PDA

View Full Version : Kragthorpe Could Be Back

Doged
9/27/2007, 11:30 AM
A couple of Big 12 coach's seats are pretty hot this season, and with good reason.

If fan attitude is any indicator, Coach Kragthorpe's seat is pretty warm as well.

Visit any Louisville message board and you'll see a ton of message board fans calling for Coach Krag's head already, saying he only got the job because of a friend (Petrino?) and he's in way over his head at their elite program.

Elite program? They've been to ONE BCS bowl! Prior to that they had a few Conf USA championships on an inconsistent basis, interspersed with years of struggling to get bowl eligible in that conference. Prior to that? In 1997 they were one of the few teams that lost to the Blake era Sooners! They've never had a competent defense and they don't again this year.

If the fan attitude is any reflection of the administration, Coach Krag might last 1 or 2 seasons. With jobs like aTm, Nebraska and OSEwe possibly coming open in that same time frame, we may yet see Coach Krag back in OUr neighborhood.

RedGiant
9/27/2007, 11:41 AM
I'm still puzzled how he fielded a "defense" so incapable of stopping anyone. A bucket with the bottom knocked out could hold more than those guys. It's pathetic.

Kray
9/27/2007, 12:27 PM
I think they're a bit impatient, and of course they aren't an elite program. they don't get into the conversation with the LSU's, OU's, Florida's, Ohio States, etc. They are a good, maybe an excellent program, but they aren't elite.

Kragthorpe is a winner. If they let him, he'll win for them.

tommieharris91
9/27/2007, 12:35 PM
Who's defense is worse, osu's or Louisville's?

My Opinion Matters
9/27/2007, 12:48 PM
It's Louisville. They're damn lucky to have a coach of Steve Kragthorpe's caliber. If they fire him, they might as well shoot themselves in the head.

47straight
9/27/2007, 01:27 PM
aTm when Fran gets fired. Mark it down.

Grimey
9/27/2007, 01:35 PM
Kragthorpe's best friend is (I beleive) the athletic director. He ain't going anywhere.

He's a heck of a coach. They are stupid if they want him gone.

OSUAggie
9/27/2007, 01:36 PM
I don't think he'll be able to take his 3-3-5 defense anywhere.

On the other hand, his offense will probably be welcomed at most places.

sooneron
9/27/2007, 01:47 PM
They are a good, maybe an excellent program, but they aren't elite.

NO WAY are they an excellent program.

Middle

Of

The

Road

Taxman71
9/27/2007, 01:49 PM
Considering they were happy to have Drunkenberger there for so many years in the middle of irrelevance......they should be happy with Krag.

But losing to Cuse is inexcusable.

sooner_born_1960
9/27/2007, 01:56 PM
He better get Louisville a lot better if he ever hopes to land a job in a major conference.

StoopTroup
9/27/2007, 03:36 PM
Louisville is teh suc of da mideast.

soonerlaw
9/27/2007, 11:39 PM
When a qb named Stefan LeFlours came to town, their program shot right to the top.

Sooner Eclipse
9/28/2007, 12:00 AM
I quit paying any attention to Louisville when they started referring to themselves as "da Ville"

Just because they are now in the upper half of a really crappy conference doesn't mean they're any better than they used to be. Miami, VT and BC would be kicking the crap out of them regularly if they were still in the BE.

Please, until UM, VT and BC left, WV and UL were run of the mill programs, now because they're the 2 best teams in that ****ty conference they're preseason top 10's??? Give me a break.

goingoneight
9/28/2007, 01:25 AM
Eastern football is boring.

aurorasooner
9/28/2007, 01:37 AM
Louisville D is as wide open as that Louisville cheerleader was last year. Cute little minx. Did she graduate? http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5756/screenshot003uc8.jpg

Taxman71
9/28/2007, 09:09 AM
A couple of things from that photo:

1. I am so glad we do not have some cheesy hand sign that was invented during the MTV age like these wannabe football schools....it reeks of desperation and attention.

2. They still make hightop Reebok's with the velco at the top? Those were rad in 1988.

arcman46
9/28/2007, 10:22 AM
A couple of things from that photo:

1. I am so glad we do not have some cheesy hand sign that was invented during the MTV age like these wannabe football schools....it reeks of desperation and attention.

2. They still make hightop Reebok's with the velco at the top? Those were rad in 1988.

3. What's the girl in the back doing?:D