PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything three weeks from now...

Soonerus
9/27/2007, 10:18 PM
...that I will be saying , yeah, I realized that about OU and everybody else should have too... I think we are going to be National Champions, but I generally think that every year, sans , some of the Blake years...

CtheB
9/27/2007, 10:23 PM
Our offensive line, as highly praised as they have been, is still underrated......

Sooner_Havok
9/27/2007, 10:24 PM
Hartley has missed two PATs, and made me a sad Hartley fan :(

Soonerus
9/27/2007, 10:25 PM
Hartley has missed two PATs, and made me a sad Hartley fan :(

I think he has missed three...

StuIsTheMan
9/27/2007, 10:26 PM
nope...nothing will say that...:pop:

Soonerus
9/27/2007, 10:33 PM
nope...nothing will say that...:pop:

So are you saying two ??? I admit I could be wrong...

CatfishSooner
9/27/2007, 10:35 PM
I'm already sayin it too...

Sooner_Havok
9/27/2007, 11:10 PM
:( :( :(

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Soonerus
9/27/2007, 11:13 PM
I just don't want anybody three weeks from now saying,"well it was obvious from the beginning we were weak here or there"...

CatfishSooner
9/27/2007, 11:18 PM
I told everyone since the Spring that Bradford was going to be awesome and complete about 80% of his passes...

Soonerus
9/27/2007, 11:20 PM
I fail to see OU's weaknesses but I am far from objective...

Crucifax Autumn
9/27/2007, 11:28 PM
Hell man, we're Sooners, we're not supposed to be objective, we're supposed to be right!

CatfishSooner
9/27/2007, 11:30 PM
we have no weaknesses!

Soonerus
9/27/2007, 11:30 PM
I know but I am just laying it out there for the negative element...

CatfishSooner
9/27/2007, 11:37 PM
ok good

Sooner1979
9/27/2007, 11:54 PM
Dont Give Hartley too much crap...After all, he has had to kick more extra points than any other kicker in the nation...

Soonerus
9/27/2007, 11:59 PM
I would not trade Hartley for anybody in the nation...

CatfishSooner
9/28/2007, 12:00 AM
It f'n mceechens fault!!!!!!!!!!

birddog
9/28/2007, 12:22 AM
i think bradford is due for a bad game. not sure when it will happen but it happens to every qb in the country. and seeing how young he is, it may be worse than we'd like to see.

hope i'm very wrong.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2007, 12:24 AM
Don't worry...you are.

And if your not that's why we have 87 running backs capable of busting a long one every time they touch the ball!

Sooner1979
9/28/2007, 12:26 AM
i think bradford is due for a bad game. not sure when it will happen but it happens to every qb in the country. and seeing how young he is, it may be worse than we'd like to see.

hope i'm very wrong.

Bradford may have a bad game, but with all the other talented players on the field, Stoops and Co. can arrange the offense to still win the game...That is really what gets me going about this team...We have so many weapons...

aurorasooner
9/28/2007, 12:43 AM
think bradford is due for a bad game. not sure when it will happen but it happens to every qb in the country. and seeing how young he is, it may be worse than we'd like to see.
It's KW and JH's job to keep the "bad game QB problems" to a minimum. Normally, I would agree with you, but with our quality running backs, good OL and barring injuries, the problems should be kept to a minimun.
The thing that's worried me some in these OOC games is we're throwing a lot more than I thought we would have to at the beginning of the year, except for Miami and their quality run D. This has burst Sam into the national headlines. Hopefully our O-staff learned a lesson last year with AD. When you win the awards will come, when you try and push a player for awards, you generally cough up a/some game (games) along the way. Opponents can't stack the LOS, because we've proven we can stretch the field. A good offensive line blowing people off the LOS may not win Sam and Malcolm any post season awards, but it will keep Sam out of bad situations, and imo us in the win column.

OU Adonis
9/28/2007, 12:45 AM
As long as we are not talking about our loss to Mizzou

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2007, 12:49 AM
we don't talk about losses...we talk about our perfect record.

birddog
9/28/2007, 12:50 AM
i don't think bradford having a bad game will cause a loss, just that he's bound to have one.

we definitely have enough talent to make up for a bad game from him but it will make things alot more difficult than it would be otherwise. a 3 interception game from him against a good opponent will force our defense to step up big time, and from the looks of it, we have the depth and the conditioning to absorb it.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2007, 12:54 AM
Yeah, it would suck if Bradford had a bad game and we only scored 50 and won by 20! LOL

BOOMER MFN SOONER!

Soonerus
9/28/2007, 12:55 AM
I know but always after a loss people on this board start taking about the symbols that existed prior to a loss...so I am asking do you have any now ????

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2007, 12:59 AM
AHHHH...Calling the "told you so"s out. Nice!

Good thing it won't be a real concern to anyone while we're hanging out in january waiting for the BCS championship kickoff while Corso tells us all the reasons we'll lose and Team X will win.

humblesooner
9/28/2007, 08:36 AM
AHHHH...Calling the "told you so"s out. Nice!

Good thing it won't be a real concern to anyone while we're hanging out in january waiting for the BCS championship kickoff while Corso tells us all the reasons we'll lose and Team X will win.

I HATE team X. Those guys are undefeated in all the history of NCAA football. They really scare me.
I hope LSU goes undefeated so we can play them in NO.
;)

RedstickSooner
9/28/2007, 12:35 PM
I'm very, very afraid that we'll be saying:

"Yeah, Bradford seemed great coming out of the gate, but he had a horrible habit of locking in on his primary receiver. He *never* looked off, and once defenses picked up on it, they ate him alive."

I really hope I'm wrong. This has been bothering me all season. Am I hallucinating? Or is it a case of, he only does it when he doesn't have to go through his progression because his primary receiver is open from the get-go?

It's been worrying me a bunch.

StuIsTheMan
9/28/2007, 01:24 PM
I just don't want anybody three weeks from now saying,"well it was obvious from the beginning we were weak here or there"...

Anything or anybody...which is it?:pop:

cheezyq
9/28/2007, 02:16 PM
Yeah, it would suck if Bradford had a bad game and we only scored 30 and won by 20!

Fixed. If we don't let Tulsa score 30, the only other team with a chance at that against us is a Leach-infested Tech.

Soonerus
9/28/2007, 08:35 PM
Anything or anybody...which is it?:pop:

That's stu...

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2007, 03:00 AM
Let's worry when we have a reason to worry...Until then, let's enjoy out great fortunes at QB and hope our TEAM can bail him out if he ever has a rough day.

It kills me to see SOONERS acting anything other than sure.

TMcGee86
9/29/2007, 08:05 AM
On offense, I agree, there is nothing that we should be worried about being exploited, because really our only "weakness" is an inexperienced QB, but even envisioning Sam's worst game I think it would be on par with a game last year where Paul wasn't on fire, and we won those games with less talent at RB, OL, and WR.

The only thing that worries me about this team is getting beat deep. But I thought if anyone was going to exploit it, that team would be Tulsa, and while we did get beat a few times, the coaching staff made adjustments and we came out in the second half and dominated. So now I have no reason to believe it will happen again.

LSU and USC still scare me, but not because of some weakness on our team, it's just that those are two really talented groups.

StormySooner-IN
9/29/2007, 08:33 AM
Hartley has missed two PATs, and made me a sad Hartley fan :(One of them was blocked. I don't know if he kicked it too low or what, I just know one was blocked.

stoopified
9/29/2007, 09:33 AM
Barring catstrophic injury(Bradfor,4 or 5 o-lineman,Lofton or Reynolds),WE WILL at least play for #8

birddog
9/29/2007, 05:14 PM
welp, way to go rusty.

have at it guys.

Rogue
9/29/2007, 05:41 PM
I love 'em and want to believe we're world beaters every year. I've been worried this year because we have not played a quality team and yet somehow we are expected to be world beaters. Well, now that part's over. We also won't be one of 3 undefeated teams and complain about being on the outside looking in because of our "soft" schedule and a down year for the conference.

The thing that galls me is when we get outcoached. That happened today. The defensive scheme was awful. Our talent, ESPECIALLY in the secondary, is as good as I've ever seen. Their scheme is ridiculous, lazy, unimaginative, and exploitable apparently by a freshman QB that is not Sam B.

It's been observed on here a few times each year since Mike S left that we lack that killer instinct. It's hard to complain about the offensive play calling, a popular thing to do after a loss, since they only ran a handful of plays in the 2nd half and executed one as pitifully as the next.

To me, I saw an undisciplined and poorly prepared team today. From Iglesias' antics on the touchback to blown blocking assignments, penalties, wide open Buffalo receivers with a 10 yard "cushion," dropped balls, and wild long snaps.

Plenty of blame to go around and it starts in the coaches' offices.

TMcGee86
9/29/2007, 05:42 PM
This thread is made of fail and jinx.

and I change my answer to not getting up enough for a mediocre team and spotty pass coverage from teh linebackers.

bleh.