PDA

View Full Version : I've Got A Freakin' Water Leak!!!!!!

SoonerGirl06
9/28/2007, 01:25 PM
And it doesn't look good. All over the laundry room and in the master closet. The floor and carpet are ruined and the walls and floorboards are soaked.

This is not how I planned to spend my weekend.

GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

sooner_born_1960
9/28/2007, 01:26 PM
Were you doing laundry? The drain hose might have come out, or the line blocked.

Widescreen
9/28/2007, 01:34 PM
Call insurance and a restoration company right away. They can minimize the damage.

Mjcpr
9/28/2007, 01:35 PM
Are you that chick that fondled 1TC's rollies?

Because if so, that's probably not a water leak.

SoonerGirl06
9/28/2007, 01:50 PM
The water restoration guys are here right now. They're only wanting to use one humidifier. I'm not digging that idea. It's pretty wet and there's already mold on the walls. He's sprayed bleach on the walls to kill the mildew. :confused: :confused:

Apparently the numbnut in the unit next to me didn't turn off the water to the washer when he moved out.

I'm totally not digging what I'm experiencing right now. :(

Oldnslo
9/28/2007, 01:50 PM
http://www.depend.com/images/dep_uwear_336x127.gif

SoonerGirl06
9/28/2007, 01:52 PM

Heh... I'd be totally digging that idea right now if it were true.

I'd much rather have to sanitize my hands after fondling his rollies than having to move all of my shoes and formals out of my closet... not to mention having my floor all torn up.

SoonerGirl06
9/28/2007, 01:53 PM
http://www.depend.com/images/dep_uwear_336x127.gif

ph's the one that's 50 NOT ME!!!!!!!

Newbomb Turk
9/28/2007, 01:53 PM

Apparently the numbnut in the unit next to me...

sounds like it was 1TC.

SoonerGirl06
9/28/2007, 01:56 PM
If only it were 1tc. I'd have that problem solved right away. :D

OCUDad
9/28/2007, 01:58 PM
Call OUDoc. He knows what to do when your water breaks.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/28/2007, 02:52 PM
You're screwed.

If the mold is already visibly growing and all they did was half-*** it by spraying bleach, you're boned.

Keep an eye on your stuff and be aware of flu-like symptoms.

Scott D
9/28/2007, 03:22 PM
The water restoration guys are here right now. They're only wanting to use one humidifier. I'm not digging that idea. It's pretty wet and there's already mold on the walls. He's sprayed bleach on the walls to kill the mildew. :confused: :confused:

Apparently the numbnut in the unit next to me didn't turn off the water to the washer when he moved out.

I'm totally not digging what I'm experiencing right now. :(

you shouldn't dig them using a humidifier, since it's only going to put more moisture into the air. What kind of unit are we talking about here, standard apartment type? townhouse condo style? first floor? 3rd floor?

Oldnslo
9/28/2007, 03:41 PM
I figured she left out the "de"

Scott D
9/28/2007, 05:57 PM
oldnslo let me pick on silly little things like that. it's kinda like me making wisecracks about badger saying dillusional on the football board about Vick instead of delusional :)

sooner_born_1960
9/28/2007, 06:39 PM
If your neighbor caused the damage, shouldn't you be able to file a claim on his insurance? If it was still in effect while he was moving out.

SoonerGirl06
9/28/2007, 06:59 PM
oldnslo let me pick on silly little things like that. it's kinda like me making wisecracks about badger saying dillusional on the football board about Vick instead of delusional :)

I noticed that earlier. And if it weren't for the fact that I was CLEANING OUT MY CLOSET I would have retorted.

Now I know why I shouldn't have so many shoes....

SoonerGirl06
9/28/2007, 07:02 PM
If your neighbor caused the damage, shouldn't you be able to file a claim on his insurance? If it was still in effect while he was moving out.

Rest assured, there are no funds coming out of my pocket for this dibacle.

He did this to me once before when he stuffed his damn freezer too full and the water line to the ice machine burst. I got home and water was up around my ankles.

Calling the guy a numbnut is nothing compared to what he really is.

OCUDad
9/28/2007, 07:40 PM
How do you know his nut is numb?

VeeJay
9/28/2007, 07:43 PM
I wouldn't be diggin that scene either, SG06

soonerboomer93
9/28/2007, 08:09 PM
I can home monday and water was spraying out of the cold water line to my washer (at the adapter connections from the wall). Luckily it's a wet room so theres a floor drain in the tile floor. I shut it off, it was a holiday so I couldn't have the company come replace the connectors. Wednesday I checked it, still spraying everywhere. The people responsible for my housing come over Thursday night while i'm driving home. They check it, only a slow leak. Iget home and only a slow leak, last night no longer leaking. I guess maybe someone else had a problem along the water lines that caused too much back pressure to that particular line. It probably can be reconnected with just some new teflon on the threads to keep it tight.

I was very very greatful that it's a wet room a few inches lower then the kitchen.

Scott D
9/28/2007, 10:15 PM
I noticed that earlier. And if it weren't for the fact that I was CLEANING OUT MY CLOSET I would have retorted.

Now I know why I shouldn't have so many shoes....

well you could have, you know. answered the serious questions in that post. :)

SoonerGirl06
9/28/2007, 11:19 PM
There were serious questions in that post?

I guess the whole 1tc thing really did affect me cuz I totally missed them.