PDA

View Full Version : Any news on Katoa, Major or Brown?

insuranceman_22
9/26/2007, 11:40 AM
Just checking to see if anyone has any news on these 3 backers. Brown is updated pretty well, but I don't know much about Katoa? From Rivals and Scout it appears it's down to an OU-whoren battle..... Major, I have no idea, went to visit Wisconsin, anything new on him?
Rhino
Ninja
??

Rhino
9/26/2007, 12:11 PM
Brown is down to his top 10. I don't think he'll be making a verbal until January or so.

Major will probably attend our game this week at CU. He was at the NTexas game and enjoyed it. Haven't heard how his Wisconsin trip went.

Last word was that Katoa had us ahead of Texas, but he always tells people what they want to hear. I bet he commits to someone after OU/TX.

wdupyall
9/26/2007, 12:51 PM
Man I really want all 3 of these guys...Jon Major is a true middle linebacker which we dont have after Lofton leaves.

The Consumate Showman
9/26/2007, 12:59 PM
A. B. is supposed to commit to someone on Dec 10th...supposedly...ya know how that goes.

I think Katoa is ours to lose...literally. Rhino has it right. Beat UT, he's Norman bound...lose, well...

Major is going to have a tough decision much like Ryan Miller did last year. Stay close to home and play for a team that might reach the insight.com bowl, or come play for a contender at OU.

jccouger
9/26/2007, 01:00 PM
I'd LOOOOOOVE to get all 3. In fact if we can get these 3, and Jameel Owens then I'll be happy with recruiting this year.

The Consumate Showman
9/26/2007, 01:16 PM
^

Don't forget about Stacey McGee

snp
9/27/2007, 12:42 AM
Brown is an early graduate, so he has to decide by December 17th. I've heard nothing contrary to us in the lead.

Katoa had a great visit and it didn't hurt that he stayed with Lofton, Reynolds and I forget their other roommate, maybe English. Their house is awesome and will leave a great impact on any recruit. Last reported, he wanted to decide within a month of now and I can see him announcing after the RRS as well.

If Katoa pulls the trigger first, Major might be left out in the cold.

Rhino
9/27/2007, 01:11 AM
Forgot about AB being an early commit.

jccouger
9/27/2007, 12:08 PM
Major might be left out in the cold

Hahaha, I'm sure he could find a team that would want a 5* linebacker.

snp
9/27/2007, 12:27 PM
Hahaha, I'm sure he could find a team that would want a 5* linebacker.

Duh. I'm talking about him in relation to us.

jccouger
9/27/2007, 12:33 PM
I knew what you meant, I was just joking around...

snp
9/27/2007, 12:57 PM
Then we're all good :cool:

Sorry, first all-nighter of the semester.

insuranceman_22
9/27/2007, 09:43 PM
Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate the input!

KingDavid
9/28/2007, 01:01 AM
good 411. thanks.

The Consumate Showman
9/28/2007, 03:44 PM
Forgot about AB being an early commit.

Huh? He's going to have to Rhino. He's an early graduate. He'll be enrolling in the spring at whatever college he chooses, so he'll have to be an early commit. OU's to lose IMO.

Rhino
9/28/2007, 08:49 PM
Huh? He's going to have to Rhino. He's an early graduate. He'll be enrolling in the spring at whatever college he chooses, so he'll have to be an early commit. OU's to lose IMO. And, uh, that's why I said I forgot about him having to be...an early commit.

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
9/29/2007, 08:29 AM
Brown did not select OU for an official visit. That surely cannot be a good sign.

http://www.potentialplayers.com/news_events_detail.aspx?id=10

Cam
9/29/2007, 08:49 AM
Brown did not select OU for an official visit. That surely cannot be a good sign.

He's been to Norman enough to know what it's like. If I remember right, he was at the Miami game. This isn't much of a big deal IMO.

snp
9/29/2007, 10:59 AM

No, it doesn't mean anything. Like we said, we're still in the lead for him. He lives 2.5 hours away and has been here many times.

rynobuff
9/29/2007, 09:55 PM
A. B. is supposed to commit to someone on Dec 10th...supposedly...ya know how that goes.

I think Katoa is ours to lose...literally. Rhino has it right. Beat UT, he's Norman bound...lose, well...

Major is going to have a tough decision much like Ryan Miller did last year. Stay close to home and play for a team that might reach the insight.com bowl, or come play for a contender at OU.
:D

Rhino
9/29/2007, 11:09 PM
Except that he reportedly made a comment last week that it's between OU and Wisky.

NS5
9/30/2007, 02:58 PM
Can you say "goodbye"

snp
9/30/2007, 03:33 PM
Eh, I'm not going to try and pretend I'm some expert scout or anything but I have Major below Katoa and Brown.

wdupyall
10/1/2007, 10:52 AM
I'd take them in this order
1. Brown
2. Major
3. Katoa

I think Major would be a huge get for us, he is a ture MLB that could also play DE, has very good speed for someone of his size that plays the middle. gets downhill fast and makes lots of tackles for losses. Kotoa is an amazing player, but I think he and Arthur Brown would play the same position. We also already have Daniel Franklin, Taylor Hill, and Justin Johnson still might play LB.

The Consumate Showman
10/2/2007, 03:56 PM

The Consumate Showman
10/2/2007, 03:57 PM
And, uh, that's why I said I forgot about him having to be...an early commit.

I'm an idiot. Too many papers to grade right now? Sheesh!

The Consumate Showman
10/2/2007, 04:03 PM
:D

Go away you damned buff! :D

cb4ou
10/3/2007, 01:00 PM
For whatever it is worth I heard on CSTV that Brown really liked Bama and his parents are going to visit Kansas State.