PDA

View Full Version : Apartment Living Is Teh Succ

VeeJay
9/27/2007, 04:06 PM
when you're in your 40's and used to living in your own home.

Fayetteville, NC - every single apartment dweller except me is connected with the military. Which I am perfectly OK with. Except the young couple above me are well...restless. There's stomping, yelling and loud crashes in the night. A couple of weeks ago, at 3:30 in the a.m., I was startled by what I initially thought was a meteor strike. I finally determined that they probably just dropped a bank vault or flipped over a chifferobe on the floor above my bedroom.

Last Saturday, there was a lot louder than usual screaming, doors slamming and very boisterous sounding objects slamming against walls. Door slammed and female screams resounded for a couple of hours.

Since Saturday, it has been much quieter up there. I think the female was put on waivers, shall we say. I do hope she is gone for good, because from all appearances the problems are with her.

Banging on the ceiling with a broom handle hasn't produced desired results.

Pricetag
9/27/2007, 04:09 PM
We lived in an apartment while our new house was being built. I swear, the people above us had a bowling alley in there. Only a bowling ball rolling across the floor could make the noises we would hear.

Osce0la
9/27/2007, 04:17 PM
We are the only people in our building...4 apts per building, only 1 is occupied in ours - we can be as loud as we want :D

rufnek05
9/27/2007, 04:23 PM
thats why you live on the top floor.

9/27/2007, 05:04 PM
"chifferobe"

I'm not sure I've heard that word since the last time I watched "To Kill a Mockingbird."

Petro-Sooner
9/27/2007, 06:01 PM
AHH apartment living. I lived in one once where I could almost clearly hear the next door neighbors answering machine. And the guy's "friend" upstairs was a "screamer" if you get my drift.

olevetonahill
9/27/2007, 06:02 PM
Thats Why I live in the woods . Bastages make Noise that bothers me , They get shot !

Petro-Sooner
9/27/2007, 06:06 PM
Thats Why I live in the woods . Bastages make Noise that bothers me , They get shot !

Word. One day I WILL become a hermit. :hot: :texan:

Only coming into town a couple times a month to stock up on beer and beef jerky.

olevetonahill
9/27/2007, 06:39 PM
Word. One day I WILL become a hermit. :hot: :texan:

Only coming into town a couple times a month to stock up on beer and beef jerky.
I dont come to the shop very often any more .
And If I play my cards right , Some Hawtie will bring me what I need ;)
Then we spend an Hr or 3 in the Hawt tub , and she goes home .
Its all good :cool:

SoonerGirl06
9/27/2007, 07:01 PM
When I first moved to Dallas my cousin and I lived in an apartment. Fortunately the other tenants in the building we lived in were young and single, so we always played our music loud and partied together.

Those were the days....

Newbomb Turk
9/27/2007, 07:09 PM
gawd I hated living in an apartment.

bottom floor = noise above you.
top floor = pain in the a55 moving in and out.
always some jackhole making noise in the parking lot.

soonerboomer93
9/27/2007, 07:28 PM
i only get the joy of piano practice in the mid afternoon/evening

decent player, but I just don't want to hear it sometimes...

new people above me are relatively quiet

VeeJay
9/28/2007, 12:28 AM
Well, I guess the lunatic is back. Or dude's got some new chick up there. Just a few minutes ago it sounded like the damned bed was falling apart up there.

It's 1:30 and I think they're finally asleep. Maybe I can get some sleep now. Fuggers.

PhxSooner
9/28/2007, 12:36 AM
Our first apartment out here was where a lot of ASU students lived. We heard some horrible crash one night, and got up the next morning to find a dresser smashed to bits outside our front door.

SoonerGirl06
9/28/2007, 12:38 AM
VJ have you complained to the managers or called the police for their antics?

Sounds like it gets out of hand and goes above and beyond the norm.

olevetonahill
9/28/2007, 12:39 AM
Well, I guess the lunatic is back. Or dude's got some new chick up there. Just a few minutes ago it sounded like the damned bed was falling apart up there.

It's 1:30 and I think they're finally asleep. Maybe I can get some sleep now. Fuggers.
Dude
Just Join the Partay !:D

olevetonahill
9/28/2007, 12:40 AM
VJ have you complained to the managers or called the police for their antics?

Sounds like it gets out of hand and goes above and beyond the norm.
Hush up Woman !

def_lazer_fc
9/28/2007, 12:45 AM
i always try to get a top floor. the suck-assness of moving in and out is greatly dwarfed by the fact that you never have to worry about someone else's noise. but i can understand first floor complaints....unless you're some pathetic lonely old man who expects to hear absolutely nothing and calls in a noise complaint at 2 in the afternoon b/c you have the radio on. **** that guy.

9/28/2007, 02:37 AM
Honestly, the main concern here is that your complex allows chifferobes.

Rid the apartment of the chifferobe, and ye will be free.

Chifferobe. Chifferobe.

Seamus
9/28/2007, 03:38 AM
When I last lived in an apartment it was 2:30 one night and the goldamned Oompah Oompah Mexican Hat Dance music was still oompahing.

OK, I says, **** it. And here is Seamus's response:

Put all four Polk Audios face down on the floor. Insert Psalm 69 by Ministry. Turn up volume to "Deafen." Start "N.W.O." Pause after guitar/bass/drum intro. Stop. Start again. Repeat. Laugh as footsteps come blazing up the stairs.

proud gonzo
9/28/2007, 07:41 AM
There's stomping, yelling and loud crashes in the night. A couple of weeks ago, at 3:30 in the a.m., I was startled by what I initially thought was a meteor strike. I finally determined that they probably just dropped a bank vault or flipped over a chifferobe on the floor above my bedroom.

Last Saturday, there was a lot louder than usual screaming, doors slamming and very boisterous sounding objects slamming against walls. Door slammed and female screams resounded for a couple of hours.
Damn it, now I have the Dan Band stuck in my head.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=brLhiEH2luw (about 3:40 in)

VeeJay
9/28/2007, 09:22 AM
Well, I am the last person on the planet to interfere with someone else's affairs, or stick my nose in somebody else's business. My solution is that my lease has expired and I am moving to another apt. at the end of Oct. The leasing lady at the new place said she would give me a 2nd floor apt. I could care less - I just need a little more sleep than I am currently getting which is between 1 and 4 a.m.

As for the chifferobe, I just used that as an example because those damned things are so heavy. If you've ever helped friends or family move and they have one, you never forget the name of it. I have moved two of them that I can remember, and I despise those things.

If one of you hillbillies would buy my house in FL this problem would be taken care of.

RacerX
9/28/2007, 09:45 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/13/Chifforobe.jpg/794px-Chifforobe.jpg

VeeJay
9/28/2007, 09:58 AM
AAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Dude, that thing is like kryptonite!!!!