12th man”. To a player it’s like having a really bad song stuck in your head or a drill used on your teeth. Offenses get confused by the rhythm being played over and over and over. I hate it with a passion.

cvsooner
9/28/2007, 05:50 PM
I can't say I hate "Conquest," written by film composer Alfred Newman for the 1947 film, "Captain from Castille." Newman did donate the rights to the music to USC, and they do play it, but not nearly as much as the one you're probably thinking of, which is "Fight On." That's the one they play over and over and over...

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2007, 02:01 AM
...and over...

...and over...

...and over...

...and over...

...and over...

...and over...

...and over...

...and over...

...and over...

...and over...

...and over...

...and over...

...and over...

...and over...

...and over...

...and over...

You get the point...this post could go 87 screens tall and still not get at the truth.