PDA

View Full Version : Whorfans, Thursday morning gem

auto
9/27/2007, 07:32 AM
Loved this little gem, pure humor.:D

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=5219008&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=4

"of course my opinion might be a bit slanted, but i think tx has a better passing game than ou. statistics say otherwise, and have been disconcerting so far for us, but mccoy was a heisman candidate fruontrunner up until ksu last yr. we have a stable of wr's, all better than any of ou's, and a better te. our oline has been underachieving, and our playcalling tends to protect them, and play to that weakness. as a result, we have not yet established much of an identity. but i do standby my position that we have the capability to put up tons of yards on ou and others. its time to start showing it."

sanantoniosooner
9/27/2007, 07:34 AM
Loved this little gem, pure humor.:D

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=5219008&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=4

"of course my opinion might be a bit slanted, ...."
sounds like a nut job.

starrca23
9/27/2007, 07:36 AM
Heh. "...a bit slanted,"

StanberryWasIn
9/27/2007, 07:47 AM
Of course they have a better passing game. Haven't you seen the comparison of Colt's numbers from his senior year of high school with Bradford's (see thread from before the season on that site about Bradford sucking for that enlightening discussion)? The facts couldn't be clearer.

BornandBred
9/27/2007, 07:56 AM
MK > Limus Sweed
They both have a similar NFL size and speed, but MK has the best hands in the country. End of discussion.

JI > Billy Pittman > Quan Cosby > Nate Jones
JI has proven to be a consistant reciever as well as a deep threat. To have your #2 WR be a threat like JI is, is truely a blessing.

JJF + GG + BE >>>>> Jermichael Finley
The comparison isn't even close. Germain alone is the best of the group. Also, we use the TE this year, which in and of itself makes our guys more useful.

The UT recieving core is truely deep, I think it would be hard to argue against that. But, I think we have two of the best WR in the country, possible THE best in MK.

Desert Sapper
9/27/2007, 07:56 AM
Well, they have a 'much harder schedule' than we do. I mean, with powerhouses like Arky State and Rice on the schedule, it's no wonder Babyhorse McCoy doesn't have Slingin' Sammy's numbers. TCU and UCF are legitimate top-10 teams. Freakin' hardest OOC schedule in the country. I really fear we'll get throttled in two weeks.

OUDoc
9/27/2007, 08:10 AM
They're in for an ***-whipping and they know it.

Partial Qualifier
9/27/2007, 08:36 AM
They're in for an ***-whipping and they know it.

booyah :texan:

XingTheRubicon
9/27/2007, 08:40 AM
I know this might not go over well, but Quan Cosby might have the best game of any of the receivers on the field Oct 6. How this guy ended up in Austin is God's own private little mystery. Quan is a freaking stud. He reminds me of Mark Clayton, even though his talent level may be just slightly less than Mark's, his desire is there. His downfield blocking is solid, he's catching everything thrown at him this year and if there's a tipped pass, he will punch you in the b*lls to keep you from getting a pick. (Remind you of anyone?) Watch him this week vs. Power Towel.

kevpks
9/27/2007, 08:55 AM
I know this might not go over well, but Quan Cosby might have the best game of any of the receivers on the field Oct 6. How this guy ended up in Austin is God's own private little mystery. Quan is a freaking stud. He reminds me of Mark Clayton, even though his talent level may be just slightly less than Mark's, his desire is there. His downfield blocking is solid, he's catching everything thrown at him this year and if there's a tipped pass, he will punch you in the b*lls to keep you from getting a pick. (Remind you of anyone?) Watch him this week vs. Power Towel.

Yes but he has something to deal with that really slows him down:
Greg Davis.

OUDoc
9/27/2007, 08:57 AM
I know this might not go over well, but Quan Cosby might have the best game of any of the receivers on the field Oct 6.
Shhhh....he might not know that.

MextheBulldog
9/27/2007, 09:00 AM
Eh, Sweed concerns me much more than Cosby.

XingTheRubicon
9/27/2007, 09:04 AM
Eh, Sweed concerns me much more than Cosby.

When they're playing Rice, yes.

Desert Sapper
9/27/2007, 09:28 AM
Quan Cosby might have the best game of any of the receivers on the field Oct 6.

You just made coffee come out of my nose. Thanks.:D

JohnnyMack
9/27/2007, 09:33 AM
If we take Saxet's offense lightly in this game, we'll need to start making plans for a return to the Cotton Bowl instead of a BCS game.

Beef
9/27/2007, 09:38 AM
If we take Saxet's offense lightly in this game, we'll need to start making plans for a return to the Cotton Bowl instead of a BCS game.
Are you saying I need to quit reading the board and work on my tackling some more?

fadada1
9/27/2007, 09:43 AM
we (as fans) might take their offense lightly. it's hard not to - look at their coach. somehow i don't think the coaching staff will... thankfully.

JohnnyMack
9/27/2007, 09:44 AM
Are you saying I need to quit reading the board and work on my tackling some more?

Yes. I was watching some tape on you and your hips are stiff and you're having a tough time wrapping up.

BornandBred
9/27/2007, 09:45 AM
I hear Stoops might have them practicing hard and lifting weights.

GottaHavePride
9/27/2007, 09:47 AM
Yes. I was watching some tape on you and your hips are stiff and you're having a tough time wrapping up.

That's what she said.

ZANG!

Ash
9/27/2007, 09:52 AM
All of us will need to gird our loins for the whorns.

:D

badger
9/27/2007, 09:54 AM
dude, fans tend to be a little dillusional, and you can't blame them for that. I recall many Sooner fans thinking that we were "reloaded," not "rebuilding" in the 2005 season. then, the season started.

such is the case with the whorns. they have not played one single tough opponent, and we have played two. when they start facing real competition, in October, they will have their fantasy reality crash down... and an OU flag planted in the middle of the field :D

Ash
9/27/2007, 09:56 AM
... and an OU flag planted in the middle of the field :D

I like the way you talk!:D

stoopified
9/27/2007, 09:58 AM
I'm ready to kick Ralphies' a$$ and get on to kicking some Bevo butt.

47straight
9/27/2007, 10:56 AM
I'm ready to kick Ralphies' a$$ and get on to kicking some Bevo butt.

Bovine after bovine.

fadada1
9/27/2007, 11:05 AM
dude, fans tend to be a little dillusional, and you can't blame them for that. I recall many Sooner fans thinking that we were "reloaded," not "rebuilding" in the 2005 season. then, the season never started.

fixed;)

OUDoc
9/27/2007, 11:27 AM
All of us will need to gird our loins for the whorns.
Guard or gird? They may be into paybacks for that bar thing.

GottaHavePride
9/27/2007, 11:44 AM
It is girt by sea...

Those waves. Would you say they look particularly... girting?

JBaker
9/27/2007, 11:44 AM
"You have a freshman QB who has barely been scratched.
We will be blitzing and getting to your QB, it is all in how the young guy handles this."

I seem to remember hearing this from another opponent about 3 weeks ago.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/27/2007, 12:06 PM
The Internet Supreme Court needs to bane that website, on grounds of THEIR MERE EXISTENCE MAKE ME WANT TO PUKE!

fadada1
9/27/2007, 12:08 PM
they're just so painfully stupid over there. it's like an oklahoma state that can actually fill their stadium.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/27/2007, 12:26 PM
In my very most objective giving as much credit as I possibly can to the shorthorns....

OU QB = TX QB
OU WR = TX WR
OU TE = TX TE
OU RB > TX RB
OU OL > TX OL
OU DL > TX DL
OU LB = TX LB
OU DB > TX DB
OU K/P > TX K/P

Please see the comparisons that typically control the game in bold.

TexasLidig8r
9/27/2007, 12:46 PM
such is the case with the whorns. they have not played one single tough opponent, and we have played two.

Tap the brakes there Little Badgerette you!

In looking at the stats.. they shake out like this...

OU's Opponents defensive rankings:

Tulsa 114th overall, 102nd passing
Miami 17th overall, 79th passing
N. Texas 118th overall, 112th passing
Utah St. - 98th overall, 90th passing

Texas' Opponents defensive rankings:
Arkie St. 71st overall, 96th pass
TCU 50th overall, 14th passing
C. Florida - 65th overall, 57th pass
Rice - 110 overall, 119 passing

The average:

Okahoma faced defenses with an average 87rd overall ranking and 96th passing defense

Texas faced defenses with an average 74th overall and 72nd passing defense.

In terms of SOS... Texas is 49.. OU is 56.

Granted, OU has taken its opponents, prison raped them sans lube and then drowned their kittens... yet.. time will tell.

BornandBred
9/27/2007, 12:53 PM
Granted, OU has taken its opponents, prison raped them sans lube and then drowned their kittens... yet.. time will tell.

Greatest

line

EVER.

toast
9/27/2007, 12:58 PM
Okahoma faced defenses with an average 87rd overall ranking and 96th passing defense

Texas faced defenses with an average 74th overall and 72nd passing defense.

Could it be that OU has ripped its opponents offensively more than ut thus the disparancy in rankings?

BornandBred
9/27/2007, 01:07 PM
Could it be that OU has ripped its opponents offensively more than ut thus the disparancy in rankings?
excellent point. What are the rankings without the OU and UT games in consideration?

JohnnyMack
9/27/2007, 01:28 PM
UNT is 0 - 3.

USU is 0 - 3.

Miami is 3 - 1. Two of their wins came over winless Marshall and winless FIU.

Tulsa is 2 - 1. One of their wins was over a winless La-Monroe.

Outside of Miami's win over The Cult and Tulsa's pinball scorefest outlasting of BYU, the teams we've played haven't done much of anything.

Let's look at Saxet:

ASU is 1 - 2.

TCU is a disappointing 2 - 2.

UCF is 2 - 1. A win at NCST to start the year was nice, but nothing major.

Rice is 0 - 4 and could be the worst team in Div. 1.

I don't think either team has played anyone worth a ****, but OU's win over Miami is clearly the most impressive win on either team's resume.

sooneron
9/27/2007, 01:42 PM
In my very most objective giving as much credit as I possibly can to the shorthorns....

OU QB = TX QB
OU WR = TX WR
OU TE = TX TE
OU RB > TX RB
OU OL > TX OL
OU DL = TX DL
OU LB > TX LB
OU DB > TX DB
OU K/P = TX K/P

Please see the comparisons that typically control the game in bold.
I revised, my thoughts are in bold. I'm not sure on our kicking game and I know whorns aren't sold on theirs. Kickoffs? Yeah, but PATs and FGs, not so good.

wdupyall
9/27/2007, 01:55 PM
QB's = push
RB's = OU
WR's = OU slightly
TE's = OU slightly
OL = OU
DL = UT
LB's = push
DB's = OU
ST = OU
coaching = OU

fossil
9/27/2007, 01:58 PM
When I read that Hornfans thread, all I could do is just sit here and get a 'BIG OL' GRIN' on my face. Grinned like a jackass eating bull nettles. I do believe folks are gonna be surprised at how good Bradford will perform. Sure is a fine feelin'.

NOW SOONERS, GO BEAT HELL OUT OF CU FIRST!!!!!

fossil
9/27/2007, 02:03 PM
I revised, my thoughts are in bold. I'm not sure on our kicking game and I know whorns aren't sold on theirs. Kickoffs? Yeah, but PATs and FGs, not so good.
SOONERRON, I actually think our TE's are > than Texas TE. We've got three pretty solid guys, our starter is better in my opinion than the Jermichael Finley, but what really ices it for me with the TE's is that we have three quality TE's to their one. But, even without that depth, I still think OU wins the TE matchup.

TexasLidig8r
9/27/2007, 02:08 PM
Wouldn't it be a more accurate analysis to evaluate unit on unit.. for example.. Texas DL vs. OU's OL ?

sooneron
9/27/2007, 02:15 PM
Wouldn't it be a more accurate analysis to evaluate unit on unit.. for example.. Texas DL vs. OU's OL ?
THAT'S INAKERUT!!!! [hairGel]

JohnnyMack
9/27/2007, 02:25 PM

THEY'RE JUST KIDS!!!!![hairGel]

Desert Sapper
9/27/2007, 02:32 PM

OK.

OU DL > UT OL
OU OL > UT DL

Nuff Said.

sooneron
9/27/2007, 02:46 PM
OK.

OU DL > UT OL
OU OL > UT DL

Nuff Said.
I'm not sure I share THAT MUCH enthusiasm, but I think these match ups will be VERY interesting.

Desert Sapper
9/27/2007, 03:31 PM
I'm not sure I share THAT MUCH enthusiasm, but I think these match ups will be VERY interesting.

I'll take our Left side against any D-Line in the country. Our Right-siders and Cooper are better than Houston, Lokey, Okam, Lewis, Acho, and maybe Roy Miller.

I'm pretty sure nobody matches up well with our interior D-Line rotation. The only potential issue is the loss of John Williams at DE. Other than that, the middle two should be pretty disruptive (Granger, Bennett, Coleman, and McCoy are an awesome rotation). Auston English is shaping up nicely and I think he, Alan Davis, Jeremy Beal, and Alonzo Dotson should be more than capable of penetrating on Ulatoski, Dockery, Griffin, Tanner, and Hills.

Bottom line is we are very talented and extremely deep, even with the loss of John Williams. Barring additional injuries this weekend, our lines present a mismatch against anybody Texas can throw out there on both sides of the ball.

I look forward to whupping that *** on October 6. It's been a long time coming.

47straight
9/27/2007, 06:33 PM

Are you joking? Hartley missed all of 1 last year, and Mack doesn't even recruit kickers, settling for whatever soccer players from Plano want to come down and scrimp and beg for 3 years for a chance at a token scholly their last year.

badger
9/27/2007, 09:04 PM
would you be willing to risk your avatar on the red river game? or do I just need to start subliminally calling you out in my weekly farks tomorrow? :D:D:D

The VIIIth
9/27/2007, 10:03 PM
J Clayton Feaver

Great sig line man...I was thinking about J Clayton the other day while remembering the 75 Colorado game, a squeaker we were luck to eke out. "Delivering the pregame invocation, Professor J. Clayton Feaver" and right after Amen, was a loud God Bless Mrs. Selmon"...Lee Roy and Dewey were still in school.

The VIIIth
9/27/2007, 10:19 PM
UNT is 0 - 3.

USU is 0 - 3.

Miami is 3 - 1. Two of their wins came over winless Marshall and winless FIU.

Tulsa is 2 - 1. One of their wins was over a winless La-Monroe.

Outside of Miami's win over The Cult and Tulsa's pinball scorefest outlasting of BYU, the teams we've played haven't done much of anything.

Let's look at Saxet:

ASU is 1 - 2.

TCU is a disappointing 2 - 2.

UCF is 2 - 1. A win at NCST to start the year was nice, but nothing major.

Rice is 0 - 4 and could be the worst team in Div. 1.

I don't think either team has played anyone worth a ****, but OU's win over Miami is clearly the most impressive win on either team's resume.

Excellent, excellent post. I thought the poster above who pointed out that Sooner opponent stats are poor because of Sooner dominance also brought up an excellent point.

Lidig8r, being naturally pedantic;) , tends to embrace facts similar to those he cited earlier, but other than having a narcotic type effect on his clearly concerned mind, they pretty much mean squat.

The VIIIth
9/27/2007, 10:20 PM
Double post, apologies.

goingoneight
9/27/2007, 10:26 PM
Hmmm... I don't recall the part of football where wide receivers play against eachother. I do recall UT's WR corps getting open after OUr defense gave Colt McCoy hours in the pocket last year.

We're a year older and a year better in the secondary, but they still have those guys who saved VY's bacon during their MNC run and have a ring to prove it. The biggest difference this year, by all rights should be the line of scrimmage. If OUr OL dominates, we win. That will be the toughie... since it is the strength of the Hook 'em defense.

sooneron
9/27/2007, 10:32 PM
Are you joking? Hartley missed all of 1 last year, and Mack doesn't even recruit kickers, settling for whatever soccer players from Plano want to come down and scrimp and beg for 3 years for a chance at a token scholly their last year.
I'm sorry, you must have missed where we were talking about THIS YEAR'S GAMES.
So far, he's missed two PATs and a make-able 30 something yarder last week. Luckily, we may not need him in a pinch.
You should never miss a PAT, let alone two early in the season in nice weather. I will say that I haven't paid much attention to ut's kicking game. I was laughing too hard at other aspects.

sooneron
9/27/2007, 10:38 PM
I'll take our Left side against any D-Line in the country. Our Right-siders and Cooper are better than Houston, Lokey, Okam, Lewis, Acho, and maybe Roy Miller.

I'm pretty sure nobody matches up well with our interior D-Line rotation. The only potential issue is the loss of John Williams at DE. Other than that, the middle two should be pretty disruptive (Granger, Bennett, Coleman, and McCoy are an awesome rotation). Auston English is shaping up nicely and I think he, Alan Davis, Jeremy Beal, and Alonzo Dotson should be more than capable of penetrating on Ulatoski, Dockery, Griffin, Tanner, and Hills.

Bottom line is we are very talented and extremely deep, even with the loss of John Williams. Barring additional injuries this weekend, our lines present a mismatch against anybody Texas can throw out there on both sides of the ball.

I look forward to whupping that *** on October 6. It's been a long time coming.
I was mainly referring to our DL. I am pleased with the play, but I am not sure of our competition thus far on the opposing OL. The DL has played great, they just need to stick to their gaps/assignments and we should be fine.

TexasLidig8r
9/28/2007, 09:03 AM
would you be willing to risk your avatar on the red river game? or do I just need to start subliminally calling you out in my weekly farks tomorrow? :D:D:D

I don't have an avatar Little Badgerette.

The last avatar bet I had resulted in civil war on here and major meltdowns.. it was beautiful!!!

badger
9/28/2007, 10:55 AM
I don't have an avatar Little Badgerette.

The last avatar bet I had resulted in civil war on here and major meltdowns.. it was beautiful!!!
Well then, perhaps I should provide you one?

TexasLidig8r
9/28/2007, 11:16 AM
Well then, perhaps I should provide you one?

I dont particularly care to have the Georgia Bulldogs logo as an avatar.. even if it is in green and gold! ;)

NS5
9/28/2007, 11:21 AM
GO FOR IT ! See answers to your questions after the game.

badger
9/28/2007, 11:22 AM
I dont particularly care to have the Georgia Bulldogs logo as an avatar.. even if it is in green and gold! ;)
F**king hillbilly. The Packers had that logo SEVERAL YEARS before Georgia gained permission FROM GREEN BAY to use it. And so therefore, it is incredibly IGNORANT to say that it's Georgia's when in fact it has been GB's from the very start.

That is, if we are to say that someone should claim ownership of a "G"

Now, I think we can work out something nice. It seems your friend and colleague Herr the Horn is gone, so I need a new whorn fan to bet with.

TexasLidig8r
9/28/2007, 12:01 PM
F**king hillbilly. The Packers had that logo SEVERAL YEARS before Georgia gained permission FROM GREEN BAY to use it. And so therefore, it is incredibly IGNORANT to say that it's Georgia's when in fact it has been GB's from the very start.

That is, if we are to say that someone should claim ownership of a "G"

Now, I think we can work out something nice. It seems your friend and colleague Herr the Horn is gone, so I need a new whorn fan to bet with.

Is that the Minneapolis Packers?

We may be able to work something out... :)

I have a wager with another frequent poster on here.. the last two years it has resulted in a bow tie for me and a Longhorn throw pillow for the office.

handcrafted
9/28/2007, 12:03 PM
So when we break off the axe handle in you guys a week from Saturday, what will you give us?

Gay sex toys don't count. :texan:

toast
9/28/2007, 01:00 PM
what about legal representation for $1 like the ut players?

fwsooner22
9/28/2007, 01:12 PM

That is Dead ON.........All that dude does is catch everything that is near him.....He's the one to watch next week!

soonerloyal
9/28/2007, 01:18 PM
I have a challenge for non-Sooner fan members or visitors here...

When the Sooners win a game against your team, you make a $5 donation to the Semper Fi Fund for Injured Marines ( http://www.semperfifund.org/ ).

IF your team wins a game against the Sooners, I'll make a $5 donation in your name to a similarly-structured charity of your choice.

Either way it goes, our troops benefit.

Any takers?

---Lori

OU4LIFE
9/28/2007, 01:36 PM

he's having NO problem bending over however.

Ash
9/28/2007, 01:36 PM
...the last two years it has resulted in a bow tie for me and a Longhorn throw pillow for the office.

Could you be any gheyer, Lid?

Landthief 1972
9/28/2007, 01:45 PM

I have a wager with another frequent poster on here.. the last two years it has resulted in a bow tie for me and a Longhorn throw pillow for the office.

I knew it - Lid is Tucker Carlson. :texan:

http://abclocal.go.com/images/kgo/cms_exf_2005/news/amusement/entertainment/tucker_carlson_dancing_stars_ss_081406.jpg

Stoop Dawg
9/28/2007, 03:22 PM
So far, he's missed two PATs and a make-able 30 something yarder last week. Luckily, we may not need him in a pinch.
You should never miss a PAT, let alone two early in the season in nice weather. I will say that I haven't paid much attention to ut's kicking game. I was laughing too hard at other aspects.

You say "he" as if Hartley is the only one on the field during a PAT or FG. I, personally, have no idea whether there was a bad snap, bad hold, or poor blocking on any of those misses.

dmcattle
9/28/2007, 06:24 PM
Auston English VS Colt Mcoy Part 2
Here are the stats for Part 1
2004 Regional Playoffs both Auston and Colts senior yrs.

Canadian 32 - Tuscola 27
Colt Mcoy 18 of 31 325 yds. 2 tds. 3 Ints.
Auston English 187 yds. on 25 carries & 3tds.

badger
9/28/2007, 06:32 PM

is THIS a better avatar, hmm?

utex74
9/28/2007, 09:34 PM
This has a lot less analysis, but it is what I tell my friends. (Texas and OU alike) As of now, I think we can score on you. But I don't think we can stop you. Hopefully that changes in the next 8 days.

sooneron
9/28/2007, 10:05 PM
You say "he" as if Hartley is the only one on the field during a PAT or FG. I, personally, have no idea whether there was a bad snap, bad hold, or poor blocking on any of those misses.
Yes, and I was referring to the kicking game. All of that factors in, it's not always Hartley as you pointed out, as well. That other He brought the He into it.

sooneron
9/28/2007, 10:08 PM
This has a lot less analysis, but it is what I tell my friends. (Texas and OU alike) As of now, I think we can score on you. But I don't think we can stop you. Hopefully that changes in the next 8 days.
I think this score will be a lot like 02. You guys get about 20-24 (maybe ;) ). We get 35 ish. I hope for more of a blow out, but this game is always weird. Paper doesn't matter.

47straight
9/29/2007, 04:19 AM

No, I apparently missed the missings. It's probably in his head, which is far worse than a physical injury for kickers, IMO.