PDA

View Full Version : Bomar: NY Times article and ABC News article.

aurorasooner
9/28/2007, 12:02 AM
Sounds like this kid is trying, but the one thing he needs to do is get his story (ies) straight when he talks to the press. Probably best if our guys talk/e-mail/text message him, they just don't say anything to the press about it. That appears to be the way he wants it.
NY Times article:
Oklahoma wide receiver Malcolm Kelly said he and Bomar send each other frequent text messages.

“We’re all human,” Kelly said. “You forgive and forget.” http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/28/sports/ncaafootball/28college.html?pagewanted=2&ref=sportsABC News Article
Bomar says he hasn't kept in touch with his former teammates in Norman, nor paid much attention to the Sooners' impressive 4-0 start this season. He's a different person now, he says, one who would never look back at his time there if he could help it. http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=sports&id=5679419

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2007, 12:10 AM
Idiot...

Soonerus
9/28/2007, 12:12 AM
I watched Bomar and Quinn drinking beer at the Hornets games and thought..so what...

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2007, 12:18 AM
Yeah...pretty much don't exist.

KingDavid
9/28/2007, 12:48 AM
Best of luck to Rhett. I'd love to see him embarass OSU.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/28/2007, 12:51 AM
But truthfully, is there ANYONE we wouldn't like to see embarrass OSU?

Nothing comes instantly to mind. Then again, I'm tired.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2007, 12:52 AM
...Not that OSU needs the help. Their existence is embarrassment enough.

goingoneight
9/28/2007, 12:59 AM
I'd be embarassed, too if I had to wear orange.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2007, 01:06 AM
Yeah, orange is bad enough, but put a drunk looking cowboy and 3 letters that are code for moron on it and it gets even worse.

goingoneight
9/28/2007, 01:08 AM
who is the sheepish twat who negged me for that comment? At least have the sack to voice an opinion rather than click a button in secret and run and hide.

if you have anything at all worth saying for doing so, i won't neg you. but if you're just a ****y little Cowboy, then best to stay put and hide where you are because we'll run your red up.

b i t c h.

Methinks positive spek needs to be red, and neg should be orange. It only makes sense.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2007, 01:13 AM
That isn't a bad idea, except that the pokies around here would be even mouthier trying to pick up more orange.

goingoneight
9/28/2007, 01:17 AM
That's their problem if they think orange is cool. Me? I'm into colors that didn't happen by accident.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2007, 01:21 AM
Hey you got your yellow in my red...

Hey you got your red in my yellow...

2 great tastes that make you puke together!

aurorasooner
9/28/2007, 01:28 AM
BTW, I don't know if the aggies have any free 'net radio links, but it looks like SHS has one. http://www.tsrnsports.com/Broadcast/Broad-U-Sam-Houston.htm

snp
9/28/2007, 02:02 AM
“He was very humble,” Craig said in a telephone interview. “He didn’t come down here strutting around like he was the king daddy cat of football.”

Pretty much the opposite impression I had every time I ran into him at a bar.

oh well, time to move on. It's Bradford's team now.

crawfish
9/28/2007, 07:36 AM

He could light 'em up for 10 touchdowns and embarrass them less than their head coach did.

william_brasky
9/28/2007, 07:51 AM
Bomar and Gundy meeting up in Stillwater = D0uchebag Bowl.

I'm not a mother of children.

Soonrboy
9/28/2007, 07:58 AM
Could a meteor of epic proportions hit Boone Stadium and render the whole existence as nothing but a really bad dream, the kind you have after eating expired guacamole dip

HateTheWhorns
9/28/2007, 03:03 PM
“Him compared to say like Chris Simms or somebody like that, there is no comparison,” Bohl said in a telephone interview. “He’s a really talented player.”

HEH!

badger
9/28/2007, 03:13 PM
Methinks positive spek needs to be red, and neg should be orange. It only makes sense.
For those of you who wonder if they were negged by a certain badger or not, might I suggest subscribing? You will see exactly who dishes out the green and who dishes out the orrrrrrranggggggggge.

(and it wasn't me... yet)

As for me and my feelings on the idiot, I think OU got a raw deal. This idiot and his idiot teammate got a FREE PASS while OU is on more probation, less scholarships and more shame which the university didn't commit. Meanwhile, they sat out the year they would have if they transferred to a div. 1 school anyways and are scot free, just having to pay back what they didn't earn, ho hum.

However, I am not bitter. We are winning, we won the Big 12 last year despite that crap and the only ones thing that ticks me off is Sooner fans that fail to see how well we came out of the mess, despite all that was against OU. LSU and Va Tech might hold claim to the prevail defense and presevere offense, but dang it, WE INVENTED BOTH!

Jdog
9/28/2007, 05:51 PM
Interesting articles - the ABC story doesn't appear to be factual or from an interview with Bomar. Its full of too much BS.
Really think about it, when would Bomar have ever had a chance to play in a stadium in Austin?
The writer was a DUMB A$$

sooner94
9/28/2007, 07:18 PM
I don't like his reference to "a lot that people don't know." Sounds like he is implying that other players took $$$ and did not get in trouble. Doesn't sound like a guy that is admitting he made a mistake.

aurorasooner
9/28/2007, 09:51 PM
Geeez, The SHS coach = Slasher. looks like he's already throwing in the towel to the ride 'em rags.
Sam Houston State May Rest Starters Against OSU
AP - 9/28/2007 11:26 AM - Updated 9/28/2007 11:27 AM

STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) _ A newspaper in Texas is reporting Sam Houston State coach Todd Whitten is indicating he may rest some of his starters during Saturday's game at Oklahoma State.

Whitten says he always wants to win but staying healthy is also a prime concern for the Bearkatz as they get ready to start their conference season.

Sam Houston State is quarterbacked by former Oklahoma quarterback Rhett Bomar and will play the Cowboys starting at 6 p.m. Saturday in Stillwater. http://www.kotv.com/sports/local/story/?id=136897

Texas Golfer
9/29/2007, 12:26 AM

Rhett cost OU and Stoops eight victories. I wish him no success.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/29/2007, 12:33 AM
Rhett cost OU and Stoops eight victories. I wish him no success.Yes he did, but aggy needs to be constantly embarrassed.

goingoneight
9/29/2007, 12:36 AM
Poor SHSU... they needed this creampuff on their OOC schedule this year.

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2007, 02:07 AM
Any chance they'll manage to embarass each other?

olevetonahill
9/29/2007, 02:18 AM
Games aint Gone till we lose the appeal , Or have we lost it already ?
Sides We , OU are bigger than that . :P

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2007, 02:42 AM
We're big enough to win it all this year, and that's way better than a few games 2 years ago.

Besides...how many championships is the idiot gonna win? and does anyone think he's gonna hae a chance to be an NFL QB? They'd have to worry he'd miss games and wanna be paid anyway!

olevetonahill
9/29/2007, 02:46 AM
We're big enough to win it all this year, and that's way better than a few games 2 years ago.

Besides...how many championships is the idiot gonna win? and does anyone think he's gonna hae a chance to be an NFL QB? They'd have to worry he'd miss games and wanna be paid anyway!
Dont know about a chance , But I do know the boy has the talent .
Long as he dosent Diss OU any further than he has I will wish him luck .
:cool:

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2007, 02:57 AM
Not me. He screwed us. But I'm not gonna waste a load of time hoping one way or another for his luck.

I wonder if he cheats his time card at Sam Houston Saddle Company...

olevetonahill
9/29/2007, 03:12 AM
Not me. He screwed us. But I'm not gonna waste a load of time hoping one way or another for his luck.

I wonder if he cheats his time card at Sam Houston Saddle Company...
Dude , He was a freshman starter at a big time school , The Big city lights went to his head and he thot his **** didnt stink .
I think he screwed HIMSELF more but thats just me .
Our Program Is a Lot bigger than 1 YEAR and 1 Player . OU will continue to roll .
You know Hes crying himself to sleep every night over " what might have been "

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2007, 03:15 AM
What can I say...You are right!

But screw him anyway! LMAO

general principle.

olevetonahill
9/29/2007, 03:17 AM
What can I say...You are right!

But screw him anyway! LMAO

general principle.
I like ur thinkin
But I sure Hope he pours it On the pokies .:D

r5TPsooner
9/29/2007, 10:31 AM
Dude , He was a freshman starter at a big time school , The Big city lights went to his head and he thot his **** didnt stink .
I think he screwed HIMSELF more but thats just me .
Our Program Is a Lot bigger than 1 YEAR and 1 Player . OU will continue to roll .
You know Hes crying himself to sleep every night over " what might have been "

You may or may not be correct in your assessment of Bomar. Personally, he didn't strike me as that intelligent, and it probably won't hit him until he's in his mid 30's just how much he F'd himself out of being a superstar at a great program with rich tradition. Not to mention being remembered as a great Sooner and possibly having a statue or being part of one of those years on the press box.

All he'll be now is a footnote in the history of OU football.

2k2 c5
9/29/2007, 10:51 AM
And who, exactly, is this "Bomar" of whom you speak?

olevetonahill
9/29/2007, 11:17 AM
You may or may not be correct in your assessment of Bomar. Personally, he didn't strike me as that intelligent, and it probably won't hit him until he's in his mid 30's just how much he F'd himself out of being a superstar at a great program with rich tradition. Not to mention being remembered as a great Sooner and possibly having a statue or being part of one of those years on the press box.

All he'll be now is a footnote in the history of OU football.
For his sake I Hope Im right and your wrong
Only time will tell
The year befor he came to OU I watched the Texas allstar game
Bomar was a Very Mobile Jason

He has the Talent I hope He has the balls to make it

meoveryouxinfinity
9/29/2007, 11:39 AM
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? [hairGel]

How quickly you guys forget.

Screw Romar. I hope he gets bomar'd and bomar'd and bomar'd again today.

olevetonahill
9/29/2007, 11:44 AM
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? [hairGel]

How quickly you guys forget.

Screw Romar. I hope he gets bomar'd and bomar'd and bomar'd again today.
I havnt forgotten a dayum thing
I think Im a better man to forgive and forget and Move on .:D

meoveryouxinfinity
9/29/2007, 11:50 AM
I havnt forgotten a dayum thing
I think Im a better man to forgive and forget and Move on .:D
You can be the bigger man. I'm a woman :D

KingDavid
10/23/2007, 05:10 PM

You make a good point. It's a valid response. I'm not sure I like where it would take me at the end of the day, however. But, to each his own.

r5TPsooner
10/23/2007, 05:15 PM
No offense to the original poster, but who really gives a sh*t?! The guy is a worthless sack of crap and now he's playing at Cupcake State instead of OU. He went on with his life and so should OU fans.

KingDavid
10/23/2007, 05:35 PM
For his sake I Hope Im right and your wrong
Only time will tell
The year befor he came to OU I watched the Texas allstar game
Bomar was a Very Mobile Jason

He has the Talent I hope He has the balls to make it

A footnote to this comment: guess who Mel Kiper had listed in his top five Junior Quarterbacks in the nation? I haven't checked in a couple of weeks, but he was #4 the last I looked . . .

I think he has the balls to pull it off. I think that Rhett is one of those hard-headed son-of-a-guns that unfortunately needed a major, major kick in the pants in order to get over his self-centeredness. I wish I could say that I weren't like him, in that respect.

I really do hope he pulls through. The real test of his character will come when he's in the interview with some NFL beatwriter who asks him, "What do you have to say to Oklahoma now that you've made it to the NFL?"

Now THAT will be an interesting read!

2k2 c5
10/23/2007, 09:12 PM
And who, exactly, is this "Bomar" of whom you speak?