PDA

View Full Version : Colorado

Octavian
9/26/2007, 06:28 PM
OU has won exactly once in Boulder since 1988.

We've got a new DE rotation to establish. We need to execute better in our kicking game...and our secondary needs to come out and lock down their passing game. We don't want a trend to start where we're giving up 300+ per game through the air.

It would also be nice to see Sam have a zero INT game.

We should roll, but we've got a few things to tune up before the RRS and hopefully we'll look sharp for the polls.

Thoughts?

jccouger
9/26/2007, 06:37 PM
I agree. This game scares me. I'd hate for our national championship dreams to end because of lack of concentration against Colorado..

Ardmore_Sooner
9/26/2007, 06:37 PM
I see a slow start offensively, but the defense will stay stout. Colorado may keep it close through the first quarter or even half, but it'll all be down field from there.

One thing that is hurting Colorado, they don't have Mason Crosby anymore. There are no more "free 3 points" for CU.

I don't think Bradford will have an INT free game, but well over 300 yards passing.

52-13 OU

tulsaoilerfan
9/26/2007, 06:49 PM
We haven't won but once in Boulder since 88 because most of the time CU had the better team, plus with the formation of the Big 12 we only play them once every 4 years in Boulder or something like that; OU will be the much better team this year and should win this game pretty handily.

PAW
9/26/2007, 07:14 PM
We don't want a trend to start where we're giving up 300+ per game through the air.

They may get 300, but they aren't going to have 50 yards rushing and its going to take about 60 attempts for them to get to 300 yards passing to go with their 2-3 interceptions. CU has a pretty good D and a not very good O.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/26/2007, 07:19 PM
They may get 300, but they aren't going to have 50 yards rushing and its going to take about 60 attempts for them to get to 300 yards passing to go with their 2-3 interceptions. CU has a pretty good D and a not very good O.

Similar to the Miami game, if they can't score any points, they aren't gonna win.

KantoSooner
9/26/2007, 07:20 PM
OU will win, but this little stretch will be interesting: CU, UT and MU. Either end of the RRS has the opportunity to be a trap game.
Happily, this team seems to be pretty focused.
Any word on Granger? He seemed to have been shaken up at Tulsa. Any lingering effects?

OKLA21FAN
9/26/2007, 07:21 PM

We've got a new DE rotation to establish. We need to execute better in our kicking game...and our secondary needs to come out and lock down their passing game. We don't want a trend to start where we're giving up 300+ per game through the air.

We should roll, but we've got a few things to tune up before the RRS and hopefully we'll look sharp for the polls.

Thoughts?
i was at that game in '88 and bent nose McCartney still has one time out remaining on the scoreboard

just sayin

Dan Thompson
9/26/2007, 07:23 PM
How is Brown doing?

Will
9/26/2007, 07:25 PM
I think it will be benifical for us to go play a road game out of the state before the RRS... OU will win because they have better talent at the skills position and all season OU has closed out games. Bob will have the team ready and focused!

devOUt
9/26/2007, 07:30 PM
I'm glad kickoff is early so their fans won't have all day to get liquored up. There's no way Stoops lets the team overlook CU. They have a decent defense but I don't see them scoring more than 14-17 points on us.

OU 31-14

Dan Thompson
9/26/2007, 07:35 PM
Colorado's stats

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2007/Internet/ranking_summary/2007000000157.HTML

snp
9/26/2007, 07:36 PM
Their receivers suck. The biggest mistmatch in this game might be our secondary vs their WR or vice versa.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/26/2007, 07:39 PM
We haven't won but once in Boulder since 88 because most of the time CU had the better team, plus with the formation of the Big 12 we only play them once every 4 years in Boulder or something like that; OU will be the much better team this year and should win this game pretty handily.Oh, those miserable 1990's!!!!!

starrca23
9/26/2007, 07:47 PM
Wow, I didn't realize that Stoops had never beaten the Buffs up there.

bigdsooner
9/26/2007, 07:47 PM
i dont see us taking the buffs lightly whatsoever. Stoops has never been one to overlook teams (i dont member the 1613 game :O ) . Since 00 OU has had a bullseye on their back, we get everybodies best punch. The 350+ air balls we gave up to tulsa was due to Paul Smith being an outstanding qb...cu doesnt have a Paul Smith, so im not concerned with that. what bothers me is that cu has been tested to a point, i know its asu and fsu but they dont exactly suck ballz either. they are descent teams with good athletes who cu hung with for awhile. I think cu will hang around for bit and give us fits with their d. But midway thru the 1st half we start to roll em up :D

OU 55
cu 17

StoopTroup
9/26/2007, 07:50 PM
Blow OUt.

bigdsooner
9/26/2007, 07:52 PM
Colorado's stats

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2007/Internet/ranking_summary/2007000000157.HTML

now that i see that cu is ranked 76th in total o, i'd like to change my perdicshun

OU 61
cu 6

;)

AlbqSooner
9/26/2007, 07:58 PM
i know its asu and fsu but they dont exactly suck ballz either. they are descent teams with good athletes who cu hung with for awhile.
Yep - they are descent teams - headed down.:D

GottaHavePride
9/26/2007, 08:03 PM

Well, he's only played them in Boulder one other time.

I think this is a good pre-Texas game. Dealing with the thin air up there will have our guys a bit gassed at the end of this game. They should feel nice and comfortable against Texas.

birddog
9/26/2007, 08:05 PM
31-7. they have some decent talent. i saw that game against fsu and they just aren't consistent enough to cause many problems. we'll have some scary moments, but again our depth just wears the hell out of teams and in the end we look pretty comfortable in the win.

bigdsooner
9/26/2007, 08:21 PM
Yep - they are descent teams - headed down.:D

dammit, ya stolt my............umm.................

SoonerStormchaser
9/26/2007, 08:22 PM
Guys, Stoops lost up there in 1999...but beat them in 03...so he's 1-1 in Boulder.

batonrougesooner
9/26/2007, 08:24 PM
Guys, Stoops lost up there in 1999...but beat them in 03...so he's 1-1 in Boulder.

Thanks, saved me the trouble.

TexasEx4OU
9/26/2007, 08:24 PM

He beat them 34-20 in 2003...in Boulder.

birddog
9/26/2007, 08:26 PM

i was there for that '99 game. i got a firsthand look at the classiness that is cu fans. my girlfriend flew over from england and we drove to boulder from okc. when we parked at the stadium some cu fans commented on my ok tag two seconds after we opened the car doors. on our way back from the stadium after the game, well, look what we have here, 4 slashed tires and every window busted out. and they WON that game.

SoonerDood
9/26/2007, 08:30 PM
well hey since 1988, we've only played there 5 times!

1990- lost to eventual National Champion 32-23.

1992- blew a 10-point lead in the 4th quarter, ended up in a 24-all tie when their kicker tried a career-long Field Goal (something like 58 yards) with a 25-mile an hour wind at his back. Kick bounced off the crossbar and in.

1994- Got killed 45-7. Gibbs was packing his bags after this one.

1999- Lost 38-24. Largest margin of defeat for Stoops until 2003.

2003- Won 34-20. Most people forget that we led 27-7, and missed numerous opportunities to put this game away- fumbling twice in the red zone, fumbling inside our own 30 and giving them a short drive touchdown, falling victim to a fake punt, bogus PI call on a Fake Field Goal.
All anyone can remember is that 15-point touchdown Clayton scored on the last play of the game.;)

Octavian
9/27/2007, 01:37 AM
I agree with those who say it's a good pre-RRS challenge.....Sam will be out of his comfort zone and the team will experience a true road environment.

Not sure why so many tripped over themselves to qualify the "1 win since '88" comment. We've haven't played a solid game in Boulder since Bosworth's final year in '86. That should change Saturday.

Someone asked about Brown's status...that's an important question not just for Saturday but for the whole year. Our RB rotation with everyone at full-go is frightening. Still, we don't have much time before Dallas to solidify our DE rotation and hopefully we'll work out any kinks in Boulder before the RRS.

OU pulls away in the 3rd quarter and makes it look good to the voters: 48-14.

Sooner74
9/27/2007, 02:12 AM
So I was thinking... If we harass the Buffalos and they run out of gas up in Colorado, do we get a extra star from the media experts of the world?

MarylandSooner
9/27/2007, 04:38 AM
OU 56 CU 10

devOUt
9/27/2007, 06:47 AM
1992- blew a 10-point lead in the 4th quarter, ended up in a 24-all tie when their kicker tried a career-long Field Goal (something like 58 yards) with a 25-mile an hour wind at his back. Kick bounced off the crossbar and in.

That game frustrated me as much as any OU game I've ever seen. CU was driving late, behind by 3 with no time outs. They moved to our 41 yard line with only a few seconds for one more play. The CU kicking team was scrambling around trying to attempt the field goal before time expired. Instead of letting them rush the field goal attempt, Gibbs called time out to "ice" the kicker. All our time out accomplished was to allow the CU kicking team to get set and the kicker gained his composure and nailed the kick. :mad:

CitySooner
9/27/2007, 08:39 AM
This game is just what the doctor ordered for Slingin' Sammy leading up to the game with the shorthorns. His first true road game in a hostile drunken inviroment against a team that will come after him with linebacker blitzes all day. If the fluffaloes have anything, it is strong play at this position. Kevin Wilson will mix it up enough to keep them confused, our offensive line will wear them out, and the defense will create mucho turnovers to make an early close contest into another rout. The Crimson of Oklahoma will roll into Dallas ready to finally put the universe back in it's proper order.

OU 49
CU 13

L Buff
9/27/2007, 09:37 AM

Yes he did ... in 2003 ... 34-20.

Never mind ... delete this.

Lone Starr Buckeye
9/27/2007, 09:48 AM
Yes he did ... in 2003 ... 34-20.

Never mind ... delete this.

I see your about as popular around here as I am.. LOL

birddog
9/27/2007, 09:52 AM
i wouldn't sweat it. some people are a little sensitive about outsiders posting here. sometimes it's warranted and sometimes they're just being paranoid.

Lone Starr Buckeye
9/27/2007, 09:56 AM
i wouldn't sweat it. some people are a little sensitive about outsiders posting here. sometimes it's warranted and sometimes they're just being paranoid.

Understood and completely acceptable. I got peppered yesterday with the <neg> spek or rep. Felt like a crimonole. :(

stoopified
9/27/2007, 10:16 AM
We haven't won but once in Boulder since 88 because most of the time CU had the better team, plus with the formation of the Big 12 we only play them once every 4 years in Boulder or something like that; OU will be the much better team this year and should win this game pretty handily.
Exactly.Blake and Gibbs couldn't beat CU,but Bob ain't them.

JohnnyMack
9/27/2007, 10:28 AM

Pretty meaningless since we've only played there once since 1999.

We've got a new DE rotation to establish.

DE got a little thinner and a little less experienced. Nothing we can do about that now other than to just plug in Davis, Beal et al and see how they respond.

We need to execute better in our kicking game

True.

...and our secondary needs to come out and lock down their passing game. We don't want a trend to start where we're giving up 300+ per game through the air.

Don't expect to see much more out of our D than what you saw against TU. Don't think Bob & BV will tip their hand the week before Saxet. Hawkins will be watching the Fiesta Bowl tape from last year and he'll try and throw everything but the kitchen sink at us. Luckily they don't have enough talent or depth to make me that worried.

He's still making good decisions on about 8 out of 10 plays. I'd say he's doing fine. I do like that he gets a hostile road environment game before he heads to the Cotton Bowl.

Basically we need to keep everyone healthy and get our new DE rotation lined out. No point in playing CB this week.

Thoughts?

42 - 21.

Desert Sapper
9/27/2007, 11:14 AM
I think this could very easily become a trap game. It is on the road a week before RRS. Hawkins will definitely try to 'trickerize' us. Hopefully the D will stay home, not overpursue, and close off whatever gaps and lanes open up. Our O could have a good game, depending on what's available. I don't see us rushing for much, but a good game through the air is doable. Overall, as long as this team maintains its business-like better each week mentality, it shouldn't be a problem and we'll roll into Dallas 5-0.

L Buff
9/27/2007, 12:22 PM
I think this could very easily become a trap game. It is on the road a week before RRS. Hawkins will definitely try to 'trickerize' us. Hopefully the D will stay home, not overpursue, and close off whatever gaps and lanes open up. Our O could have a good game, depending on what's available. I don't see us rushing for much, but a good game through the air is doable. Overall, as long as this team maintains its business-like better each week mentality, it shouldn't be a problem and we'll roll into Dallas 5-0.

Well .. at least it's nice to see (most of) you guys are taking CU seriously. Looking at this board earlier in the week, I was beginning to wonder if you all knew you had a game this Saturday. :confused:

9/27/2007, 12:32 PM
You never know if the TEAM is taking the opposition seriously, but it should help that it's a conference game.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/27/2007, 12:34 PM

Thoughts?

Defensively, CU will be better than Tulsa, but IMO no better than Miami. We'll score plenty unless they have the game of their lives. (Though note, the game got out of hand late w/ Miami... I don't expect us necessarily to put up more than 35 points. That would still be a good offensive performance.)

Offensively, lil' Hawk ain't close to bein' the QB we saw in Paul Smith. Smith is faster, tougher to bring down, makes better decisions, is more accurate, and has a stronger arm. And in fact, Tulsa's skill position talent all around on offense might be superior to CU's.

I've been waaaaaaaaay wrong before, but my feeling is after facing that stacks-o-spaghetti mess of an aerial assault offense last week, CU's spread is going to appear to be in slow motion for our defense.

OU 31
CU 6

(Edit: But yes, overlooking them could alter everything drastically, and that can happen with a relatively young team. But I don't think with THIS young team. So far, maturity beyond their years has been their modus operandi.)

bosworthsteroidmafia
9/27/2007, 12:34 PM
I think that falling behind Tulsa early was the best thing that could have happened to this team. IMO, it made them quickly realize that they are not completely invincible (it also gave me an eerie feeling of deja vu). With the fast start that this team has gotten, I was concerned about the possibility that they would not have to play from behind until texass or the end of the season. I really like how they responded instead of being shell-shocked.

Hawkins is definitely going to have the buffs chucking the ball and will probably break out a number of trick plays. I think it is important for OU to stomp on them early and not let them think they have a chance. In fact, I think CU's only chance is getting an early lead and riding that momentum. In the end, though, OU is way deeper and more talented and should win with relative ease.

OU - 49
CU - 13

GoState
9/27/2007, 12:36 PM
I agree. This game scares me. I'd hate for our national championship dreams to end because of lack of concentration against Colorado..

Agreed. I'd prefer for it to end because of OU's lack of concentration against Oklahoma State. Of course, it would probably take OU experiencing a complete lack of concentration, shin splints, and dengue fever for OSU to win. ;-)

9/27/2007, 12:47 PM
Agreed. I'd prefer for it to end because of OU's lack of concentration against Oklahoma State. Of course, it would probably take OU experiencing a complete lack of concentration, shin splints, and dengue fever for OSU to win. ;-)Ag, you should probably wait a few week to discuss the grand ****** game. This is the Colorado game, played in only 2 days.

toast
9/27/2007, 12:51 PM
Agreed. I'd prefer for it to end because of OU's lack of concentration against Oklahoma State. Of course, it would probably take OU experiencing a complete lack of concentration, shin splints, and dengue fever for OU not to cover. ;-)

fixed.

CobraKai
9/27/2007, 01:07 PM
Agreed. I'd prefer for it to end because of OU's lack of concentration against Oklahoma State. Of course, it would probably take OU experiencing a complete lack of concentration, shin splints, and dengue fever for OSU to win. ;-)

Or we could just suit up Jenni Carlson. I'm pretty sure that would get your team sufficiently motivated. :)

JohnnyMack
9/27/2007, 01:15 PM
Defensively, CU will be better than Tulsa, but IMO no better than Miami. We'll score plenty unless they have the game of their lives. (Though note, the game got out of hand late w/ Miami... I don't expect us necessarily to put up more than 35 points. That would still be a good offensive performance.)

Offensively, lil' Hawk ain't close to bein' the QB we saw in Paul Smith. Smith is faster, tougher to bring down, makes better decisions, is more accurate, and has a stronger arm. And in fact, Tulsa's skill position talent all around on offense might be superior to CU's.

I've been waaaaaaaaay wrong before, but my feeling is after facing that stacks-o-spaghetti mess of an aerial assault offense last week, CU's spread is going to appear to be in slow motion for our defense.

Watching Colorado's talent level right now is like watching your Grandmother deteriorate with Alzheimer's. It's just sad.

BuffVisitor
9/27/2007, 01:25 PM
I think that falling behind Tulsa early was the best thing that could have happened to this team. IMO, it made them quickly realize that they are not completely invincible (it also gave me an eerie feeling of deja vu). With the fast start that this team has gotten, I was concerned about the possibility that they would not have to play from behind until texass or the end of the season. I really like how they responded instead of being shell-shocked.

Hawkins is definitely going to have the buffs chucking the ball and will probably break out a number of trick plays. I think it is important for OU to stomp on them early and not let them think they have a chance. In fact, I think CU's only chance is getting an early lead and riding that momentum. In the end, though, OU is way deeper and more talented and should win with relative ease.

OU - 49
CU - 13

I doubt you see much trickery. I mean, we may break out something that's a little unusual, but we've been playing pretty straight up for the most part. And when we have gone for the tricks, it just hasn't worked out very well. We have some really good players on D, but we are really young on O. Thing is, some of our true freshman are among our most talented players. We will be starting one of those guys on the O line on Saturday. We have a couple of receivers that are very talented true frosh. We have a RS frosh receiver, a walk-on, who is pretty great. Cody Hawkins is very well thought of among the team and our fans, and although he's not making the show that yours is, most people think he's going to be a gamer for us, myself included. He has a tendency to rely on his accuracy, which is good, and try to thread the ball into heavy coverage, hence the interceptions. He's a super smart kid, and I think he knows he shouldn't do that against your team. Against ASU he made some great, very catchable balls, but our receivers had the dropsies. His stats would be a lot better if they'd caught some of those passes, obviously. Personally, I'm hoping for a good game. I'm not deluded enough to think we'll win, but with a really young team on offense that has a lot of potential it makes it really hard to make a valid prediction in terms of score. Hopefully our D shows up. You guys are just sick with that average score.

Anyway, this is a great game for you guys in the sense that it will be loud and crazy at Folsom and it will be great experience for your younger guys before going to TX. However, I wouldn't be surprised if CU gives you more than TX does this year. That is the one prediction I feel comfortable making.
CU doesn't have a lot of quit in them, and the team is regaining a lot of its fan support. Even though everyone knows we're probably getting stomped, I will bet you see a great crowd.

TheUnnamedSooner
9/27/2007, 01:36 PM
59-0

Desert Sapper
9/27/2007, 02:48 PM
I doubt you see much trickery. I mean, we may break out something that's a little unusual, but we've been playing pretty straight up for the most part. And when we have gone for the tricks, it just hasn't worked out very well.

Could it be that big Dan was saving it for this game?

kevpks
9/27/2007, 11:38 PM
I am so ready for this game. I am a transplanted Sooner working on a graduate degree and the only football at my school is INTRAMURALS. I can't wait to see some DIVISION ONE FOOTBALL on Saturday. It was worth dropping some extra cash to see the Sooner games. I mean IT'S THE BIG XII............brotha.

OK2LA
9/27/2007, 11:48 PM
Dealing with the thin air up there will have our guys a bit gassed at the end of this game.

They have thin air in Colorado?

Crucifax Autumn
9/27/2007, 11:49 PM
63-5

kevpks
9/28/2007, 12:04 AM
63-5

5? How do you envision the safety happening?

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2007, 12:56 AM
Intentional...After a bad snap.

SoonerKnight
9/28/2007, 12:08 PM
I think this will be the first game that OU will have a shutout! they will score often and it will be a blowout. I live in Colorado sadly and this team is not good on the offense and the D ok whatever but Oklahoma is a a way higher level right now and can make a really crappy O look crappy. As for their D we have an offense that wears teams down and that D will be on the field a lot.

score 56-0 OU WINS!!!

soonerloyal
9/28/2007, 04:20 PM
Why oh WHY am I paying an extra $120 seasonal and $5 monthly for CFB coverage to Brighthouse and I can only see the OU vs. CU game tomorrow at 10 p.m.?!

Isn't the civilized world getting to see it at 12:30 CT/1:30 ET???

StuIsTheMan
9/28/2007, 04:25 PM
2002-December 7at No. 14 Colorado (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/clubhouse?collegeId=38&sport=ncf) W 29-7 (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=223410038) 11-2 (7-2)
2003- October 25at Colorado (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/clubhouse?collegeId=38&sport=ncf) W 34-20 (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=232980038) 8-0 (4-0)

Is it just my math or is that two wins here

silverwheels
9/28/2007, 04:32 PM
2002-December 7at No. 14 Colorado (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/clubhouse?collegeId=38&sport=ncf) W 29-7 (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=223410038) 11-2 (7-2)
2003- October 25at Colorado (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/clubhouse?collegeId=38&sport=ncf) W 34-20 (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=232980038) 8-0 (4-0)

Is it just my math or is that two wins here

The first one was the 2002 Big 12 Championship in Houston.

So we've won in Boulder once since 1988.

hOlden caUlfield...
9/28/2007, 05:59 PM
sorry if this has been asked or if it's a stupid question in general. does anyone know where the game will be televised? it doesn't say on espn.com or soonersports.com? thanks, if you can help.

snp
9/28/2007, 06:17 PM
sorry if this has been asked or if it's a stupid question in general. does anyone know where the game will be televised? it doesn't say on espn.com or soonersports.com? thanks, if you can help.

FSN.

hOlden caUlfield...
9/28/2007, 06:52 PM
thanks buddy!

aurorasooner
9/28/2007, 07:56 PM
I see a lot of people predicting we score a bunch. After reading this....?
Sooners offense might meet its match in Colorado
Email this article E-MAIL
Print this Print
Comment 0 User comments

Posted: September 28, 2007

BOULDER, Colo. (AP) -- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops isn't counting on his Sooners piling on the points this weekend like they've been doing for the last month.

The third-ranked Sooners (4-0) lead the nation in scoring with a whopping 61.5 average and have scored 50-plus points in four straight games for the second time in school history.

Quarterback Sam Bradford, a redshirt freshman and the nation's second-rated passer, leads the way with 15 TD passes and just two interceptions.

The Buffaloes (2-2) and linebacker Jordon Dizon, the nation's leading tackler, have stifled their last two opponents, limiting Florida State to 221 yards of offense and Miami of Ohio to 139.

Their last three opponents have completed just 43.7 percent of their passes.

"They're one of the better defenses last year that we played against and one of the better ones we've seen again all this year," Stoops said. "They're solid and physical. I think Dizon is one of the better 'backers, for sure, in the league."

Colorado is stout against the run. The last opponent to rush for more than 100 yards in Boulder was Kansas State's Alan Webb in 2004. Colorado State's Kyle Bell gained 135 yards on the Buffs at Invesco Field in Denver this season, yet it took him 40 carries to do it (3.4 yard average) and 25 of the carries went for 3 yards or less.

"This isn't the rhetoric talk. They're going to be one of the best defenses we play all year," Oklahoma offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson said. "Allen (Patrick) had 100 yards last year. It took him 35 carries. They don't give up a lot of big plays.

"They bring some pressure, but they try to keep everything in front of you, make you snap it again, make you go the distance. They're very physical, good tackles. This will be a four-quarter, to-the-wire defensive struggle on our part."

Yet, the Buffs haven't faced the likes of the high-octane Sooners, either.

"There are no real weaknesses; they can throw it, they can run it, they are big up front, they've got speed, they've got receivers, running backs," Buffaloes coach Dan Hawkins said, returning the compliments of his Oklahoma counterparts.

"Same thing on defense, big and fast. Very good in the kicking game, all the way around: kickers, punters, returners, very solid."

The Buffs can't count on the Sooners looking past them to the big showdown with Texas next week, either.

"It's not hard for us" to keep the focus on the Buffs with Texas on the horizon, said Sooners center Jon Cooper. "Colorado has a great defense and if we overlook that, they are going to come and hit us in the mouth and give us all we want. So we have to focus every bit of energy on them this week."

They're good at that. The Sooners are 7-0 since 2000 in games leading up to their game with the Longhorns.

"To beat Texas and do nothing else the rest of the year, do you think anyone at Oklahoma is getting patted on the back? Heck no," Stoops said. "We're about winning them all, winning championships, winning the Big 12. That's the only reason around here you get a championship ring, you get patted on the back or you've done something good. You've got to beat Colorado to have a chance to keep doing that."

Hawkins said he's not necessarily scheming to rattle Bradford. After all, his own son, Cody, is a redshirt freshman quarterback who displays poise in the pocket more often than he shows his inexperience.

"I don't know if you can always bank on that," Dan Hawkins said. "I look at Cody and I wouldn't assume that against him. He's a young guy, but I don't know if you're going to rattle him or going to confuse him too much. He's pretty dialed in, and so I think Bradford is the same way."

This will, however, be the first game Bradford and Sooners running back DeMarco Murray will have played outside the state of Oklahoma.

"It's going to be fun being at someone else's house," Murray said.

Not if Colorado's defenders have anything to say about it.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=278783
A classic from the past.http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6896/screenshot010nr9.jpg

aurorasooner
9/28/2007, 10:28 PM
also, It looks like it's going to be windy and Folsom Prison is nasty with a swirling wind. Our OL needs to assert itself early and take control of this game. http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3/screenshot016ou7.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2007, 02:37 AM
We'll kill' em, wind or not. Sam zips the ball pretty fast on the shorter routes and our running game is enough to beat someone as weak as CU...those guys couldn't beat a team of door knobs in Sooner uniforms.

olevetonahill
9/29/2007, 03:04 AM
Ok Ive read alot of this thread . Now the dude that started it said weve only Beat em once in boulder , since 88 Or whatever
Do Yall realise that the King lost ONCE to em . It was at there house but it was ONCE
Soonerstats.com is yer frien .
I say 63-3 OU