PDA

View Full Version : Gameday

jthomasou78
9/25/2007, 05:46 PM
When will they announce where they will be next weekend?

Sooner02
9/25/2007, 06:15 PM
I bet you it's in Oregon for the Cal (#6) at Oregon (#11) game.

SoonerStormchaser
9/25/2007, 06:41 PM
And for OU/Texass...they'll be in Baton Rouge kissing more LSU *** and making you feel sorry for them cause of Katrina.

StormySooner-IN
9/25/2007, 07:58 PM
And for OU/Texass...they'll be in Baton Rouge kissing more LSU *** and making you feel sorry for them cause of Katrina.
Yeap.

The 3 finalists are ( in no particular order.....or is it?? )

1. Tigre Bait Katrina Victims and Gators

2. Choo-Choo Trains vs. Bucknut Flaming Couch Aggies..

3. Red River Game.

handcrafted
9/25/2007, 08:15 PM
We're not gonna get gameday at all this year.

kevpks
9/25/2007, 08:20 PM

We might for the Mizzou game as long as the kittens can beat Nebraska.

bluedogok
9/25/2007, 08:23 PM
That would be fine with me......no one needs the ND circus coming through town.

handcrafted
9/25/2007, 08:25 PM
Roger that. Even IF we get gameday for the Mizzou game, all they'll do is talk about the domers anyway, so who gives a let 'er rip???

MITSooner
9/25/2007, 08:28 PM
They've already been to LSU for the Va Tech game. You'd think they'd want to switch it up a bit.

bluedogok
9/25/2007, 08:35 PM
They were at VT the week before, switching it up is not a concern for them.

kevpks
9/25/2007, 08:41 PM
Roger that. Even IF we get gameday for the Mizzou game, all they'll do is talk about the domers anyway, so who gives a let 'er rip???

They should make sure to go to the USC/Notre Dame game this year. This would allow them to combine their obsession with the Domers and their USC lovefest.

snp
9/25/2007, 08:44 PM
It's in Eugene this weekend.

Sooner24
9/25/2007, 08:46 PM
This Saturday: LIVE from Eugene, Oregon, 10AM ET ESPN ESPNHD
#6 CALIFORNIA (4-0) VS
#13 OREGON (4-0)

THIS WEEK'S MATCHUP: PAC-10, UNBEATEN OFFENSES PREP FOR BATTLE.
Check out ESPNU.com and the California and Oregon team pages for game recaps, headlines throughout the week and up-to-the-minute reports leading into Saturday's show.

ESPNU PREVIEW > GOLDEN BEARS TEAM PAGE > DUCKS TEAM PAGE > GAMEDAY GEAR >

Get official College GameDay gear at the ESPN Shop.

Get this week's full schedule and final scores as they happen with the ESPNU.com NCAA Football Scoreboard.

Check out this week's exclusives at CollegeGameDay.com:
THE HOME DEPOT PICKS OF THE WEEK - Join the guys for a look ahead to Saturday.
HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW COLLEGE GAMEDAY? - Test your College GameDay IQ.

bluedogok
9/25/2007, 08:47 PM
They should make sure to go to the USC/Notre Dame game this year. This would allow them to combine their obsession with the Domers and their USC lovefest.
Don't they go to that game every year?

handcrafted
9/25/2007, 09:02 PM

Man, I certainly would hate to be the guy who has to clean up the set after that one...

OU Adonis
9/25/2007, 09:49 PM
Man, I certainly would hate to be the guy who has to clean up the set after that one...

http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/albums/userpics/10001/rubber_gloves.jpg

Sooner02
9/25/2007, 10:35 PM
I don't care if Gameday ever does one of our games. We do better without the ESPN hoopla, and frankly, don't need it.

SoonerDood
9/25/2007, 11:17 PM
They've already been to LSU for the Va Tech game. You'd think they'd want to switch it up a bit.
remember last year?
"We're comin to your sit-tay! as long as Ohio State is there!"

stoopified
9/25/2007, 11:45 PM
They should make sure to go to the USC/Notre Dame game this year. This would allow them to combine their obsession with the Domers and their USC lovefest.:)

SoonerSinger3
9/25/2007, 11:52 PM
I agree with MITSooner on the choice of gameday. I don't think they would go to Baton Rouge again. Besides I don't think Gameday has been to an OU-Texas game since I think 2004 maybe it was 2002

snp
9/26/2007, 12:53 AM
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/bkalb/ESPNCollegeGameday/ESPNCollegeGamedayHistory.htm

According to this site, it was last at the RRS in 2002.

Speaking of which, Herbstreit has never picked against oklahoma on a gameday set - 15 for 15. Wrong 3 times. Corso has gone against oklahoma 9/16 times. Wrong 7 times.

Crucifax Autumn
9/26/2007, 01:13 AM
I thought I saw Herbstreit pick us once...probably means we lost, but still...

stonecoldsoonerfan
9/26/2007, 06:54 AM
Speaking of which, Herbstreit has never picked against oklahoma on a gameday set - 15 for 15. Wrong 3 times. Corso has gone against oklahoma 9/16 times. Wrong 7 times.

wrong. herbie picked the bugeaters to win in 2000, no. 1 vs. no. 2. that gameday was in norman. i have it on dvd.

SelmaBamaFan
9/26/2007, 08:26 AM
I don't care if Gameday ever does one of our games. We do better without the ESPN hoopla, and frankly, don't need it.

Considering OU is in the hunt for the NC this year, I'd say you want all the hooplah you can get. Anything to put your face on sportscenter, ESPN, ABC, etc does nothing but get you more votes.

Gameday coming to Norman would be HUGE for your push for the top 2 spots. The pub that OU would get on ESPN that week would be eye opening.

oupride
9/26/2007, 08:38 AM
I was personally offended when espn was talking about 0-3 ND during the Tulsa game. Do you think they would ever talk about an 0-3 OU team ever? HELLNOO!! I propose we start a grassroots movement across the internet, not just this board, but every board we belong to and get as many people as possible to email espn and tell them to STOP talking about a winless team! NOBODYCARES!! I am at work and need somebody to post the link to email espn. Who is with me?

oupride
9/26/2007, 09:38 AM
Found it.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=contact/espntv
Asked them "Why do you give ANY air-time to a losing team that does not/will not affect the standings at all? Please respond."

A-M
9/26/2007, 12:36 PM
Found it.
Asked them "Why do you give ANY air-time to a losing team that does not/will not affect the standings at all? Please respond."
Done. Now I will wait and see if they answer me.

Stoop Dawg
9/26/2007, 12:55 PM
Found it.

Just FYI - ESPN is a news organization.

josh09
9/26/2007, 04:20 PM
Who CARES.

TopDawg
9/26/2007, 04:43 PM
Why do people get so bent out of shape when ESPN talks about Notre Dame being 0-3?

It's priceless. You know how much we hated it when people kept talking about the Fiesta Bowl game? How much more do you think Notre Dame fans hate it that people won't stop talking about how bad they are? It's awesome. Quit complaining and enjoy it!

Ardmore_Sooner
9/26/2007, 04:45 PM
Why do people get so bent out of shape when ESPN talks about Notre Dame being 0-3?

It's priceless. You know how much we hated it when people kept talking about the Fiesta Bowl game? How much more do you think Notre Dame fans hate it that people won't stop talking about how bad they are? It's awesome. Quit complaining and enjoy it!

I agree. Let em suffer and let everyone laugh at them. What about OU can they possibly talk about that we don't already know?

Sooner02
9/26/2007, 07:29 PM
Considering OU is in the hunt for the NC this year, I'd say you want all the hooplah you can get. Anything to put your face on sportscenter, ESPN, ABC, etc does nothing but get you more votes.

Gameday coming to Norman would be HUGE for your push for the top 2 spots. The pub that OU would get on ESPN that week would be eye opening.
Maybe, but I don't personally care. I think the over-exposure can easily backfire. Not that I blame the players, but I think in recent years they may have believed all the hype and it came back to bite them. I don't think we need hype, just win each week.

jthomasou78
10/1/2007, 06:07 AM
Im sure they are not coming but did they say where they would be this week?