PDA

View Full Version : Big XII rivalry games

Suerreal
9/26/2007, 11:10 PM
I'll catch hell for saying this, I'm sure, but the SEC does one thing I like.

When they split into East/West to facilitate a championship game, they paired each school with one traditional rival from the other division to play every year.

I think OU has benefitted greatly from playing A&M and Tech regularly, but giving up the annual Nebraska game was a high price to pay.

So what if the Big XII paired up teams? How would you pair them? Here's my proposed matchups:

Oklahoma - Nebraska
Texas - Colorado
Texas A&M - Missouri
Texas Tech - Kansas State
Okla State - Kansas
Baylor - Iowa State

CatfishSooner
9/26/2007, 11:39 PM
I'd like to beat Nebraski more often ...so I'm for it

ouwasp
9/26/2007, 11:56 PM
How 'bout dropping osu for Neb? I hate OU serving as a bowl game to Gundy, his kids, and their idiot fan base.

MITSooner
9/27/2007, 12:01 AM
Why don't we just play Nebraska as an OOC game the years we don't play them in conference. Is there some kind of rule against that?

snp
9/27/2007, 12:14 AM
Baylor has a 2-game winning streak going with Colorado; I'd like to see them build on it.

Crucifax Autumn
9/27/2007, 12:27 AM
Let's just play anyone we can and beat them down.

batonrougesooner
9/27/2007, 12:36 AM
How much more does OU-Texas mean now that we are both in the same division of the conference? Back in the Big 8/SWC days it was only for bragging rights. Now, more often than not, it's for a spot in the BCS and a legitimate shot at the national title.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/27/2007, 12:48 AM
Why don't we just play Nebraska as an OOC game the years we don't play them in conference. Is there some kind of rule against that?

I asked that question a few years ago, and never really got an answer. I don't see the problem with it.