PDA

View Full Version : Concerning the Gumby meltdown

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Czar Soonerov
9/25/2007, 10:14 PM
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2671/gundypn1.png (http://imageshack.us)THIS THREAD IS GARBAGE, AND THE MODERATOR THAT LET IT COME OUT......IS GARBAGE.http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2671/gundypn1.png (http://imageshack.us)

KaiserSooner
9/25/2007, 10:15 PM
The funny thing about this is, Gundy created this monster with his tirade. If he and Reid's mother....mother of children (when I heard it in full last night it made me think that he should have also said that she is a US American) had ignored the idiot writings of Carlson, no one would be talking about it now and it would have been ignored like 99.9% of her other columns. Hopefully, this will get her enough notoriety that it will get her hired out of there.

Instead the whole country knows who Bobby Reid is and that his mother feeds him chicken (whether true or not) and how Gundy treats his players as if they are a Pop Warner team and think everyone else should as well. He made himself and the program look like the two-bit program that it is. In "standing up" for his player he embarrassed and belittled Reid more than a writer ever could. IF Reid is as insecure as the article makes him out to be, he is as good as gone. There seems to be no good way to overcome this at that school and with this coach.

Gundy, what a piece of work he is :rolleyes:

Ya know, before tantrum-gate I really had no strong opinion, positive or negative, of Gundy. His spikey hair was a point of laughter, but otherwise he was pretty much a non-entity in my mind.

Now though, I've come to the conclusion he simply can't handle the rigors of being a head coach. The maturity (especially as it relates to the press) just isn't there. This, along with his lack of success, will be his undoing.

TopDawg
9/25/2007, 10:27 PM
Now though, I've come to the conclusion he simply can't handle the rigors of being a head coach. The maturity (especially as it relates to the press) just isn't there.

"What do you expect? I'm only 40!" [hairGel]

GottaHavePride
9/25/2007, 10:36 PM
:les: I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS ****!

YOU DON'T HAVE A CHILD! [hairGel]

Soonerus
9/25/2007, 10:40 PM
Have you ever f'ed up...give the guy one break...

bluedogok
9/25/2007, 10:41 PM
Ummm....why?

Ground_Attack
9/25/2007, 11:01 PM
He's a man!

Sooner_Bob
9/25/2007, 11:04 PM
Come after me!! I'm a man!! I'm 40!" [hairGel]

Classic . . . love the [hairGel] smilie

Stitch Face
9/25/2007, 11:35 PM
I am giving him one more chance before fully castigating him...

Like Bevo?

SoonerGrant
9/25/2007, 11:58 PM
Come after me!! I'm a man!! I'm 40!" [hairGel]

Classic . . . love the [hairGel] smilie

Forde went after him...hahaha, this is a good read.

"Come after me!" Gundy bellowed directly at Carlson. "I'm a man! I'm 40!"

OK, if you insist. The Dash will go after Gundy.

The great orator said that the column in question was shown to him, "by a mother. A mother of children."

As opposed to a mother of walruses, presumably.

Gundy went on to say that 75 percent of the column was fabricated. He took issue with two points in the column. So maybe math isn't his specialty.

Anyway, The Dash hopes Gundy felt like a big man when it was over. Next time an ounce of professional decorum would be appreciated. Until then, try to worry more about improving that 13-15 career record that includes seven victories over Sun Belt and I-AA opposition.

(By the way: Gundy says he doesn't read the newspapers. It's The Dash's experience that the majority of coaches who say they don't read the newspapers are lying.)"

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=3035258

Ardmore_Sooner
9/26/2007, 12:09 AM
I totally thought that said giant robot sluts.

Something wrong with that?

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/26/2007, 12:33 AM
So I'm sitting there at work today, still snickering over Gundy (who was a butt for even a San Diego radio station's morning show, which my coworker listens to), and I suddenly had a flashback to high school. It may even have been junior high, I can't remember, crap, I've slept since then. Anyway, whenever it was, almost every male student, if referred to as a boy, would bristle and straighten up, and however ridiculously, declare himself not a boy but a MAN!

So I have to wonder how the 20-year-old Reid felt at hearing his own coach refer to him as a child. Not just that, but a child in need of lots of cuddly protection from the big, bad media. And bringing to him way more scrutiny than he ever would have gotten without the tirade.

Just a suspicion, but I bet Reid doesn't feel all that warm and fuzzy about Gumby standing up for him.

SDSG aka "Comma Queen" (sorry about that first paragraph)

RedGiant
9/26/2007, 01:53 AM
Herbie seemed to think this was a bonus for recruits and the players in the locker room. The way Gundy was acting he obviously agrees and wishes he had said more. Can he possibly be this out of touch? I can't see this as any kind of positive in any shape form or manner. He's a laughing stock with the way he was acting.

tommieharris91
9/26/2007, 02:16 AM
Herbie seemed to think this was a bonus for recruits and the players in the locker room. The way Gundy was acting he obviously agrees and wishes he had said more. Can he possibly be this out of touch? I can't see this as any kind of positive in any shape form or manner. He's a laughing stock with the way he was acting.

He'll become a bad laughing stock if he turns this season into a 4-8 or something like that.

stonecoldsoonerfan
9/26/2007, 06:57 AM
And he's not growing up. He's a man. He's 40. The only growth at that point is around the waist.

HEY!!! I RESEMBLE THAT........I MEAN.....I RESENT THAT REMARK!!!!!!!!:mad: ;)

OU4LIFE
9/26/2007, 07:18 AM
He'll become a bad laughing stock if he turns this season into a 4-8 or something like that.

if?

dude, they are done. Any team that gives up 750+ yards in ONE GAME won't last long in this league. Hide and watch. This might be the worst osu team anyone has ever seen, and that's saying something. The total yards put up by Tech were the third highest in osu history....and they haven't even gotten into the meat of their schedule yet.

Scott D
9/26/2007, 09:06 AM

there's a reason bedford bolted and gundy had to get a new DC.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/26/2007, 09:11 AM
GUMBY IS DOYLE: You know better than to talk to me like that when I'm hurtin', Jenni. Don't make me knock the **** outta you.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/26/2007, 09:17 AM
http://sistasmiff.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/slingblade05.jpg

That goes for ****suckers and retards!

Best line ever in a movie. EVER.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/26/2007, 09:20 AM
TO BOBBY REID S MOMMA: That's funny.Go to bed and take little snot-nose here with you.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/26/2007, 09:21 AM
TO BOBBY REID: If you even think about leaving me, Bobby, I told you: I'm gonna kill you deader than a door nail.

ABOUT JENNI:Hey is this the kind of writer that drools and rubs **** in his hair and all that, 'cause I'm gonna have a hard time eatin' 'round that kind of thing now. Just like I am with antique furniture and midgets. You know that, I can't so much as drink a damn glass of water around a midget or a piece of antique furniture.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/26/2007, 09:23 AM
Hey is this the kind of retard that drools and rubs **** in his hair and all that, 'cause I'm gonna have a hard time eatin' 'round that kind of thing now. Just like I am with antique furniture and midgets. You know that, I can't so much as drink a damn glass of water around a midget or a piece of antique furniture.

nBoSTP
9/26/2007, 09:25 AM
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/ihatecrowdsurfers/slingblade.jpg

I like them french fried taters ummmmmm huhhh

Landthief 1972
9/26/2007, 09:26 AM
You just know the Daily Joklehoman is loving all this free publicity;when will it end

Meh... the only thing that has changed up here is that all of our bandwidth is gone from all the Aggots spamming the talkbacks with "YER LIBRUL MEDIA KAN'T HOLD BACK THE COWBOYS! ALL YU DO IS KISS OU'S BUTT! YU HATES TEH COWBOYS!" [hairGel] :stunned:

Seriously, we've got people calling The Oklahoman "liberal media." Folks, we have stepped through the looking glass.

(BTW, I work in Marketing, not editorial. Please don't ostracize me.) :D

Please.

Don't.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/26/2007, 09:28 AM
I don't like homosexuals and she goes out and buddies up with one so I gotta deal with that. I don't like little wimpy-*** kids or mental retards and she got one of each livin' with her.

*pause*

I'm just kidding about that, really.

JohnnyMack
9/26/2007, 09:28 AM
if?

dude, they are done. Any team that gives up 750+ yards in ONE GAME won't last long in this league. Hide and watch. This might be the worst osu team anyone has ever seen, and that's saying something. The total yards put up by Tech were the third highest in osu history....and they haven't even gotten into the meat of their schedule yet.

Aggie Lite?

Yeah, they don't tackle so well.

OU4LIFE
9/26/2007, 09:41 AM
wait...they tackle?

pffft, I call bullshiat. I didn't see anything but touch up there last week.

usmc-sooner
9/26/2007, 10:27 AM
go read the aggies boards, they think they are a new team now because Gundy yells at reporters. Someone ought to yell at Gundy because he can't find someone decent to coach defense.

Mixer!
9/26/2007, 10:32 AM
I didn't see anything but touch up there last week.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/2527/swimlarge8ca.jpg

go ahead, you know you want to touch up there...

OU4LIFE
9/26/2007, 10:55 AM
go read the aggies boards, they think they are a new team now because Gundy yells at reporters. Someone ought to yell at Gundy because he can't find someone decent to coach defense.

which is why he staged a rant....they've conveniently forgotten all about how bad they are all of the sudden and everyone is back on the wagon...

OSUAggie
9/26/2007, 11:30 AM
Whitlock's column is the best I've seen.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/290829.html

Posted on Tue, Sep. 25, 2007
Whitlock: Columnist Carlson made a mistake

Jenni Carlson, the target of Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy’s now-infamous postgame tirade, is a talented, dedicated sports columnist.

I’ve stated that opinion privately and publicly for years. I’ve known Jenni, now a columnist at The Oklahoman, since she was a student at Kansas and later when she was a high school columnist for this newspaper.

The column she wrote about Oklahoma State quarterback Bobby Reid, the column that caused Gundy to melt down following the Cowboys’ victory over Texas Tech, is absolutely indefensible. Gundy called it “garbage,” and I can’t disagree.

Why anyone in the media would choose to defend a column that is basically a message-board attack on a 21-year-old kid speaks to the insecurity of our profession.

We make mistakes ? all the time. There is no reason to turn defensive and blame Gundy for justifiably embarrassing Carlson the same way she belittled an amateur athlete.

Carlson’s column reminded me of one I wrote in the mid-1990s about Marcus Allen and O.J. Simpson. My column, a fictional piece about a conversation between Allen and Simpson at the height of the Simpson murder trial, was supposed to be humorous, and it was.

But it had no business being published in a newspaper. It was completely unfair to Marcus Allen. It was a dirty joke told inside a church. When I saw Allen in the locker room a couple of days after the column ran, he erupted, cursed at me, made threats and had to be restrained by teammates.

By the next day, I knew I had made a terrible error in judgment. I immediately began the process of apologizing to Allen. I offered to write an apology column. He accepted my apology and told me it was unnecessary to write a public one. I then apologized to Allen’s wife, and she graciously accepted.

Jenni Carlson owes Bobby Reid and Mike Gundy apologies. Her column was atrocious.

In a newspaper circulated throughout the state, she ripped a kid by tying together a string of Internet rumors and out-of-context comments made by Reid to her co-workers. She basically called Reid a wimp and justified it by saying “if you believe the rumors and the rumblings.”

Here are a few choice excerpts from the column:

?“Tile up the back stories told on the sly over the past few years, and you see a pattern that hasn’t always been pretty.”

?“Word is that Reid has considered transferring a couple different times, the first as early as 2005. Reid, then a redshirt freshman, was facing competition from returner Donovan Woods, and apparently, Reid considered leaving OSU just because he had to compete for the spot.”

That bit of information was attributed to no one. I take that back, it was attributed to “back stories told on the sly.”

Here’s another gem from the column. Carlson takes a Reid quote given to one of her colleagues ? “The coaches made a decision. I just have to go with it, get better and get back on the field” ? and interprets it in the most negative way possible:

Carlson wrote: “There’s something to be said for not being a malcontent, but you can almost see Reid shrugging his shoulders as he says those words. Does he have the fire in his belly?”

How can she see a shoulder shrugging on a player she apparently hasn’t taken the time to speak with herself? The kid stated he wants to get better and get back in the lineup. What was he supposed to say?

I could go on. It’s unnecessary. She made a mistake. It’s not a big deal. It happens. What’s embarrassing is reading all of these columns calling for Gundy to be suspended or even fired for defending his player and calling out Carlson in public.

Why didn’t Gundy address Carlson in private? Because her column wasn’t published in private. It went out across the state.

Well, isn’t it silly to call Reid a kid and an amateur when he’s 21 and receives a full scholarship in big-time athletics? No. He is a kid. He’s not a professional athlete. And unless he’s accused of breaking the law or being grossly offensive, we don’t need to involve ourselves in message-board speculation about his personality.

I don’t know a sports journalist, particularly a female or minority one, who would appreciate having their careers analyzed based on “back stories told on the sly.”

Good journalists make mistakes. Rather than juvenilely asking Mike Gundy to explain why three-fourths of her column was inaccurate, I’d rather hear Carlson explain what journalism class at Kansas taught her to shred a kid’s character with “rumors and rumblings.”

JohnnyMack
9/26/2007, 11:39 AM

Big shocker.

:rolleyes:

Gundy still acted like a feminine hygiene cleansing product. It was a contrived act on his part to deflect attention from the 700+ yards your D allowed and an effort to show T. Boone that he shouldn't fire Gumby, because darn it, Gumby has heart! He cares about them kids.

frankensooner
9/26/2007, 11:39 AM
Aggie, I think everyone agrees that she is not a good writer, that she doesn't have all the facts and her "story" was anywhere near to 100% correct, but your coach did not approach this in a very professional manner.

A nice prepared paragraph would have sufficed that was given with a cool head. This morning your hefty osu insider praised Gundy for not cussing in his tirade. He also said that Gundy was 100% correct in saying "I don't have to answer that" to the question of what wasn't correct in that article. Is that what you have to be proud of from this fiasco?

I would say that both sides were wrong.

SleestakSooner
9/26/2007, 11:45 AM
As much as I love the fact that JC's former mentor/co-worker is slagging her for how poorly written and ill conceived her article was, (and how her defense of said article was weak at best) I can't say that Gundy's reaction did anything more than provide a nice punch line to the embarrassment that is another losing season of Aggot Foolsball "The Greatest Show On Earth"!

OKLA21FAN
9/26/2007, 11:47 AM
Aggie, I think everyone agrees that she is not a good writer, that she doesn't have all the facts and her "story" was anywhere near to 100% correct, but your coach did not approach this in a very professional manner.

A nice prepared paragraph would have sufficed that was given with a cool head. This morning your hefty osu insider praised Gundy for not cussing in his tirade. He also said that Gundy was 100% correct in saying "I don't have to answer that" to the question of what wasn't correct in that article. Is that what you have to be proud of from this fiasco?

I would say that both sides were wrong.

and the fact that because of the whole tirade has taken just about everything away a nice win from the 'non paid athletes'

SleestakSooner
9/26/2007, 11:48 AM
This morning your hefty osu insider praised Gundy for not cussing in his tirade.

This is true but did anyone else notice Gundy grabbing his junk during the tirade? Not that I was looking, my g/f noticed and pointed it out to me. :eek:

OU4LIFE
9/26/2007, 12:15 PM
This is true but did anyone else notice Gundy grabbing his junk during the tirade? Not that I was looking, my g/f noticed and pointed it out to me. :eek:

weird, I didn't see his hands anywhere near his face...

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/26/2007, 12:26 PM
Wow when Skip Bayless takes shots at you for being a crappy Journalist...it is time to get out of the business :P

KaiserSooner
9/26/2007, 12:35 PM
He may be a 40-yr old (MAN!!), but I still say he ultimately lacks the maturity to handle the responsibilities of being a head coach.

OU4LIFE
9/26/2007, 12:48 PM

this is too much of a coincidence, aggie lite's defense is the worst I've seen...

Taxman71
9/26/2007, 01:06 PM
According to Aggie logic, OJ did nothing wrong because that stuff in the hotel room was rightfully his.

Motive = good; Action = horrible.

Czar Soonerov
9/26/2007, 01:14 PM
http://gundyman40.ytmnd.com

usmc-sooner
9/26/2007, 01:32 PM
these same aggies who think that he went from a bad coach to Knute Rockne all because he yelled at a women reporter are the same group who constantly call Stoops an arrogant a-hole, because he's mean to the media.

who knows if you let something an idiot like Carlson writes can make you lose control of yourself in public, then maybe yelling at reporters will fix your defense.

not to protect Jenni, I don't like her and thought her piece was stupid, but the exact same things were being said on the radio, OSU shows, message boards all last week.

Mike wants to yell about "That's not true" well what about when he said Reid is not going to lose his job because of an injury, or Reid is our guy, or I don't read the papers or all his other BS.

Those poor aggies don't realize that people aren't laughing with you, they're laughing at you.

Animal Mother
9/26/2007, 05:05 PM
As Gumby went on with his Il Duche performance, I thought the sumbeach was talking about some grade school kid of one of his friends since I live in Tejas and was in the dark regarding the article. When it was evident he was speaking about Reid all I could think was “They better put Reid on suicide watch” after the way he’s been embarrassed. I agree that both Jenni and Forrest Dumby were both wrong, but this shows that Dumby isn’t up to the task of being a Big 12 coach. It’s better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak and make everyone certain. And quit with the argument that Stoops wouldn’t get away with this type of tirade. HE WOULDN’T DO IT. Are we clear on that people? This entire episode has been very Felliniesque.

TopDawg
9/26/2007, 05:39 PM
*stuff*

"I got this post from a mother...of animals." [hairGel]

StoopTroup
9/26/2007, 07:36 PM
http://gundyman40.ytmnd.com
That would make a great ringtone...

:pop:

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/27/2007, 12:08 AM

This is the best column I've seen.

Gundy’s tirade a blemish for OSU

By Jeff Mullin, Commentary

Oklahoma State University was founded as a land grant university in 1890 and held its first classes Dec. 14, 1891.

OSU has been named a Truman Honor Institution for its success in producing Truman scholars. The school has graduated more American Indians than any other university in the nation. OSU’s athletic teams have won 48 NCAA championships.

Those are facts. But the perception of Oklahoma State University these days is far different. These days OSU is known as the only state university partially owned by a Texas billionaire and as the home of the crazy football coach, Mike “Meltdown” Gundy.

How sad. Gundy has become not only a noun, but a verb as well, as in “Watch out or I’m going to go Gundy on you.”

Gundy’s three-minute-plus rant prompted by a column in Saturday’s Oklahoma City newspaper is must-see viewing on YouTube and other Internet video sites. It is being replayed, ad nauseum, on national sports television and radio programs.

Gundy was upset by a column written by Daily Oklahoman sports columnist Jenni Carlson, a piece critical of now-OSU backup quarterback Bobby Reid.

So in the wake of a 49-45, come-from-behind upset victory over Texas Tech in a game that left fans breathless and might just have saved the Cowboys’ season, Gundy let his emotions get the better of him, and instead of praising his team’s gutsy effort, threw a tantrum worthy of a 2-year-old.

“I’m a man! I’m 40! I’m not a kid!” Gundy screamed at the assembled media.

Well, then act like it.

Gundy has a right to be upset, and he has every right to stand up for his player. He has every right to question the accuracy of Carlson’s column and to question her motives in writing it and the newspaper’s motives in publishing it. But a postgame press conference is neither the time nor the place.

The matter should have been handled in private, behind closed doors, in an adult, civilized manner.

But instead Gundy chose to lose his cool, to subject himself, his football program and his university, (SDSG says: not to mention the whole state, which the rest of the nation already thinks is populated by dumb-*** hillbillies)to ridicule.

I don’t know Jenni Carlson; I was out of sports by the time she went to work at the Oklahoman. But I know enough about that publication to know it doesns’t publish unsubstantiated allegations. I am confident she has sources that provided her with the information in her column.

Having myself once been the target of a coach’s public tirade (thankfully long before the days of YouTube), I know how embarrassed and hurt Carlson must have been Saturday night while sitting through Gundy’s performance.

I also can understand Gundy’s anger, however. Having been one of those fat kids he cited who was belittled after dropping a pass in a pickup game, I thank him for his support.

Carlson didn’t cite specific sources in her piece, but that is not unusual. If it wasn’t for unnamed sources there would be virtually no news coming out of Washington, ever.

Gundy loudly accused Carlson of not knowing the facts, saying “three-fourths of this is inaccurate. It’s fiction ...” At his weekly press luncheon Monday, Carlson asked Gundy to point out specific inaccuracies. He refused. That makes no sense. If the facts are wrong, demand a correction. Gundy has, in effect, called Carlson a liar, so he should be prepared to back up his words.

Carlson’s piece was hard on Reid, whose crime seems to be not living up to fans’ expectations. But whose fault is that? Perhaps the fans expected too much.

As a proud graduate of Oklahoma State I am saddened to see the university, its coach and its football program become a punchline and a punching bag.

Mullin is senior writer of the News & Eagle.

Linky (http://www.enidnews.com/opinion/local_story_268234407.html?keyword=secondarystory)

guzziguy
9/27/2007, 12:31 AM

I agree. That one nicely states most of my feelings on the rant. Meltdown Mike, I like it.

However, I'll bet the O-P swarms are getting organized to flood the Enid paper with opposing opinion. After all, Gumby was protecting a player and that'll play well in recruiting:rolleyes:

State better play well on Saturday or the po'd pokes will turn on Melt like .... ....well, like Gumby on a reporter. :D

47straight
9/27/2007, 12:56 AM

...The matter should have been handled in private, behind closed doors, ....
... which the rest of the nation already thinks is populated by dumb-*** hillbillies)[/color]to ridicule...
... I know how embarrassed and hurt Carlson must have been Saturday night while sitting through Gundy’s performance...
...Gundy has, in effect, called Carlson a liar, so he should be prepared to back up his words...

Nope. Nope. Nope. And nope. 4 things in that piece are inakkurat.

The matter was a public hatchet job. It deserved to be dealt with in public.

The rest of the nation doesn't think we are dumbass hillbillies. Maybe in Southern California, but the world doesn't revolve around them, contrary to them.

Oooo, Jenni Jenni was sooo embarrassed and hurt... sort of like when someone publicly calls you a momma's boy, and soft? And then your media cronies cry sympathy for you and none for the person you impugne? Give me a break. You reap what you sow. Wallow in your own filth. What goes around, etc.

Mmmm, Mr. Crony, why does Mikey have to back up his words, but Jean-nee immune?

Yeah I've read better.

tommieharris91
9/27/2007, 01:07 AM
It would be REALLY aggie if they let Brett Romar come into their remodeing job of a house and beat them this weekend.

So basically all would be right in the world. It would really shut up their "WATCH OUT uo WERE GOIN 14-(-2) AND WINNING MORE MNCs THAN ALABAMA THIS YEAR!11!!!!!"

OU4LIFE
9/27/2007, 08:11 AM
Nope. Nope. Nope. And nope. 4 things in that piece are inakkurat.

The matter was a public hatchet job. It deserved to be dealt with in public.

dude, it's kinda hard to successfully have a staged rant, to distract your fanbase from how bad you really are, in private...

47straight
9/27/2007, 10:58 AM
dude, it's kinda hard to successfully have a staged rant, to distract your fanbase from how bad you really are, in private...

Heh. True.

Judge Smails
9/27/2007, 10:59 AM
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee149/bonanza1967/gundyreidry6.jpg

"This kid goes to class. He's respectful to the media. He's respectful to the public. And he's a good kid. Whose the kid here? Are you kidding me?"

JohnnyMack
9/27/2007, 11:07 AM
Germans.

Pearl Harbor.

Aww, forget it.

wishbonesooner
9/27/2007, 11:46 AM
Have you seen this spoof from the DMN?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2pwKsEHG2w

SoonerAcesUp
9/27/2007, 12:06 PM
Just read an article from Bill Curry on ESPN and got a good chuckle from this line:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=curry_bill&id=3038531

"If Oklahoma State wins three national championships under Gundy, and Mike is coach of the year six times, some drunk relative will walk up to him at a Christmas party 20 years from now and say, "Oh, boy, you sure told 'em when you stood up and nailed them sorry sportswriters back in '07! Them was the 'good old days!'""

I know it was only a hypothetical but now that's really going out there.

tommieharris91
9/27/2007, 12:48 PM
Oklahoma State won't win 3 MNCs as long as OU has a football program.

IB4OU2
9/27/2007, 01:13 PM
I heard that for next Mondays news conference Gundy's having Eddie Sutton pick Jenni up and drive her to Stillwater.....:eek:

Judge Smails
9/27/2007, 02:08 PM
I heard that for next Mondays news conference Gundy's having Eddie Sutton pick Jenni up and drive her to Stillwater.....:eek:

I heard Ted Kennedy was driving her up in his car....

jaux
9/27/2007, 06:44 PM
Mark May just told me Gundy will have recruiting success because 18 yr olds want a coach who will "have their back". :rolleyes:

soonerloyal
9/27/2007, 08:14 PM
Just read an article from Bill Curry on ESPN and got a good chuckle from this line:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=curry_bill&id=3038531

"If Oklahoma State wins three national championships under Gundy, and Mike is coach of the year six times, some drunk relative will walk up to him at a Christmas party 20 years from now and say, "Oh, boy, you sure told 'em when you stood up and nailed them sorry sportswriters back in '07! Them was the 'good old days!'""

I know it was only a hypothetical but now that's really going out there.

"Bold stroke of leadership"?

Maybe that's what it takes in a second-place program like OSU, but in a dynasty like Oklahoma, our coach leads from the front, with character and restraint, like he should.

Mike Gundy may have meant well, and maybe this will spur the Cowboys to more fire in their bellies...but I'm still unimpressed, disgusted and ashamed for him. And I'm still prouder that I'm a Sooner fan, not a Poke fan.

But that's just my take.

Soonerus
9/27/2007, 10:19 PM
FTLOG, forget Gundy's meltdown...

CatfishSooner
9/27/2007, 11:09 PM
"Bold stroke of leadership"?

Maybe that's what it takes in a second-place program like OSU, but in a dynasty like Oklahoma, our coach leads from the front, with character and restraint, like he should.

Mike Gundy may have meant well, and maybe this will spur the Cowboys to more fire in their bellies...but I'm still unimpressed, disgusted and ashamed for him. And I'm still prouder that I'm a Sooner fan, not a Poke fan.

But that's just my take.

Don't you mean 4th or 5th place (in the BigXII south) ???

rainiersooner
9/27/2007, 11:39 PM
I remember when Rosie O'Donnell popped off on Donald Trump. I thought to myself: "Only Rosie O'Donnell could get me to like Donald Trump." Well, only Mike Gundy could get me to like Jenni Carlson.

And that's all I've got to say about that.

tommieharris91
9/28/2007, 12:18 AM
Two good articles on ESPN.com Page 2. The second, along with the orangepower.baa response, is priceless.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo_hruby/070927&sportCat=ncf

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/070927

The response to the Jemele Hill article:
http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=41485

birddog
9/28/2007, 12:26 AM
i still don't understand how the gumby hissy fit is going to improve their recruiting. can someone please explain this? i don't get it.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2007, 01:10 AM
Don't you know? High school kids have unending respect for whiny pussies.

goingoneight
9/28/2007, 01:12 AM
Because he has the most powerful press conferences in the world? :confused:

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2007, 01:25 AM
Not to mention the most powerful hair gel.

And honestly, he ranks in the top 10 in the NCAA in showing his vagina.

Czar Soonerov
9/28/2007, 11:55 AM
http://www.phonezoo.com/Ringtone.do?ringtoneId=21835887

soonerloyal
9/28/2007, 01:03 PM
So...now the Pokes have a decent ringtone to recommend on their site.
:D

badger
9/28/2007, 02:46 PM
The latest! (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99561)

Cam
9/28/2007, 08:27 PM
Apparently, Reid's mother is now considering litigation over the story. Not sure what grounds she's planning on using, but it's just never going to go away.

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2007, 02:15 AM
Reid's mother is obviously retarded. And apparently it's a genetic disorder.

StoopTroup
9/29/2007, 02:20 PM
ABC doing a halftime Gumby feel good moment.

ruf/nekdad
9/29/2007, 05:39 PM
I know I'm just a noob here, but I think its time to let this go.

Rhino
9/29/2007, 05:42 PM
Yep, this thread can finally be put out of its misery.