PDA

View Full Version : K-State vs. Texas

kevpks
9/26/2007, 12:44 AM
So I am ready to start thinking about the games this week. Does K-State put up a good fight against Texas on Saturday? I haven't seen K-State play this year. They had better make a game of it. I just dropped some cash on ESPN Gameplan to avoid having to watch the Wisconsin/Mich. St. slapfight.

On a related note, the late game on Gameplan this week is Arkansas Pine Bluff vs. New Mexico State. I can't wait to see the production value on that epic battle.

Crucifax Autumn
9/26/2007, 01:01 AM
I think it'll be a close game, but Texas will put it away in the waning minutes of the game.

And that Pine Bluff game will have the production value of a late 80s prime sports presentation.

sooner n houston
9/26/2007, 07:16 AM
I'm predicting an upset here. I just have this feeling that KS is gonna squeak one out here, we'll see!

devOUt
9/26/2007, 08:27 AM
If Kstate has much of a defense, they have a shot at winning.

soonerinabilene
9/26/2007, 08:31 AM
And that Pine Bluff game will have the production value of a late 80s prime sports presentation.

And just think: Notre Dame lost AGAIN!!! Imagine how much they will talk about that in this game.

AzianSooner
9/26/2007, 08:31 AM
KSU has not won in Austin for a while but their defense play tought and decisive. This is what I would like to see. Playing against a tought fast strong defense like KSU, I wonder how many bad intercept throw from Colt and how he would adjust. Because this will predict how his behave will be next week in Dallas.

oupride
9/26/2007, 09:41 AM
KSU should win it.

schlanker
9/26/2007, 09:54 AM
I dont think KSU will win but dont be surprised if they do. They played very well at Auburn which is quite a hostile environment. Correct me if Im wrong but I think Texas had a few starters come back last week that have been out for various reasons. They might start putting this trainwreck back together.

Discuss

XingTheRubicon
9/26/2007, 09:57 AM
KSU does present a matchup problem for Texas' offense. KSU's D is pretty good and their 3-4 defense can be a nightmare for an undisciplined O-line and RB's.

2 of KSU 4 LB's will attack a gap about 70% of the time. UT will nickel and dime them to death and probably win, but Colt will probably get beat up. UT needs to be working on going over the top (for the RRR) wheel routes and anything deep. If Texas doesn't try to go deep against OU at least 8 times, Mack should be shot on the sideline in mid-clap. As far as vs. K-State, if I were them, I would pass early and keep passing and test UT's LB's and secondary.

r5TPsooner
9/26/2007, 10:38 AM
If KSU puts up a fight like they did at Auburn, should be an interesting game. Playing at Auburn is a lot tougher than playing in Austin IMO.

OUMallen
9/26/2007, 10:41 AM
KSU 17
UT 24

TexasLidig8r
9/26/2007, 11:07 AM
KSU does present a matchup problem for Texas' offense. KSU's D is pretty good and their 3-4 defense can be a nightmare for an undisciplined O-line and RB's.

2 of KSU 4 LB's will attack a gap about 70% of the time. UT will nickel and dime them to death and probably win, but Colt will probably get beat up. UT needs to be working on going over the top (for the RRR) wheel routes and anything deep. If Texas doesn't try to go deep against OU at least 8 times, Mack should be shot on the sideline in mid-clap. As far as vs. K-State, if I were them, I would pass early and keep passing and test UT's LB's and secondary.

Pretty accurate analysis.

fadada1
9/26/2007, 12:12 PM
i think tejas wins a close one, but if we've learned anything about kstate, they will put a hurtin' on a team. texas will be a little sore after this one.

Half a Hundred
9/26/2007, 12:31 PM
Regardless, be sure to bring your power towel.

hgarmorer
9/26/2007, 12:41 PM
"Mack should be shot on the sideline in mid-clap."

For some reason that's funny as hell. Made my afternoon, thanks.

sooneron
9/26/2007, 12:44 PM
mildcats - 20
UTerus - 31

devOUt
9/26/2007, 12:56 PM
i think tejas wins a close one, but if we've learned anything about kstate, they will put a hurtin' on a team. texas will be a little sore after this one.

I thought about that too. If texas doesn't protect McCoy or if he takes the same kind of hits he's taken so far this season, we may be playing against the second team QB on 10/06. Kstate usually brings the wood on defense.

KC//CRIMSON
9/26/2007, 01:12 PM
From a physical stand point, I'm glad they're playing KSU before the RRS and not us.

Those little purple bastards can hit.

Position Limit
9/26/2007, 01:31 PM
i think the line right now is -15.5. it seems high, i'm thinking of taking KSU. it's only wednesday so we should see another texas player or two arrested before saturdays game. i know it was only rice, but last week texas looked much improved from what i saw, but KSU seems to field a solid defense every year. is it just me, or does texas just seems to score on huge plays?

The Maestro
9/26/2007, 02:27 PM
It is the Horns last chance to feel good this season. After next week, it is a fight for a BCS at large bid or, dare I say it...another trip to San Diego.

KSU's battle at Auburn got real unimpressive after Auburn laid a turd against Mississippi State.

Horns cover.

Lone Starr Buckeye
9/26/2007, 02:29 PM
UT rolls this weekend. OU will roll UT though.

ouflak
9/26/2007, 03:09 PM
UT - 38, KSU -17 or thereabouts.

htownsooner7
9/26/2007, 03:22 PM
UT wins handily. I'm as big of whorn hater as any but let's not forget that they are extremely talented. And as was mentioned earlier, they got two stars back last week, Kindle and Pittman. I'm a little concerned with everyone thinking that UT is a pushover. They have great talent at WR, RB, QB, and on the D line. Their O line is young but is getting better week by week. Not real sure about the LBs and secondary. Regardless, they are a legitimate top 10 team.

bigdsooner
9/26/2007, 09:15 PM
ut 24
ksu 14

goingoneight
9/26/2007, 09:46 PM
I have not seen anyone have the luck that :mack: has had at UT since the Irish back in the day. They always seem to eek victories out of tight games and it's been years since I have seen bad officiating hurt them. K-State is a TCU-kind of team. If you come out and lay a turd for four quarters, they'll beat you up and score the upset. But if you play even half way up to your potential (as a major program), you win by two scores or more usually.

I'll take the home field by 14.

josh09
9/26/2007, 10:00 PM
UT-35
KSU-14

yep.

bring it tejas.

goingoneight
9/26/2007, 10:31 PM
I'd like for Hook 'em to have a strong showing so that they can sneak into the top 5 (undeservingly, but oh well) for the RRS. This rivalry needs to be restored to top 5 status.

ouwasp
9/26/2007, 11:41 PM
I think tex wins, and wins it big enough to placate the horn fans.

Thus setting them up for a great wailing and gnashing of teeth come Oct 6. :D

ut by 21

SCKSCat
9/27/2007, 01:25 AM
I'll go UT by 10 only because they will break a few big plays for TDs.

For a bad comparison, KSU killed UT in 1999 (35-17, with hardly any offense) and then should have beaten them four years ago if a certain fumble wasn't created inside the UT 15 when going for the kill.

Anyway, they should be beat up enough for you guys to hang 50 on them and win going away. That's part of the reason Auburn has struggled, because of the injuries KSU's defense caused in that matchup. That, and Auburn has no offense anyway, besides the one drive they get lucky.

birddog
9/27/2007, 01:31 AM
ksu has a good chance because of how physical they are. freeman and nelson should have a big day but i'm not sure it will be enough.

i don't think the whorns will have much of a running game bu they will find a way to win.

ksu 20
ut 23

JBaker
9/27/2007, 05:34 AM
I hope UT wins and looks decent doing it.

For some reason, I feel like we'll have a better chance again if they're not coming in off a loss.

KStatePike
9/27/2007, 05:48 AM
I'd feel a lot better about the game if our secondary wasn't so banged up. We've got 2 of our best corners out.

CitySooner
9/27/2007, 09:09 AM
It would be great for the conference for the Crimson of Oklahoma and the shorthorns of Austin to arrive in Dallas unscathed and ranked in the top ten. Unfortunately however, I don't see it happening. The puke are at home and this is a revenge game after the 'Mauling In Manhattan' last year. But I like K-State for one reason: Once McCoy is hit good by one of those purple backers, he will start having flashbacks to last year and the fear of the pain and humiliation will be too much for him to overcome. The new season starts Saturday, and I see the Mildcats defense playing like Wildcats as the puke have Crimson on their minds the whole game.

KSU24
UT 21

Intown
9/27/2007, 09:19 AM
Let the demoralizing begin!

K-state 45
UT 3

sooner n houston
9/30/2007, 07:28 AM
Heeeheee! :D