PDA

View Full Version : help please

Sonner magic923
9/26/2007, 01:31 PM
my friend and i want to go to the RRS for our first time but don't want to sell a kidney for the tix so any advice on this subject would certainly be appreciated

usmc-sooner
9/26/2007, 01:33 PM
give bone marrow instead.

FtwTxSooner
9/26/2007, 01:43 PM
Slip a ticket attendant at the game a handful of $20s. That may get you through. Or hope K-State beats texas. Then show up at the fair, and i'm sure there will be quite a few people in orange willing to give up their tickets for cheap.

FaninAma
9/26/2007, 01:48 PM
You could sell half of your liver. Those grow back, you know.

OUDoc
9/26/2007, 01:52 PM
Depends on your gender.
Or Lid will take you either way. ;)

fadada1
9/26/2007, 02:13 PM
start donating plasma now for the 2008 game.

frankensooner
9/26/2007, 02:29 PM
Radio stations sometimes have give-aways. Good luck.

tommieharris91
9/26/2007, 02:36 PM
Sell a kidney, maybe?

Stoop Dawg
9/26/2007, 02:47 PM
Pay the carnie at the fair to let you stay on the ferris wheel for 3 hours. For a little extra $$$ you might get him to occasionally stop it while you're at the top. How long & often you stop at the top depends on how much $$$ you're willing to spend.

YWIA.

Stoop Dawg
9/26/2007, 02:47 PM
Bring a telescope and sneak onto the roof of one of the buildings downtown.

YWIA

TexasLidig8r
9/26/2007, 03:00 PM
Depends on your gender.
Or Lid will take you either way. ;)

Depends on if they're morally bankrupt or not Doc!

ouwapiti
9/26/2007, 03:50 PM
had a friend one time that talked a drink vendor out of his vest and just walked around until he got a view he liked!!!!...pretty creative i thought.....i think he paid $20 for it...of course this was back in the 80's

fadada1
9/26/2007, 04:03 PM
i managed to walk in free once. strolled right down the tunnel and popped into the stands. just acted like i knew what i was doing. of course, i was NEK alumni, so i kinda knew the little tricks. probably couldn't get away with it now.

try it but have a "scowel" on you face and mumble something about how you're ****ed at a vendor/camera man/director/etc... just wear something very neutral (button down with a tie, possibly).

MI Sooner
9/26/2007, 04:05 PM
I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who waited until right before kickoff to buy tickets. How much did you end up having to pay? I know prices usually drop towards gametime, but I'm always too chicken to wait around the Cotton Bowl uncertain of whether or not I'll see the game, so I stay away and watch on TV.

The last time I actually went, in 2002, I think I paid ~$350 for two terrible seats, but I nabbed them a couple of hours before game time, and since I had already flown in to see my finance, I wasn't going to miss the damn game. Now, I'm on more of a budget, and don't want to pay more than $100-$125 for one ticket. Any chance?

stoopified
9/26/2007, 04:14 PM
You could sell half of your liver. Those grow back, you know.
:)

SOONER STEAKER
9/26/2007, 04:19 PM
You will be able to get tickets at the fair. Expect to pay around $200 per ticket. There are always tickets abailable in the fair!

MikeInNorman
9/26/2007, 07:30 PM
SHORTER NAME.

BigDeezy
9/26/2007, 08:31 PM
my friend and i want to go to the RRS for our first time but don't want to sell a kidney for the tix so any advice on this subject would certainly be appreciated

I don't know, you might be better off selling the kidney -- I hear the bathrooms there are pitiful. The kidney may not help you.

Really, though. So, what are you really asking --- "I want tickets but I don't want to pay for them"? Give me a break.

85sooners
9/26/2007, 08:37 PM
I don't know, you might be better off selling the kidney -- I hear the bathrooms there are pitiful. The kidney may not help you.

Really, though. So, what are you really asking --- "I want tickets but I don't want to pay for them"? Give me a break.:D

TexasEx4OU
9/26/2007, 09:02 PM
Sell a kidney, maybe?

Mike Gundy gave me a kidney once. His exact words were, "Take mine,..I'm a man...I'm 40".

God Bless'im.

bigdsooner
9/26/2007, 09:06 PM
since youre askin, sell his kidneys......fuk him, that game is awesome. its worth losing a friend over. :D

Seamus
9/26/2007, 11:29 PM
Try a couple of knee pads and a bottle of gin to wash away the taste.

Could work, just sayin' ...

jwlynn64
9/26/2007, 11:39 PM
If both teams are undefeated, forgetaboutit. If Texas loses, you might find some but the price will be high. $100 and up (mainly up).

Up until around 2002, I was able to find tickets by going down to the fair. Since then, it has been pretty hard.

I lucked into a great ticket last year from a Soonerfans member so I don't know how hard they were to come by but the 4 or five years before that, the tickets were hard to come by.

In 2004 and 2005, there were very few to be had. A friend and I went down to the fair several hours before kickoff and only saw maybe a dozen tickets for sale. Most of those were $300 and up.

Because of the success of the programs lately, it's a risky venture but if you can find a pair, the reward is great. There is nothing betting than hitting the beer tents after another Texas defeat. ;)

In any case, good luck.

Sonner magic923
9/27/2007, 12:48 AM
If both teams are undefeated, forgetaboutit. If Texas loses, you might find some but the price will be high. $100 and up (mainly up).

Up until around 2002, I was able to find tickets by going down to the fair. Since then, it has been pretty hard.

I lucked into a great ticket last year from a Soonerfans member so I don't know how hard they were to come by but the 4 or five years before that, the tickets were hard to come by.

In 2004 and 2005, there were very few to be had. A friend and I went down to the fair several hours before kickoff and only saw maybe a dozen tickets for sale. Most of those were $300 and up.

Because of the success of the programs lately, it's a risky venture but if you can find a pair, the reward is great. There is nothing betting than hitting the beer tents after another Texas defeat. ;)

In any case, good luck.

thanks for the info sounds like getting them off the internet is the way to go