PDA

View Full Version : Anyone catch 1st and Ten today?

blackbeauty02
9/26/2007, 02:12 PM
By chance I was channel surfing and ran into ESPN's 1st and Ten. I couldn't find it online to post...yet. But, boy is it good (not to mention true). The two guys on there pretty much make fun of Gumby and OSU. OSU fans are going to be ****ed off and boycott ESPN now too as they appear to be trying to do over at orangepowerless.com with the DOK.

Widescreen
9/26/2007, 02:23 PM
ESPN won't likely go under due to the loss of 100 viewers.

stoopified
9/26/2007, 04:00 PM
ESPN won't likely go under due to the loss of 100 viewers.
I'll bet it coast them at least 250.Them farmers got indoor plumbing(some of them anyhow) and PLOW(aggy version of DISH). :)

swardboy
9/26/2007, 04:04 PM
And Jim Rome went off on Gundy too on "Rome Is Burnng".....sounded like a 5 year old kid who gets punked by all the other 5 year old kids on the playground....it will follow him forever.....said Jenni Carlson asked him to show her which parts of the article were factually incorrect and he said he didn't have to....wow.

soonerloyal
9/26/2007, 06:06 PM
Yeah -when my 87-year-old, Southern Belle OSU-Alumni grandmother is making fun of someone like she is Mike Gundy, you know the guy really made an azz out of himself.

I was fussing about how her new housekeeper wasn't doing nearly what she was paid to do, and she yelled "She's just a good KID!! Come after ME, I'm 87 years OLD! Makes me want to puke!!".

After about five minutes of rolling on the floor LMAO, I was able to pick up the phone and start the conversation again...

SOONER STEAKER
9/26/2007, 06:47 PM
Yes they all went off on Gundy. But they all also added that many kids will want to play for Gundy because they will know that Gundy has their backs.

TexasEx4OU
9/26/2007, 06:51 PM
I'm starting to miss the winless Domers as a media topic...

SoonerEmpire
9/26/2007, 06:53 PM
Anyone catch Tim Layden's article about the whole situation? From everything I've read thus far, it is, in my opinion, the best and most common-sense argument AGAINST Gundy's rant so far. Very good points, I thought!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/tim_layden/09/26/fairgame/index.html

TopDawg
9/26/2007, 07:11 PM
Yes they all went off on Gundy. But they all also added that many kids will want to play for Gundy because they will know that Gundy has their backs.

The only back that Gundy was looking out for on this was his own.

Piware
9/26/2007, 07:52 PM
The only back that Gundy was looking out for on this was his own.

True dat! Did Jenni Carlson blow smoke up Reid's backside and make him think he was going to be the greatest QB that ever took the field in the Stool? No, that was Gumby.

Did Jenni Carlson make that statement that "Bobby is our man" and players don't lose their jobs due to injury? Nope, Gundy again.

Did JC park his backside on the bench and refuse to make an announcement as to why?
Nope, you guessed it. It was The Hair that broke Reid's little heart.

Was JC the first one to observe that Gumby is a robot, Reid looks like he is scared, indecisive, injury prone? Nope, that was those ever so true, bleed orange, our future is bright bozos on the message boards. They had been ragging about it since the Troy game and now they are ****ed that someone else says the same thing? Just no understanding Poke logic - but then again that implies intellect.

If "kids" want to play for him they better know the whole story. Prepare to be super-hyped but when the heat is on him to play someone else, you will be left holding the bag - and it may contain chicken.

toast
9/26/2007, 07:58 PM

the smart ones however will want to play for a winning team and a supportive coach.

blackbeauty02
9/26/2007, 08:02 PM
Anyone catch Tim Layden's article about the whole situation? From everything I've read thus far, it is, in my opinion, the best and most common-sense argument AGAINST Gundy's rant so far. Very good points, I thought!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/tim_layden/09/26/fairgame/index.html

wow...good story. what cracks me up the most is how osu fans are thinking he is a god now for what he did. If that was Stoops I guaran-damn-tee you that their whole board would have been full of Stoops is an a-hole for what he did.

Piware
9/26/2007, 08:05 PM
wow...good story. what cracks me up the most is how osu fans are thinking he is a god now for what he did. If that was Stoops I guaran-damn-tee you that their whole board would have been full of Stoops is an a-hole for what he did.

Their whole board is full of Stoops is an a-hole (or you can substitute David Boren, Joe Castiglione) and he supported the Hair. They think this is a huge OU conspiracy executed by the Gaylords. Idiots!

Soonrboy
9/26/2007, 09:36 PM
hasn't Stoops come out and said he supported what Gundy did/said? I can't go read something called orangpower.com, so I'll just take my answer off the air, thanks.

goingoneight
9/26/2007, 10:07 PM
What's funny is they'll probably be 5-6 or 6-5 going into Norman and their fans will go from "supporting Gundy" to "fire Gundy."

They are the same fanbase that spent months hating on Bob Stoops for sticking up for his players after the Texas Tech and Oregon fiascos. When Stoops said his peace and "we're not going to address that anymore" shortly after those incidents.

I don't know what to think. A part of me thinks Gundy was right, a bigger part of me realizes he was under heavy criticism for not being emotional all last week. So he drums up a speech and gets on National TV and bang! He's back on everyone's good side. Was he just taking some of the "fire Gundy" heat off of him? Let's be honest... this is not the first, and certainly not the last derrogatory column that will be written.

Reid is to OSU what PT was to OU. He seems to be a dedicated kid who is very much respected by his teammates. He has been on the field as an "athlete" laying down blocks and catching passes and stuff. I remember how everyone in the media bashed PT after TCU and had to swallow their pride when he won a BIG 12 Title a year later.

Don't listen to what OSU fans are saying. Many of them were saying the exact same if not worse things Jenni Carlson wrote prior to the Tech game on their boards and many of them publicly. I have many OSU fan friends who engaged in a post-Troy conversation calling Bobby Reid a "f_ck up" and many talked about Gundy calling him a "****** with no emotion, idiot, bad coach," etc.

birddog
9/26/2007, 10:30 PM

that's fine. he can have all the soft players he wants. hard-nosed players looking to be millionaires will play for a coach that turns them into champions AND has their backs by helping them become better players.

goingoneight
9/26/2007, 10:33 PM
What makes people think Stoops and all of the top coaches (minus Les Miles) won't have their players' backs?

birddog
9/26/2007, 10:36 PM
What makes people think Stoops and all of the top coaches (minus Les Miles) won't have their players' backs?
that's what i'm trying to figure out. and what does that mean? he won't let people criticize them? if a teacher yells at them gundy will storm in there and tell the teacher he/she makes him want to puke?

classof88
9/26/2007, 11:06 PM
September 22, 2007------a date, which live in aggie infamy...bwhaaahahaha.

Doged
9/26/2007, 11:25 PM
Ya know, the message board 'pokes demanding to know Carlson's sources is whole lot like OJ searching for the real killer.