PDA

View Full Version : will THIS convince dillusional Vick fans?

badger
9/27/2007, 10:07 AM
We've seen it with dillusional Britney fans, OJ fans and even Paris Hilton fans... now, will Vick fans finally see the light after...
Vick caught with marijuana. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3037175)

RICHMOND, Va. -- Michael Vick is now likely one misstep from jail.

The disgraced Atlanta Falcons quarterback tested positive for marijuana earlier this month, a violation of the conditions of his release as he awaits sentencing in federal court on a dogfighting charge that already jeopardizes his freedom and career.

Now, he's incurred the ire of the judge who could sentence him to up to five years in prison in the dogfighting case. On the day of Vick's guilty plea, U.S. District Judge Henry Hudson warned that he wouldn't be amused by any additional trouble.

Hudson, who will sentence Vick on Dec. 10, on Wednesday ordered him confined to his Virginia home between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. with electronic monitoring. He also must submit to random drug testing.

If Vick fails another drug test, he likely will wind up like co-defendant Quanis Phillips -- incarcerated since his Aug. 17 plea hearing. Phillips failed a drug test when he had the electronic monitoring and random drug testing requirements.

Vick's positive urine sample was submitted Sept. 13, according to a document by a federal probation officer that was filed in U.S. District Court on Wednesday.

Because Vick violated the conditions of his release, Hudson could take that into consideration during sentencing, said Linda Malone, a criminal procedure expert and Marshall-Wythe Foundation professor of law at the College of William and Mary.

"Every judge considers pretty seriously if they feel that the defendant has flaunted the conditions for release," she said.

"It's certainly not a smart thing to do."

Especially not when his behavior is being watched so closely, not only by the court that allowed him to remain free, but by the public whose forgiveness he's seeking.

In Atlanta, Vick's one-time teammates tried to distance themselves from his latest troubles.

"That's the last thing I'm worried about," linebacker Keith Brooking said at the Falcons' suburban practice facility. "We're 0-3. We're trying to get a win."

Safety Lawyer Milloy agreed.

"I just want to play ball," he said. "I'm so tired of talking about everything else, stuff we can't control that has nothing to do with us."

The failed drug test is just the latest legal trouble for the 27-year-old Vick.

On Tuesday, Vick was indicted on state charges of beating or killing or causing dogs to fight other dogs and engaging in or promoting dogfighting. Each felony is punishable by up to five years in prison. His arraignment on that is set for Oct. 3.

The former Virginia Tech star was placed under pretrial release supervision by U.S. Magistrate Dennis Dohnal in July. The restrictions included refraining from use or unlawful possession of narcotic drugs or other controlled substances.

The random drug testing ordered Wednesday could include urine testing, the wearing of a sweat patch, a remote alcohol testing system or any form of prohibited substance screening or testing. Hudson's order also requires Vick to participate in inpatient or outpatient substance therapy and mental health counseling if the pretrial services officer or supervising officer deem it appropriate. Vick must pay for the treatment.

Vick's lead attorney, Billy Martin, also is representing Idaho Sen. Larry Craig, who pleaded guilty in an airport sex sting. During a press conference about Craig, Martin was asked to comment on Vick. He deflected the question, saying only, "I'm sure that in the future we'll have something to say regarding Mr. Vick, but not now."

In January, Vick was cleared by police of any wrongdoing after his water bottle was seized by security at Miami International Airport. Police said it smelled of marijuana and had a hidden compartment that contained a "small amount of dark particulate."

Lab tests found no evidence of drugs, and Vick explained that he used the secret compartment to carry jewelry.

The federal dogfighting case began in late April when authorities conducting a drug investigation of Vick's cousin raided the property Vick owns in Surry County and seized dozens of dogs, most of them pit bulls, and equipment associated with dogfighting.

Vick initially denied any knowledge of the enterprise, then pledged after he was charged that he would fight to clear his name. After Phillips and two other co-defendants pleaded guilty, Vick followed suit and admitted in a written plea to bankrolling the enterprise and helping to kill eight dogs that performed poorly.

Vick was the only defendant not placed on electronic monitoring at the arraignments because he was the only one with no criminal record, the U.S. Attorney's office said.

Just throw the damn falcon in jail already before he causes more problems! He is being a terrible role model for kids, he is being a terrible representative of Virginia Tech, Atlanta and whoever else you think he might represent! Just get him out of the spotlight NOW!

royalfan5
9/27/2007, 10:13 AM
Count me among those who don't care if Vick likes to fight dogs and blaze it. He could be doing much worse things.

JohnnyMack
9/27/2007, 10:15 AM
Count me among those who don't care if Vick likes to fight dogs and blaze it. He could be doing much worse things.

Like trying to coach the Nebraska defense.

Ever
9/27/2007, 10:17 AM
Dog fighting is one thing - who cares if he smokes weed?

BornandBred
9/27/2007, 10:34 AM
Vick should be covered in BBQ sauce, tazered, and set upon by three or four of the "good performers". He sucks.

fadada1
9/27/2007, 10:35 AM
Dog fighting is one thing - who cares if he smokes weed?
true. but when he's been ordered not to, and knows it's wrong, and knows it could lead to more jail time, then he get's what he deserves. maybe he's just looking for more steet cred with his homies.

royalfan5
9/27/2007, 10:38 AM
true. but when he's been ordered not to, and knows it's wrong, and knows it could lead to more jail time, then he get's what he deserves. maybe he's just looking for more steet cred with his homies.
or maybe he just wanted an excuse to like the Dave Matthews Band.

Scott D
9/27/2007, 10:50 AM
I didn't know that there were pickle loving Vick fans ;)

GottaHavePride
9/27/2007, 10:52 AM
Heh. I thought they were Michael Vick fans that hate David Blaine.

trey
9/27/2007, 10:55 AM
i had no idea mike vick would do something so horrible as to smoke weed

GottaHavePride
9/27/2007, 10:57 AM
It's not that smoking weed is so bad. It's that Vick ignored the little voice saying "hey dip****, you're out on bail. breaking more laws is NOT a good idea right now"

royalfan5
9/27/2007, 11:01 AM
It's not that smoking weed is so bad. It's that Vick ignored the little voice saying "hey dip****, you're out on bail. breaking more laws is NOT a good idea right now"
He's going to jail anyway, so why not enjoy being out while you can?

fadada1
9/27/2007, 11:03 AM
He's going to jail anyway, so why not enjoy being out while you can?
it's like getting permission to pillage the countryside!!!!

trey
9/27/2007, 11:34 AM
if i was going to jail i'd be smoking a lot of weed. like enough to keep me stoned for the next 2 years of my life.

Scott D
9/27/2007, 01:13 PM
yeah, but would you smoke weed if it was against the terms of your release on bail?

royalfan5
9/27/2007, 01:15 PM
yeah, but would you smoke weed if it was against the terms of your release on bail?
Given the Vick Brothers track record, isn't the fact that it was only pot kind of impressive?

SOONER STEAKER
9/27/2007, 01:16 PM
Vick got caught smoking some of that KINGFISHER COUNTY weed again didn't he. Good stuff!!

Ash
9/27/2007, 01:17 PM

...especially when you have a sentencing hearing coming up? You might want to look like a goody goody so the judge thinks it's a good idea to give you the minimum.

Scott D
9/27/2007, 01:17 PM
Given the Vick Brothers track record, isn't the fact that it was only pot kind of impressive?

not really, in the Newport News area pot is probably more readily available and easier to obtain than tobacco.

royalfan5
9/27/2007, 01:20 PM
not really, in the Newport News area pot is probably more readily available and easier to obtain than tobacco.
What I meant was they could have been out punting puppies after consuming a large batch of LSD or something with some 14 year old girls.

Scott D
9/27/2007, 01:50 PM
and what I meant is that smoking pot is as natural for Vick as a pack of kools is for a cigarette smoker.

sooneron
9/27/2007, 01:56 PM
it's like getting permission to pillage the countryside!!!!
This is pure GOLD!!![hairGel]

classof88
9/27/2007, 10:03 PM
vick should be put to good use............as an artillery projectile in afghanistan.

GottaHavePride
9/27/2007, 10:07 PM
Actually, if you violate terms of your bail, don't you forfeit the money you put up as bail? I'm pretty sure that's how that works. Kiss your money buh-bye, Senor Vick.

Crucifax Autumn
9/27/2007, 10:25 PM
You know, I really don't think a complete jackass criminal out on bail should be smoking pot, but if he gets in more trouble for weed than for animal cruelty my head is gonna explode.

And as for the role-model for kids crap, any kid that still considers him a hero is probably squishing bugs, peeing the bed, setting off metal detectors at school and smoking crack.

Scott D
9/27/2007, 10:30 PM
And as for the role-model for kids crap, any kid that still considers him a hero is probably squishing bugs, peeing the bed, setting off metal detectors at school and smoking crack.

That's not how society works. That's why people idolize a Britney Spears, or a John Gotti, or even a Tony Montana, along with a Terrell Owens, etc..etc.

Crucifax Autumn
9/27/2007, 11:02 PM
Well, IMO society is stupid. But I really don't think at this point any of those people are so much idolized as much as they are just popular due to what I call the "Springer Effect".

Some guy beats his wife, sits down and fires up a meth pipe and turns on Springer. The guest is a weirdo diaper fetish with a pacifier who makes his wife clean his poop. The guy takes another hit, looks over at his wife and says, "honey, I know that black eye hurts, but shucks, at least I don't make ya wipe my ***. I'm a pretty good dude."

Losers make even the lowliest retard feel like he's better than someone else and people like to feel superior, so they watch Britney flash her cooch or ramble about time travel and figure if she can make it big, so can they.

Sooner in Tampa
9/28/2007, 05:27 AM
The Vick apologists will NEVER come to grips with reality.

The best thing I heard from one of the goofballs the other day was "Black America doesn't think of dogs the same White America does"...WTF????

AlbqSooner
9/28/2007, 06:13 AM
Actually, if you violate terms of your bail, don't you forfeit the money you put up as bail? I'm pretty sure that's how that works. Kiss your money buh-bye, Senor Vick.
If you fail to appear in Court as directed you forfeit the money. If you violate the terms of release you simply forfeit any hopes of mercy from the judge come sentencing time - - - but you do get your money back when you appear as directed.

Scott D
9/28/2007, 08:42 AM
Well, IMO society is stupid. But I really don't think at this point any of those people are so much idolized as much as they are just popular due to what I call the "Springer Effect".

Some guy beats his wife, sits down and fires up a meth pipe and turns on Springer. The guest is a weirdo diaper fetish with a pacifier who makes his wife clean his poop. The guy takes another hit, looks over at his wife and says, "honey, I know that black eye hurts, but shucks, at least I don't make ya wipe my ***. I'm a pretty good dude."

Losers make even the lowliest retard feel like he's better than someone else and people like to feel superior, so they watch Britney flash her cooch or ramble about time travel and figure if she can make it big, so can they.

People go on Springer to try and get their 15 minutes. Most of them are actors anyway, so doing that stuff doesn't bother them they get paid for it. People have idolized celebrity in all it's forms because it's celebrity, no other reason. Even serial killers were idolized in some way, doesn't make it right but it's the way it is.

Truthfully, when it comes to celebrities and being a role model that old Charles Barkley Nike campaign put it best.

stoopified
9/28/2007, 04:02 PM
It's not that smoking weed is so bad. It's that Vick ignored the little voice saying "hey dip****, you're out on bail. breaking more laws is NOT a good idea right now":)

soonermix
9/28/2007, 04:26 PM
even though i don't think it is all that bad what he did it is still funny that the same people that f up keep f'ing up over and over and over.... it is the true morons that are the worlds only true entertainment left

OU Adonis
9/28/2007, 04:37 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, I thought smoking weed was illegal regardless if he was already busted for something else?

I could care less if he smokes out. If the only problem our society had was people getting stoned we would be pretty good off.

Saying that, I don't endorse pot whatsoever. I just don't think its a huge issue.

Animal Mother
9/28/2007, 05:04 PM
Vick is a bona fide bone head. As they say "Time wounds all heels". He will eventually pay the price. Hopefully on TV.

"Blow out your brains but do it right!!! Make sure it's primetime and on a Saturday night!!"

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2007, 02:29 AM
People go on Springer to try and get their 15 minutes. Most of them are actors anyway, so doing that stuff doesn't bother them they get paid for it. People have idolized celebrity in all it's forms because it's celebrity, no other reason. Even serial killers were idolized in some way, doesn't make it right but it's the way it is.

Truthfully, when it comes to celebrities and being a role model that old Charles Barkley Nike campaign put it best.

all that is true, but so is what I said. The people may go on Springer or make jackasses of themselves elsewhere to get their 15 minutes, but society in general does watch them to feel superior and to excuse their own faults.