PDA

View Full Version : The Surprise Party

phead903
9/25/2007, 06:17 PM
I just wanted to thank SG06 publicly for the bestest birthday party I have evar experienced! Even though I knew what was going on, it was so neat to see what she had done to transform the back yard to Margaritaville (or as close to Margaritaville that Ft Smith could be). It was also neat that she had my brother and his wife come up from Dallas as well as my 3 living aunts (one from Seattle) and all my friends.

She had decorated the yard with signs, pink flamingos (of course), little white lights, tiki torches...well, you get the idea. She had Buffett music playing, margaritas (one of my friends has a margarita machine that we borrowed), beer, wine, punch, and all kinds of food:

Steak Salad
Pork Shish-k-bobs
Chicken Salad sandwiches
All kinds of dips
and best of all....Carrot cake with cream cheese icing:twinkies:

I went and played golf with a friend of mine (the margarita machine guy) and got home about 7:15 and walked out the back door and everyone was there - even though I knew, it was amazing!

I also made a haul:

2 new Tommy Bahama shirts
A UCA shirt (from my daughter that attends school there)
3 bottles of red wine
2 1.5 liter bottles of Knob Creek
1 750 ml bottle of Glenlivet
2 bottles of rum (hello Mojitos!)

In fact, we were having breakfast with my brother and his wife and my aunts the next day and he remarked "Your friends really know how to drink!" Just think if OleVet had been there!

There will be pics to come (SG06 had given disposable cameras to everyone) so be patient...

Anyway, Thanks to the bestest girlfriend evar - SG06! I love you, Sweetie!!:D

olevetonahill
9/25/2007, 06:26 PM
Are Ya thinkin Id of made the others look like rookies ?

phead903
9/25/2007, 06:35 PM
SG06 had all the beer in a swimming pool...it was classic!

StoopTroup
9/25/2007, 07:33 PM
Did she propose to you like she said she was going to do? ;)

phead903
9/25/2007, 08:13 PM
Did she propose to you like she said she was going to do? ;)

Oh, I got a proposal alright...;)

phead903
9/25/2007, 08:42 PM
Believe me, Jaux, I know how lucky I am!

soonerboomer93
9/25/2007, 10:07 PM
I just wanted to thank SG06 publicly for the bestest birthday party I have evar experienced! Even though I knew what was going on, it was so neat to see what she had done to transform the back yard to Margaritaville (or as close to Margaritaville that Ft Smith could be). It was also neat that she had my brother and his wife come up from Dallas as well as my 3 living aunts (one from Seattle) and all my friends.

She had decorated the yard with signs, pink flamingos (of course), little white lights, tiki torches...well, you get the idea. She had Buffett music playing, margaritas (one of my friends has a margarita machine that we borrowed), beer, wine, punch, and all kinds of food:

Steak Salad
Pork Shish-k-bobs
Chicken Salad sandwiches
All kinds of dips
and best of all....Carrot cake with cream cheese icing:twinkies:

I went and played golf with a friend of mine (the margarita machine guy) and got home about 7:15 and walked out the back door and everyone was there - even though I knew, it was amazing!

I also made a haul:

2 new Tommy Bahama shirts
A UCA shirt (from my daughter that attends school there)
3 bottles of red wine
2 1.5 liter bottles of Knob Creek
1 750 ml bottle of Glenlivet
2 bottles of rum (hello Mojitos!)

In fact, we were having breakfast with my brother and his wife and my aunts the next day and he remarked "Your friends really know how to drink!" Just think if OleVet had been there!

There will be pics to come (SG06 had given disposable cameras to everyone) so be patient...

Anyway, Thanks to the bestest girlfriend evar - SG06! I love you, Sweetie!!:D

i'm still waiting on that pic of the daughter...

olevetonahill
9/26/2007, 12:36 AM
i'm still waiting on that pic of the daughter...
Dayum skippy, they be of Legal age .:cool: :D

soonerboomer93
9/26/2007, 01:18 AM
just gotta see if she qualifies for a round-eye waiver...

SoonerGirl06
9/27/2007, 07:21 PM
Wow! I didn't expect a public thank you! How cool!

The pictures are being developed as we speak. It's been a pretty rough week, so it's taken a few days to get to the store. Needless to say, I think there were some pretty classic shots taken.

ph was toasted before he got to the party, which was really quite humorous... he get's all giggly and stuff. Apparently he and his golfing buddy decided to share a case of beer between the two of them while out on the course.

The highlight of the evening was when he just about caught the patio table (and all the bottles of alcohol on top of it) on fire. The leis around his neck just about got scorched as well. Good Lord what am I gonna do with that man?!?!?

We're throwing a special party in June and we hope all of our SF friends will be able to attend... it's going to be great!

Newbomb Turk
9/27/2007, 07:50 PM
Apparently he and his golfing buddy decided to share a case of beer between the two of them while out on the course.

that's par for the course. <rimshot>

anyway, way to go sg06 - sounds like it was a great party.

soonerboomer93
9/27/2007, 08:03 PM
Wow! I didn't expect a public thank you! How cool!

The pictures are being developed as we speak. It's been a pretty rough week, so it's taken a few days to get to the store. Needless to say, I think there were some pretty classic shots taken.

ph was toasted before he got to the party, which was really quite humorous... he get's all giggly and stuff. Apparently he and his golfing buddy decided to share a case of beer between the two of them while out on the course.

The highlight of the evening was when he just about caught the patio table (and all the bottles of alcohol on top of it) on fire. The leis around his neck just about got scorched as well. Good Lord what am I gonna do with that man?!?!?

We're throwing a special party in June and we hope all of our SF friends will be able to attend... it's going to be great!

make sure pics of the legal daughter come directly to me for approval

kplzthx

:D