PDA

View Full Version : Willie Williams turning a new leaf...

freshchris05
9/27/2007, 09:44 PM
nope..

http://sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10375892

tulsaoilerfan
9/27/2007, 09:45 PM
This guy should have never even been given a chance to play college football; he was arrested 11 times before!! How is he not in prison already?

freshchris05
9/27/2007, 09:52 PM
seriously this guy should be wearing orange, lifting weights, and getting his arse beat by bigger stronger guys...

kinda like texas...

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2007, 12:29 AM
He musta been hanging out with Michael Vick.

Leroy Lizard
9/28/2007, 03:01 AM
Williams was one of the top recruits in the country two years ago, but highly publicized legal problems in high school -- 11 arrests -- nearly cost him a scholarship to Miami.

:confused:

OUDoc
9/28/2007, 07:56 AM
There was a big thread on him here at soonerfans a few years ago. I think it was a blog following his recruiting. I was amazed (okay, not that amazed) that Miami kept their offer for this thug. He turned out like you'd figure.
Go get in line with Maurice Clarett at the probation office. You must have been a good football player at some point, it's a shame no one will ever know it.

snp
9/28/2007, 09:02 AM
I saved this blurb from his recruiting diary:

Second in a series: Carol City linebacker Willie Williams, regarded as the top prospect in the state and the sixth best in the nation, has agreed to chronicle his recruiting journey, which took him to Auburn over the weekend and will end with National Signing Day on Feb. 4:
If his trip to Florida State was a perfect 10, then Willie Williams' weekend at Auburn was a few notches below.
After getting spoiled with his own private jet ride to FSU, Williams was downgraded to sharing a flight with seven other players. And the expensive steak and lobster tails he had been treated to by the Seminoles were replaced by a steady diet of finger foods and ribs.
But he did enjoy a two-night stay at the Auburn University Hotel, where he encountered ''the biggest bed in the world'' and a bathroom with its own waterfall.
Williams said he enjoyed the trip, but not enough to rank with his co-leaders -- Miami and Florida State.
THUMBS UP
Hialeah running back Anthony Campbell and Deerfield Beach quarterback Brent Schaeffer were among the seven other players along for the ride to Auburn.
Williams said he enjoyed the company but was worried because the plane experienced turbulence.
''We could see [the pilot], and he could see us,'' Williams said. 'One time, the plane starting shaking. So I asked [the pilot], `Is everything OK?' He turned around a gave me the thumbs up and didn't say a word. Then when it happened again, he did the same thing -- thumbs up.
'I looked at the other guys and was like, `This guy has to be related to Ebert or something.' ''
After the plane landed safely at around 3 p.m. Friday, Williams and the other recruits were dropped off on campus to meet their hosts.
Before dinner, the recruits waited for the Auburn coaches in the hotel lobby, where a spread of shrimp, cheeses, cold cuts and fruits awaited.
''They told me they heard about my trip to FSU and how I love to eat,'' Williams said. 'They were like, `Willie, why don't you have a few snacks before we go to dinner.' So, I served myself like six little plates of everything.''
Following the ''snack,'' Williams and the recruits headed for a restaurant called Old Charlie's. After experiencing a long wait for his food on his trip to FSU, Williams made sure to sit at the front of the table near the waiter to order first.
''I got ribs, buffalo wings and shrimp,'' Williams said. ``But even though I ordered first, somehow I was still the last one to get my food. It took like two hours.''
During the wait, several of the female hosts, nicknamed the ''Tigerettes'', offered him spinach dip.
''You know how it is, those girls are supposed to be there to cheer you up,'' Williams said. 'But I told them, `I ain't no animal, and I ain't going to eat no plant.' It was disgusting.''
The next day, Williams met with the Auburn staff, speaking mostly with linebackers coach Joe Whitt.
''Coach Whitt told me if I went to Auburn I could probably play right away,'' Williams said.
SHOWER MESS
Williams returned to his hotel Saturday night and took a quick nap before dinner. He woke up late and rushed to take a shower.
''When I walked into the bathroom, it was like Hurricane Andrew in there,'' Williams said. ``Water was all over the place -- dripping from the lights and ceiling. I called downstairs and they told me some pipes had broken. I ended up having to take a shower in Anthony Campbell's room. I wasn't happy about that.''
Later that night, the recruits were invited to a party on campus with their hosts.
''The girls at the party were much better than the farmer girls we'd see all day around campus,'' Williams said. ``I was kind of worried all Auburn had to offer was those farmer girls that talked funny. But the girls at the party weren't farmer girls at all. I thought they must have bused them in from Miami.''
The next morning, Williams met with coach Tommy Tuberville for 20 minutes.
''He told me how he coached Ray Lewis [at UM] and how he thought I had the same potential,'' Williams said. ``That got me really excited about playing for them.''
But that excitement apparently wasn't enough. On the way to the airport Sunday morning, Williams said he and the recruits were greeted by cheerleaders on the way to the bus.
''One guy decided it was enough for him to commit,'' Williams said. 'They tried to get me to join him. The girls were shouting `We want you Willie. We want you.' I couldn't do it. So I just waved good-bye and got on the bus.''
Next Tuesday: Williams details his trip to UM.

Such a waste.

mhackl
9/28/2007, 09:05 AM
11 arrests -- nearly cost him a scholarship to Miami.
Lol, Thug U

CatfishSooner
9/28/2007, 09:13 AM
WHAT an IDIOT!

Grimey
9/28/2007, 09:45 AM
Man, and he made Louisville's defense so formidable too.

oh wait...

stoops the eternal pimp
9/28/2007, 10:34 AM
Oh he is turning leaves alright..

Desert Sapper
9/28/2007, 11:03 AM
I remember this guy. That was the year we ended up 'getting' Chris Patterson. Wow. 2004. What a year for LBs.

boomersooner28
9/28/2007, 11:43 AM
no no no....he's BURNING a new leaf!

Scott D
9/28/2007, 02:57 PM
O'Shea Jackson called, he's not happy that Willie Williams is no longer down with the pilgrims.