PDA

View Full Version : Post Office Ground Delivery SUX!!!!!!!

tulsaoilerfan
9/27/2007, 04:34 PM
I ordered some clothes for my son online last week from a company in Cali; since they offered free ground shipping on orders over $75, i thought that would be the way to go-WRONG!!!! The package was shipped out on the 17th through Fed Ex; in Keller, TX it was picked up by the US Post Office on the 22nd and the shipment was accepted in OKC on the same day; i just found out from my local post office that they package finally shipped out of OKC yesterday the 26th, and should be here tomorrow; the freakin' package sit in OKC for 2 plus business days before it finally shipped!! If i gave that kind of service in my business i wouldn't last long; this will be the last time i ever use any kind of free shipping as you get what you don't pay for. :mad:

Boomer.....
9/27/2007, 04:39 PM
I wouldn't blame the web site. Was it USPS or Fed Ex shipping?

mdklatt
9/27/2007, 04:44 PM
I ordered some clothes for my son online last week from a company in Cali; since they offered free ground shipping on orders over $75, i thought that would be the way to go-WRONG!!!! The package was shipped out on the 17th through Fed Ex; in Keller, TX it was picked up by the US Post Office on the 22nd and the shipment was accepted in OKC on the same day; i just found out from my local post office that they package finally shipped out of OKC yesterday the 26th, and should be here tomorrow; the freakin' package sit in OKC for 2 plus business days before it finally shipped!! If i gave that kind of service in my business i wouldn't last long; this will be the last time i ever use any kind of free shipping as you get what you don't pay for. :mad:

Did the package arrive any later than they promised it would?

Maybe the package sat around for 2 days in Oklahoma City because there were a lot of packages that had to be shipped out before yours. When I delivered pizzas, people always assumed that theirs was the only order we had all night, and that it shouldn't take any longer to deliver than the time it takes to make it and drive it to their house.

LilSooner
9/27/2007, 04:45 PM
I hate fed ex with a passion.

SoonerStormchaser
9/27/2007, 04:46 PM
You had better hope that :dean: doesn't see this thread.

tulsaoilerfan
9/27/2007, 04:47 PM
Did the package arrive any later than they promised it would?

Maybe the package sat around for 2 days in Oklahoma City because there were a lot of packages that had to be shipped out before yours. When I delivered pizzas, people always assumed that theirs was the only order we had all night, and that it shouldn't take any longer to deliver than the time it takes to make it and drive it to their house.
I can understand the package not going out immediately because it's ground shipping, but it actually sat there for 4 days, counting the weekend, before it got sent out; the other thing that's hard to understand is why it started out through Fed Ex, then switched to the Post Office in Texas; must have been aHook em that decided to screw me.

Pricetag
9/27/2007, 05:05 PM
Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.

WILBURJIM
9/27/2007, 05:08 PM
I can understand the package not going out immediately because it's ground shipping, but it actually sat there for 4 days, counting the weekend, before it got sent out; the other thing that's hard to understand is why it started out through Fed Ex, then switched to the Post Office in Texas; must have been aHook em that decided to screw me.

Fed X contracts the USPS to move alot of their ground shipments. Fed X should have delivered your package. Certain point to point moves can be slowww.

We consistently get calls from the West Coast from people saying they received their invoice(USPS), but don't have the product(shipped UPS Ground), yet. Or, we get delivery from an LTL carrier on 90% of an order before the 10% we really needed in a hurry, and had the vendor ship UPS Next Day Air.

olevetonahill
9/27/2007, 05:21 PM
Hey we can merge the Fed ex with the Ups guys and just call it
Fed UP

Boarder
9/27/2007, 07:49 PM
That's why people don't need to get tracking numbers. You ordered something last week from California and you'll get it tomorrow? Wow, how dare they get you something that quickly for FREE!

sooner_born_1960
9/27/2007, 08:25 PM
You could have picked it up yourself. The USPS is simply the best package/parcel delivery service on the planet.

tulsaoilerfan
9/27/2007, 09:19 PM
You could have picked it up yourself. The USPS is simply the best package/parcel delivery service on the planet.
I had no idea how this would be shipped, but i assumed it would be Fed Ex all the way; that's why i took the Free shipping option, but i will never make that mistake again; if the stuff was for me i could care less, but you don't have a 13 year old asking you every day why his clothes aren't here and you can't tell him cause you don't know either; chalk it up to a learning experience for me.

tulsaoilerfan
9/27/2007, 09:20 PM
That's why people don't need to get tracking numbers. You ordered something last week from California and you'll get it tomorrow? Wow, how dare they get you something that quickly for FREE!
I hope that's sarcasm as i wouldn't consider 11 days quickly. :D

Boarder
9/28/2007, 01:26 PM
11 days from California, again, for FREE! You opt for the cheapo shipping and then gripe because it takes a day or two longer? Well boo hoo hoo.

You people like this really need to be sentenced to dealing with the public for a month. You'd change your tune really fast.

frankensooner
9/28/2007, 02:05 PM
Kids need to learn patience. They should just be glad they are getting that dang hollister t-shirt! ;)

Boarder
9/28/2007, 02:11 PM
but you don't have a 13 year old asking you every day why his clothes aren't here

I didn't even see this part. :mack: Let me answer this one for Dean.

I'd tell said 13 year old that every time I heard a word about where were the clothes it would add a day onto when they got them. Three strikes and they'd be sent back. CLOTHES! It's not like it's a kidney for transplant!

Patience. People have to learn patience. this would have been a prime example of being able to teach your child to have some patience.

Boarder
9/28/2007, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna sic :dean: after you, now buddy!

C&CDean
9/28/2007, 03:22 PM
-sigh-

Let's see, you're ****ed at the "post office" because you chose to not pay for something, and then it gets shipped with a different company, and then the "post office" picks it up later and finally delivers it a couple more days later?

Here's what you do. You look in the mirror, and you go "gee, I'm a dumbass and shant ever choose the free shipping option again. In fact, I've learned so much from this episode I will have everything just shipped USPS and save all the hassle as well as a lot of $$."

Then, you carry your kid's butt over to the JC Penney store and get him clothes there. Clothes aren't grown at the damn post office. They're grown at the JC Penney store. Judas H. Priest in a pair of brown corduroys son, people who buy **** like clothes and shoes (you know, **** that needs to fit and such) through the mail are mega-tards. If the tenny fits, lace it up.

Stoop Dawg
9/28/2007, 03:28 PM
In all fairness, *someone* paid for the shipping - probably the company that sold the merchandise. I'm 100% positive that the USPS didn't deliver it out of the kindness of their heart.

In defense of the USPS: I checked my PO box today for the first time in a month and the lady at the window where I took all the mis-delivered mail was very nice. Kudos!!

Boarder
9/28/2007, 03:47 PM
Yeah, that's even better. The company you ordered for paid the shipipng and didn't charge you. So it was less than free!

tulsaoilerfan
9/28/2007, 05:17 PM
-sigh-

Let's see, you're ****ed at the "post office" because you chose to not pay for something, and then it gets shipped with a different company, and then the "post office" picks it up later and finally delivers it a couple more days later?

Here's what you do. You look in the mirror, and you go "gee, I'm a dumbass and shant ever choose the free shipping option again. In fact, I've learned so much from this episode I will have everything just shipped USPS and save all the hassle as well as a lot of $$."

Then, you carry your kid's butt over to the JC Penney store and get him clothes there. Clothes aren't grown at the damn post office. They're grown at the JC Penney store. Judas H. Priest in a pair of brown corduroys son, people who buy **** like clothes and shoes (you know, **** that needs to fit and such) through the mail are mega-tards. If the tenny fits, lace it up.

Penneys? Yeah, we used to have one of those here in town(they didn't carry clothes though), along with an Anthony's/Stage and a Sears at one point; you have to either drive to Tulsa, or it's Wal-Mart, Family $, or $ General.

tulsaoilerfan
9/28/2007, 05:23 PM
11 days from California, again, for FREE! You opt for the cheapo shipping and then gripe because it takes a day or two longer? Well boo hoo hoo.

You people like this really need to be sentenced to dealing with the public for a month. You'd change your tune really fast.

So you think 11 days from California is okay since it didn't cost me anything? Guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. :D