PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't Leach catching grief for calling out the aggies...

Soonerus
9/25/2007, 08:57 PM
..."we are prepared to play the greatest offense in America" and after bombing out I have heard Leach catching little crap...

OUAndy1807
9/25/2007, 08:58 PM
there was another story surrounding the game that seems to have legs.

Soonerus
9/25/2007, 09:03 PM

You think he escaped by collateral damage...

OUAndy1807
9/25/2007, 09:04 PM
You think he escaped by collateral damage...
exactly.

Soonerus
9/25/2007, 09:07 PM
exactly.

You think he escaped by gundlateral damage ???

BudSooner
9/25/2007, 09:28 PM
..."we are prepared to play the greatest offense in America" and after bombing out I have heard Leach catching little crap...
He eats little turds for breakfast?

Soonerus
9/25/2007, 09:30 PM
I like Leach a lot but he needs to be eating crow...

CatfishSooner
9/25/2007, 09:33 PM
getting scored on that much was probably enough...

Doged
9/25/2007, 09:44 PM
When your own fan base dubs you "The Strange One" it's possible the media may be a little leery of starting too much crap with you. ;)

GottaHavePride
9/25/2007, 09:52 PM

Legs? That other story is freakin' Michael Johnson.

tnraider1
9/25/2007, 09:58 PM
He fired the defensive coordinator didn't he, kinda takes the heat off.

sanantoniosooner
9/25/2007, 10:15 PM
He fired the defensive coordinator didn't he, kinda takes the heat off.
pffffffffft

like using logic on rus will do any good.;)

Soonerus
9/25/2007, 10:19 PM
pffffffffft

like using logic on rus will do any good.;)

Boringly again, you miss the point...Leach talked smack, he deserves consequences...in a normal week he would be the focal point of all of this fodder...

sanantoniosooner
9/25/2007, 10:24 PM
It's the same reason Charles Barkley can get away with saying stuff. You know it's tounge in cheek and all in good fun.

Pirate Boy is the same way. It wasn't serious smack.

Soonerus
9/25/2007, 10:26 PM
It's the same reason Charles Barkley can get away with saying stuff. You know it's tounge in cheek and all in good fun.

Pirate Boy is the same way. It wasn't serious smack.

Bull, I like Mike but he deserves being called out for his trash talk...

sanantoniosooner
9/25/2007, 10:27 PM
Well.......you did it.

I bet he even winced.

GottaHavePride
9/25/2007, 10:28 PM
I don't think he was talking smack. He was making fun of OSU for using an idiotic marketing slogan. He said he was "looking forward to seeing how they match up". That doesn't sound like smack to me.

Soonerus
9/25/2007, 10:30 PM
I don't think he was talking smack. He was making fun of OSU for using an idiotic marketing slogan. He said he was "looking forward to seeing how they match up". That doesn't sound like smack to me.

Could not be clearer "smack' r u kidding...

sanantoniosooner
9/25/2007, 10:30 PM
3/4ths of what Rus says is inackret.

And I'm being generous.

Soonerus
9/25/2007, 10:36 PM
3/4ths of what Rus says is inackret.

And I'm being generous.

No point for this comment SAS except envy and jealously...SAS build your own legacy don't just live to tear down others...sad...

tnraider1
9/25/2007, 10:56 PM
Could not be clearer "smack' r u kidding...

What about the QB? Shouldn't he be called out too, then? He called them "the world's greatest offense, or whatever." ( major emphisis on the whatever)

Oh wait, I bet he has a mother.....of children who would be upset by that, nevermind this is garbage!!!!!

Soonerus
9/25/2007, 11:01 PM
Leach talked smack and got burned...he has talked shiiiat plenty of of times he deserves **** when he earns it....

sanantoniosooner
9/25/2007, 11:02 PM
You'll have to speak up.

It's hard to hear you when you are all the way out in left field.

Soonerus
9/25/2007, 11:06 PM
You'll have to speak up.

It's hard to hear you when you are all the way out in left field.

Left field for you is pitchers mound for everybody else...the SAS shuffle..

goingoneight
9/25/2007, 11:07 PM
Ummm... Leach was a dropped pass away from beating the "World's Greatest Offense" on the road... in the world's greatest stadium with the world's greatest facilities.

I don't think you can bitch at a guy who had a 650-yard passer in Augua De La Stool.

Soonerus
9/25/2007, 11:09 PM
Ummm... Leach was a dropped pass away from beating the "World's Greatest Offense" on the road... in the world's greatest stadium with the world's greatest facilities.

I don't think you can bitch at a guy who had a 650-yard passer in Augua De La Stool.

I agree with everything you say , except one small fact he LOST !!!!

Sooner_Havok
9/25/2007, 11:19 PM
I agree with everything you say , except one small fact he LOST !!!!

MORAL VICTORY![hairGel]

Sooner1979
9/25/2007, 11:32 PM
I am pretty sure no media member would enjoy hearing Mike Leach calling them out...I dont care what happened on Saturday between the teams, what he said was pretty damn funny...

In fact, he put together an offense that would have beaten most teams that day...(Maybe not Top 10 teams) He fired his D Cord. and has moved on...That team would be scary with a defense that could keep up...

kevpks
9/25/2007, 11:37 PM
Tech is and will always only be "scary" against teams without the athletes on defense to keep up. Say what you want about OU's secondary over the past 5 years, they have always contained Tech pretty well, and so has Texas.

Sooner1979
9/25/2007, 11:43 PM
Tech is and will always only be "scary" against teams without the athletes on defense to keep up. Say what you want about OU's secondary over the past 5 years, they have always contained Tech pretty well, and so has Texas.

Very true, that is why I mentioned against Top 10 teams (and the Pac 10) - Just kidding

kevpks
9/25/2007, 11:59 PM
Very true, that is why I mentioned against Top 10 teams (and the Pac 10) - Just kidding

Yeah, I was just seconding your motion. Have you guys also noticed that the announcers at Tech games recycle the same story every time the Pirates get a new quarterback. "Why isn't _________________ being considered for the Heisman? Look at those stats!" Just insert Kingsbury, Symons, Cumbie, Hodges, and now Harrell. They are system QBs. Get some new material already.

Vaevictis
9/26/2007, 12:22 AM
Leach talked smack and got burned...he has talked shiiiat plenty of of times he deserves **** when he earns it....

1. He's Mike Leach. He makes smart-*** comments about everyone, and nobody calls him out about it because... well, he makes smart *** comments about everyone.
2. The "world's greatest offense" deserves to be mocked. I know it, you know it, and so does everybody else.
3. If I was a reporter, I'd certainly think twice before calling Leach out because he's clever enough that he'd probably turn it around and make you look like an *** right on the spot... and he'd certainly do it later. Probably repeatedly.

Crucifax Autumn
9/26/2007, 12:25 AM
Yeah...that's more or less what I was gonna say...it's just his style and since he does it to everyone no one really cares when he's wrong, they just enjoy the hilarious quotes while they're still timely.

Animal Mother
9/26/2007, 08:56 AM
If The Strange One's comments are being interpreted as making fun of Oswho, then all I have to say is ....ENCORE!!!!! ENCORE!!!!

OSUAggie
9/26/2007, 11:25 AM
and so has Texas.

Harrell had over 500 against UT last year.

And Rus, who do you want to call Leach out? He went off on his team in his postgame press conference and ridded himself of a defensive coordinator. If Gundy didn't go ape****, Leach's press conference would've been the headline, although it wouldn't have been running like the Gundy story.

I said Leach should win more in Stillwater before talking **** the day he made his comments. I caught **** for it, because Leach 'owns' OSU.

sooneron
9/26/2007, 12:06 PM

And Rus, who do you want to call Leach out? He went off on his team in his postgame press conference and ridded himself of a defensive coordinator. If Gundy didn't go ape****, Leach's press conference would've been the headline, although it wouldn't have been running like the Gundy story.

I said Leach should win more in Stillwater before talking **** the day he made his comments. I caught **** for it, because Leach 'owns' OSU.
Now he's 5-3. :rolleyes:

sanantoniosooner
9/26/2007, 12:09 PM
And should have been 6-2 if the best player on his team catches a ball that hits him square in the hands.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/26/2007, 12:11 PM
In Aggy land 5-3 is like 0-8, I imagine my grandchildren will hear "OsU has won 5 of the last 89 against OU...we PWN you!!!!"

soonergooner
9/26/2007, 12:11 PM
Am I the only the hear the backstage story over Leachs' firing of DC? It was on 930am and they said that there was a reason nobody heard about re: the firing. They said DC had definite and real family issues that had been infringing on his ability to do his job. The week b4 that game, he had had to leave practice at 6pm for example. The dc had personally requested that his story not get out because he didn't want it to color the decision.

kevpks
9/26/2007, 12:17 PM

Yes, and Texas still owns that series. UT still won last year and beat them 52-17 the year before. Leach has beaten UT once and OU once. He makes his name on his success against the mediocre teams in this league.

Stoop Dawg
9/26/2007, 12:47 PM
3. If I was a reporter, I'd certainly think twice before calling Leach out because he's clever enough that he'd probably turn it around and make you look like an *** right on the spot... and he'd certainly do it later. Probably repeatedly.

I think Leach is still trying to figure out if betting on chicken fights hurts the integrity of the chicken fights.

Stoop Dawg
9/26/2007, 12:50 PM

Yeah, but OSU is 1-0 against Tech in their last 1 meetings.

OSUAggie
9/26/2007, 02:07 PM
And should have been 6-2 if the best player on his team catches a ball that hits him square in the hands.

Or 4-4 if the best player on OSU's team doesn't drop a ball in the end zone last year. So what?

5-3 isn't exacty "owning" someone.

Yes, and Texas still owns that series. UT still won last year and beat them 52-17 the year before. Leach has beaten UT once and OU once. He makes his name on his success against the mediocre teams in this league.

That's great.

It also says nothing about my statement.

You claim, "they (OU) have always contained Tech pretty well, and so has Texas."

Texas gave up 500 yards passing against Tech last season. They've given up an average of 500 total yards/game against Tech the past 5 years. If that's "pretty well", then fine. I happen to think differently.

Hell, OSU gave up 15 yards/game less than did Texas over the same time period.

sooneron
9/26/2007, 02:15 PM
Considering Leach's offenses have REGULARLY put up more yards and points than osu's in past seasons, I'm sure he found their new motto amusing. Why is this little factoid lost on aggots? He was just voicing his amusement at the slogan. Especially, since osu's output had been less than average up until that point.
As for the 5-3 thing, I wish I had a nickel for every lOSUr fan that I encountered when they were "briefly" 5 for 7 against us. It's like they had been given the crystal trophy.

lOSUr fans = no sense of humor. (when they are the ones that are in desperate need of one!)

stuckinlubbock
9/27/2007, 12:22 AM
I don't think leach has to apologize for making a comment about osu's so called world's greatest offense ... he should apologize for the world's worst defense that made that mediocre OSU offense look great.

harrell fourth most passing yards in a game.
two receivers with over 200 yards.

Sooner_Havok
9/27/2007, 12:27 AM
Hell, OSU gave up 15 yards/game less than did Texas over the same time period.

Yet, somehow saxeT managed to allow fewer points, and win more times...
Very interesting.

birddog
9/27/2007, 12:33 AM
osu blows.

sanantoniosooner
9/27/2007, 06:34 AM
Or 4-4 if the best player on OSU's team doesn't drop a ball in the end zone last year. So what?

5-3 isn't exacty "owning" someone.
yeah, but people expect aggy's to drop the ball.

Kray
9/27/2007, 12:33 PM

Yup. When he faces inferior defenses, that offense works gangbusters. When he's up against a superior team, it usually doesn't. Pretty much like all offenses. I like the OSU offense better, and it's done better consistently against us than Tech's has (unless they get ref help).

I'm pretty sure you could take an all start OSU/Tech defensive team and still give up 50 to Baylor.