PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 Revised Projection

SoonerBOI
9/25/2007, 03:04 PM
This is the revised BIG XII projections from an orangepower.com thread. :D

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=41146

OStateMan
Deputy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay. We're almost a month into the schedule and some early predictions may have changed.

What do you think?

With the unbelievable dodging of the bullet win against Tech, I see a renewed energy around the coaching staff and team.

Still.....there's the defense.
Holding Tech down (for the most part) in the second half showed some signs of defensive improvement, but then again, there was no where to go but up.
We didn't go up a lot, but by just a fingernail, held on for the win.

So, here's how I see the remainer of our schedule (based on the remaining high/buzz I experienced since Saturday night)

Final standings:
Big 12 South
1) OU -- looks like a juggernaut -- unstopable until the final game where Stoops loses to Les Miles who finally has equal or better talent.

2) Texas -- I'd put OSU in here if we had a defense at all. UT wins second (losing to OU and maybe us..or at least one more South team).

3) OSU -- A dogfight with aTm and TT for 3rd. We've already beaten TT and a win over undercoached aTm at B/CS is harder to see because it's on the road and we're not good on the road.

4) TT -- I'm thinking TT over OU and possibly Texas. aTm will probably beat TT leaving TT with 2 Ls, but we win over the head-to-head.

5) aTm -- Fran's house is hoisted on blocks and moved while the team is at an away game. Aggie officials deny any complicity or knowledge of the incident (and everyone believes them because they're aggies), but refuse to give Fran another one. "One is enough. You'll just have to find it yourself. We're too busy looking for another coach. Watch that door handle!"

6) Baylor -- 'Nuff said.

Big 12 North:

1) Mizzou -- Even Pinkel is not screwing up Chase Daniels this year. Quietly Mizzou is sneaking up the rankings while NU continues to depress the fans and pundits.

2) Nebraska -- Thank God the North is so weak, otherwise NU would have to actually play someone good, which they'd lose to. Man, those Nebraska fans are loyal and nice. They've proven it over and over and over since Callahan has arrived.

3) The State of Kansas -- Better than last year, but still....Kansas and KState win one, lose one and end up where they've always been.

5) Colorado -- Getting better with each game, but still not your Grandfather's Colorado. Watch for this team to start making Callahan's life more miserable -- perhaps this year.

6) ISU -- Big win over hated rival Iowa. Chizik (sp?) has his work cut out for him, but by beating Iowa, he just got an extra year of patience by the ISU fans. Still...new coach, new schemes...bad initial, but expected results.

I see OSU:
SHS -- Win
aTm -- Win
Neb -- Loss ( a close one)
KSU -- Win
UT -- Win (big upset)
KU -- Win
Baylor -- Win
OU -- Loss (close, but no cigar)

We could beat NU in Lincoln -- we're not afraid of them anymore.
We could lose to UT -- they just seem to have our number.
We could beat OU -- it's ******..but it's in Boreman.

I honestly believe that if we had a defense that could cover (at least), we could win every game from here on out.

Landthief 1972
9/25/2007, 03:09 PM
Where can I score some of the great weed that guy is smoking?

SOONER STEAKER
9/25/2007, 03:13 PM
Where can I score some of the great weed that guy is smoking?

KINGFISHER COUNTY HAS THE BEST WEED, YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT!!

Ardmore_Sooner
9/25/2007, 03:14 PM
I assume Kansas was supposed to be 4th in the North? Or do aggies count 1,2,3,5,6?

stunandun
9/25/2007, 03:15 PM
That's garbage. It was written by a mother...a mother of pokeys.

BornandBred
9/25/2007, 03:18 PM
Holding Tech down (for the most part) in the second half showed some signs of defensive improvement, but then again, there was no where to go but up.
We didn't go up a lot, but by just a fingernail, held on for the win.

Didn't they win by a dropped pass in the endzone? If thats what they call D, they're in for a long year.

IronSooner
9/25/2007, 03:34 PM
Aggie officials deny any complicity or knowledge of the incident (and everyone believes them because they're aggies), but refuse to give Fran another one.

Gotta love that quote

KABOOKIE
9/25/2007, 03:45 PM
I assume Kansas was supposed to be 4th in the South? Or do aggies count 1,2,3,5,6?

Reading helps.

stoopified
9/25/2007, 04:26 PM
The thinking in this thread is typical of T.Boone State fans.First there are the ones who insist that they will upset OU.Second are the fans who say we will win a close one,because its ******.Finally there are a couple who realize OU is far superior and will win handily.The ONE thing they all have in common?The unwavering belief that SOMEONE will clobber us.Typical Boonies.

The difference between ags and boonies?Boonies are ags who have partaken of the Orange Koolaid provided by T. Boone and actually believe the football balance of power will chnge because of their shiny new facilities.

picasso
9/25/2007, 05:43 PM
if they had a defense that could cover, tackle, and beat the likes of Troy, then they might have a fighting chance at 3rd place in the league.
If they had a steady offense, a good to great defense, good special teams and a coach with a better hairdo they might, just might have a fighting chance at 2nd place in the league.

BudSooner
9/25/2007, 05:48 PM
:les:Watch that doorhandle!!!!!!

The Maestro
9/25/2007, 05:51 PM
People are underestimating Texas A&M. They were just 9 or 10 plays away from beating Miami!

fadada1
9/25/2007, 06:06 PM
People are underestimating Texas A&M. They were just 9 or 10 plays away from beating Miami!
seriously. that only comes to like 2 minutes total. maybe teams really do run out of time.

aggy/aggie logic might just be the entrance to those wormholes einstein was talking about.

DarrellZero
9/25/2007, 06:17 PM
People are underestimating Texas A&M. They were just 9 or 10 players away from beating Miami!

Fixed.

SoonerStormchaser
9/25/2007, 06:40 PM
Hold on...did he just say that we'd go undefeated until we get schwaked by Lester...and also that we're gonna lose to the Pirate?

C'mon...the only time the Pirate has beaten us was with a bunch of crooked refs!

SoFla Sooner
9/25/2007, 07:30 PM
Why in the name of Troy State do they think they can actually beat Baylor?

stoopified
9/25/2007, 11:10 PM
They HAMMERED TT 49-45,so all things are now possible at T.Boone State.

Sooner_Havok
9/25/2007, 11:29 PM

Man, if them picking Baylor as a win is the only victory they are planning on that you find fault with.....................................puff puff give brother!

Stitch Face
9/25/2007, 11:34 PM
We could lose to UT -- they just seem to have our number.

That number is called 'bigger, faster, more talented players.'

Equal clapping, though.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/25/2007, 11:44 PM
Reading helps.

True dat. :O

cheezyq
9/26/2007, 09:20 AM
Didn't they win by a dropped pass in the endzone? If thats what they call D, they're in for a long year.

That's what I was going to say. TT is better than OSU, in my opinion. So is aTm. aTm is bad, but Miami is better than people are giving them credit for. I think LoSuR is 5th in the b12 south.

GottaHavePride
9/26/2007, 09:26 AM
I assume Kansas was supposed to be 4th in the North? Or do aggies count 1,2,3,5,6?

Un, he put "The State of Kansas" at 3, so 3 would be a tie of KU and KSU.

Landthief 1972
9/26/2007, 09:44 AM
KINGFISHER COUNTY HAS THE BEST WEED, YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT!!

You kidding? Our last sheriff spent most of his time busting pot dealers while taking payments from the meth dealers. :pop:

At any rate, if there were any pot crops in Kingfisher County before last month, they've all floated downstream to Guthrie thanks to the flood. :)

Ardmore_Sooner
9/26/2007, 09:48 AM
Un, he put "The State of Kansas" at 3, so 3 would be a tie of KU and KSU.

Yeah we kinda already determined that I didn't read the whole thing. ;)