PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas fans never fail to amaze me!

The_Red_Patriot
9/26/2007, 02:29 PM
This from Razorbacktalk.com

The Zookification of Nutt banner will fly this weekend!!

The first banner will read: PLAYERS & FANS DESERVE BETTER - FIRE NUTT! And it WILL FLY this weekend against N. Texas (Weather and wind permitting). Look for it between 1:45pm-2:30pm. They're giving us more flight time (45 minutes) because a local TV station is using the plane after 2:30pm.

Here's what you will get for the contribution:

The airplane banner will fly over the tailgate areas, Road Hog park, Razorback Rd., Tyson Poultry center, & stadium. They're going to do it for us for under $700.00 per game. For each additional game, they'll cut the price to $650.00

I absolutely want to do Auburn/South Carolina in Fayetteville and MSU in Little Rock ($2,100.00).

If we do N. Texas and Chattanooga also the total will be $3,500.00. With

I have to give them about 2-3 days notice and it IS possible to use different banner copy for each game.

Once we have the funds in place, I will host a poll thread to determine what is on the banner for the coming game. There is a limit of 35 characters for the banner (spaces not included).

Future banners will be comical and use sayings like:

HEY NUTT: PASS THE BALL - NOT THE BUCK

THERE'S NUTTIN LIKE BEING 0-2 IN CONFERENCE

EXPERTS AGREE - THE WRONG COACH LEFT

PLEASE KEEP NUTT - SIGNED NICK SABAN

EVEN MSU BEAT AUBURN! ( If we lose to Auburn)

HEY FRANK! GOT A GOOD FIRING LEFT IN YOU?

1.2 MIL FOR A SUNBELT CHAMPIONSHIP?

mdklatt
9/26/2007, 02:33 PM
If we do N. Texas and Chattanooga also the total will be $3,500.00

Is it in the conference bylaws or something that all SEC teams must schedule AA opponents every year? :rolleyes:

Crimson Kid
9/26/2007, 03:05 PM
They also want half of our coaching staff.

busynothings
9/26/2007, 04:06 PM
Yeah. I live in Springdale and like to visit one of their boards a lot. They really want our coaches. They hate us, but they want our coaches.

stoopified
9/26/2007, 04:12 PM
Hawgs?Why does anyone care ?I never have understood why Tulsa TV stations give them egual billing with OU,TU,OSU.Yeah I knowsome area kids go play there but so what?OKC area kids often go play for KU,KSU but there ain't no SUNFLOWER worship.In the big picture it only hurts TU.

Widescreen
9/26/2007, 04:13 PM
Kind of puts to shame the For Sale signs we put in Gibbs' yard.

Widescreen
9/26/2007, 04:14 PM
Hawgs?Why does anyone care ?I never have understood why Tulsa TV stations give them egual billing with OU,TU,OSU.Yeah I knowsome area kids go play there but so what?OKC area kids often go play for KU,KSU but there ain't no SUNFLOWER worship.In the big picture it only hurts TU.
Fayetteville is closer to Tulsa than Norman.

mdklatt
9/26/2007, 04:55 PM
Kind of puts to shame the For Sale signs we put in Gibbs' yard.

There were aerial banners as well.

Purple Tiger
9/27/2007, 06:12 AM
They also claim Ryan Mallet as a local boy and say he would have gone to Arkansas if not for Nutt.

OUTrumpet
9/27/2007, 07:07 AM
Is it in the conference bylaws or something that all SEC teams must schedule AA opponents every year? :rolleyes:

Chattanooga = South Carolina Gamecocks doesn't it?

OKLA21FAN
9/27/2007, 07:18 AM
Fayetteville is closer to Tulsa than Norman.
and we all know that Tulsa > OKC :pop:

MextheBulldog
9/27/2007, 09:08 AM
Chattanooga = South Carolina Gamecocks doesn't it?

No, Arky actually plays Tenn-Chattanooga...

Frozen Sooner
9/27/2007, 09:35 AM
Well, it's not like we weren't doing pretty much the same thing in Gibbs' final year.

busynothings
9/27/2007, 09:58 AM

The Tulsa stations have viewers in Arkansas. It's really part of their viewing area. We have KTUL in NWA, thankfully. After Cox ditches the local ABC affiliate Sunday, it will be our only ABC.

I've lived most of my life on one side of the border or the other, and dual coverage by both Tulsa and Ft. Smith/Fayetteville stations has always been a fact of life. I wouldn't want to change it.

sooneron
9/27/2007, 10:45 AM
Well, it's not like we weren't doing pretty much the same thing in Gibbs' final year.
Yeah, but WE deserved better. They don't.

RedRum
9/28/2007, 05:46 PM
I'm a recent transplant from Norman to the NW Arkansas area, and the guys in my office are ****in' in their pants excited about those banners.
Nutt is not well liked here.

BudSooner
9/28/2007, 06:07 PM
Damn 8 pages and no appearance by OzarkSuperFrog????

My cousin is slipping, must be that pesky teaching job....dammit Kyle where are you? :D

soonerboomer93
9/28/2007, 07:22 PM
Yeah, but WE deserved better. They don't.

Man does have a point...

soonersn2007
9/28/2007, 07:56 PM
As I live in Arkansas now, hawg fans might finally get their wish. With Broyles retiring, his job security might not be so good now.

AllAboutThe'O'
9/29/2007, 12:28 AM
The Tulsa stations have viewers in Arkansas. It's really part of their viewing area. We have KTUL in NWA, thankfully. After Cox ditches the local ABC affiliate Sunday, it will be our only ABC.

I've lived most of my life on one side of the border or the other, and dual coverage by both Tulsa and Ft. Smith/Fayetteville stations has always been a fact of life. I wouldn't want to change it.

I would rather watch KTUL than KHOG, if you want my honest opinion. KHOG is too Northwest Arkansas and Fort Smith-centric for my tastes. They pretty much have to be dragged kicking and screaming into Oklahoma to cover something.

If there's one thing I will miss about not getting KHOG after this week, it's the 11:30 SEC games on Jefferson Pilot (now Lincoln Financial but I still call it JP) package.

AllAboutThe'O'
9/29/2007, 12:31 AM
They also claim Ryan Mallet as a local boy and say he would have gone to Arkansas if not for Nutt.
Kodi Burns of Fort Smith, now at Auburn, could have easily been a Hog as well.

To me, I think that's Nutt's biggest downfall. Not so much the inconsistency, the poor big-game and bowl-game performances and the look of a Chinese fire drill on the sidelines during crunch time, it's the fact that he's let a number of in-state studs get away.

I'm a UA alum, and while I like both teams, I cheer for the Sooners more. But it will be a great day in my household if Nutt resigns or is fired.

goingoneight
9/29/2007, 12:32 AM
and we all know that Tulsa > OKC :pop:

Surrrrrre... :rolleyes: :D

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2007, 02:19 AM
I've fired a few nutts in my time.

Purple Tiger
9/29/2007, 05:01 AM
Kodi Burns of Fort Smith, now at Auburn, could have easily been a Hog as well.

To me, I think that's Nutt's biggest downfall. Not so much the inconsistency, the poor big-game and bowl-game performances and the look of a Chinese fire drill on the sidelines during crunch time, it's the fact that he's let a number of in-state studs get away.

I'm a UA alum, and while I like both teams, I cheer for the Sooners more. But it will be a great day in my household if Nutt resigns or is fired.
I never heard Arkansas mentioned when Mallet commited to Michigan the summer before his senior year. Why doesn't OU/Arky play each other? Border states with the same recruiting base etc.

Geekboy
9/29/2007, 06:00 AM
Nutt definitely out after this year. The pigs will go after Chris Peterson (Boise State).

PrideTrombone
9/29/2007, 07:24 AM
Nutt definitely out after this year. The pigs will go after Chris Peterson (Boise State).

Didnt Nutt come from BSU? Why go to that well again when you didnt like the first guy from there?

AllAboutThe'O'
9/29/2007, 02:05 PM
Didnt Nutt come from BSU? Why go to that well again when you didnt like the first guy from there?
Yeah, he was there one year at BSU before going to Arkansas. And it seems like coaches who leave BSU struggle. Koetter struggled at Arizona State before getting fired and Dan Hawkins won just two games his first year at CU. I don't see Peterson going anywhere for a while anyway; he likes it up there and if he does leave, it'll probably be at a Pac-10 school.

AllAboutThe'O'
9/29/2007, 02:08 PM
I never heard Arkansas mentioned when Mallet commited to Michigan the summer before his senior year. Why doesn't OU/Arky play each other? Border states with the same recruiting base etc.
Well, Mallett was pretty much out of the picture once the Hogs got Mustain. Basically, the reason they hired Gus Malzahn was to get Mustain, because Nutt was facing a major PR blunder if he didn't get arguably the nation's top high-school player who was right in their backyard.
But Nutt, being the goofball he is, blundered anyway with his mishandling of both Mustain and Malzahn and lost both to other schools.

ArkanSooner
9/29/2007, 02:46 PM
This place is an absolute zoo. I get quite a bit of schadenfreude every weekend after a Hog loss.

Not only are the insane (see: the flyover, the freedom of information act requests, etc.), they are delusional. Ask a random Hog fan who they want to get as Nutt's replacement, and you'll hear "Steve Spurrier" or "Bob Stoops" or "Jimmy Johnson."

AllAboutThe'O'
9/29/2007, 02:51 PM
This place is an absolute zoo. I get quite a bit of schadenfreude every weekend after a Hog loss.

Not only are the insane (see: the flyover, the freedom of information act requests, etc.), they are delusional. Ask a random Hog fan who they want to get as Nutt's replacement, and you'll hear "Steve Spurrier" or "Bob Stoops" or "Jimmy Johnson."

Thank god I'm not one of those delusional Hog fans that just want to throw a name out of left field up on the wall and see if it sticks. It was the same way when they were searching for the new AD: People were saying "Jimmy Johnson," "Ken Hatfield" and even "Jerry Jones."