PDA

View Full Version : OSU vs SHSU TICKETS IN HIGH DEMAND?

fossil
9/25/2007, 09:09 AM
Just heard the most rediculous thing from a co-worker whose son plays for SHSU. Seems the availability of tickets to the OSU vs SHSU game are being rationed by OSU because, in their words, the tickets are 'IN EXTREMELY HIGH DEMAND'.

YGBSM! They were what, 12,000 short of filling their stadium for the Texas Tech game and they're trying to tell us that tickets to play Sam Houston State University are in 'HIGH DEMAND'. The won't have as many in that stadium for the SHSU game as they had for Tech. You watch, there will be many, many empty seats.

Anybody out there believe they will fill up T. Booger Pickin' Stadium????

soonerfaninaddison
9/25/2007, 09:18 AM
the only times ive seen them close to fllling up their staduim is when they play tulsa and ou. This is becasue of they TU and OU fans that make the trip up. nothing to do with osu fans

badger
9/25/2007, 09:23 AM
maybe they're selling the whole "he's not with ou anymore, so let's show him some aggie power!" or orange power or whatever.

my guess is they're going to have signs similar to what the tulsa univ. students had at the game (which I thought was funny).

I asked NP if he wanted to go out there just to boo the idiot, but he reasoned that it would involve giving osu money, so it's just best to stay at home.

fadada1
9/25/2007, 09:34 AM
You watch, there will be many, many empty seats.

Anybody out there believe they will fill up T. Booger Pickin' Stadium????
i don't have much to my name, but i'd bet ever single asset i have that that stadium isn't CLOSE to capacity.

although... it might be a good game - especially after they lost to troy - a past 1AA power. it'll be nothin new for the shsu guys, they only play in front of 5000 or so each game as well.

frankensooner
9/25/2007, 09:45 AM
OsU is just afraid SHSU is going to bring a large contingent that might make a lot of noise when osu is on offense. It would detract from their "Home" stadium advantage, even moreso than the sun in your eyes layout of the field.

Mac94
9/25/2007, 10:20 AM
No, there was a bit of confussion here ... tickets for the game are plentiful ... but apparently there is high demand from press passes to Gundy's post game press conference. ;)

Taxman71
9/25/2007, 04:55 PM
It is a sad day if a single Sooner fan rolls in to Stoolwater to root against/or for Bomar. Urban legend has it that quite a few Sooners may make the trip just to ogle.

LesNessman
9/25/2007, 05:45 PM
There's a stadium that has done everything right! If it wants to have tickets in high demand, do it on someone who doesn't do the right things! Are you kidding me? Makes me want to puke!

freshchris05
9/25/2007, 06:23 PM
well accoring to ESPN's joe schad, its huge because bomar is returning to his home state to take on an old rival...

heh i was like there are so many things wrong with that statement...

Fraggle145
9/25/2007, 06:31 PM
No. They arent. Just No.

Piware
9/25/2007, 06:41 PM
No, there was a bit of confussion here ... tickets for the game are plentiful ... but apparently there is high demand from press passes to Gundy's post game press conference. ;)

They probably won't be able to give seats away but there will be lots of press passes requested. None of the media will want to miss out in case there is another unscheduled eruption of Mt. Gumby. Hope he takes on an official or maybe a SHS water boy and shows them who is the boss at the Boone.

SoonerStormchaser
9/25/2007, 06:51 PM
Everyone here seems to speculate as to why this "demand" was even conjured up in the first place when only one person has the answer...

T-Boone bought all the remaining tickets to give out to the sheep.

StoopTroup
9/25/2007, 07:27 PM
Why would anyone ever go to Stoolwater just to ogle RB....

He's just a college student who does everything right....

Wait...

N/M

:pop:

AlbqSooner
9/25/2007, 07:50 PM
OsU is just afraid SHSU is going to bring a large contingent that might make a lot of noise when osu is on offense. It would detract from their "Home" stadium advantage, even moreso than the sun in your eyes layout of the field.
If the SHSU fans would do THAT then they obviously never had children. :D

The reason for the demand is that Pokie fans want to be in the stadium when they have a chance to see a victory by their team.

StoopTroup
9/25/2007, 07:53 PM
I think the Daily Oklahoman is raffling off their box seats.

SoonerDood
9/25/2007, 11:24 PM
Everyone here seems to speculate as to why this "demand" was even conjured up in the first place when only one person has the answer...

T-Boone bought all the remaining tickets to give out to the sheep.

[hairGel]"No, it wasn't Boone, it was 'an anonymous donor' with the cash to buy up all the seats! But it wasn't Boone!"

Three days later...
"Yeah it was Boone all along! But you cheatin' gooners didn't know that!"[hairGel]

Sooner_Havok
9/25/2007, 11:25 PM
[hairGel]"No, it wasn't Boone, it was 'an anonymous donor' with the cash to buy up all the seats! But it wasn't Boone!"

Three days later...
"Yeah it was Boone all along! But you cheatin' gooners didn't know that!"[hairGel]

THAT AIN'T TRUE!! 3/4 OF WHAT YOU SAID IS A LIE! [hairGel]

Sooner1979
9/25/2007, 11:38 PM
There will be a lot of orange seats dressed as fans on Saturday...If they sell that turd out for one of our ex-qb's, then they must have a real fixation...I would pay to see Rhett again...I actually liked the guy, he made a mistake and paid a pretty big price...

Best of Luck on Saturday Rhett...

birddog
9/27/2007, 08:56 AM
well it seems that t boone state is so bad, they've been reduced to talking smack with shsu fans....

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=41215&page=3

IB4OU2
9/27/2007, 09:13 AM
I heard they're giving away to the first 500 fans free orange and black bibs......with the saying "Mama's Fried Chicken! Hand Selected!".

stoopified
9/27/2007, 11:34 AM
THAT AIN'T TRUE!! 3/4 OF WHAT YOU SAID IS A LIE! [hairGel]
I'm 40,I'M 40,I'm a MAN.

GottaHavePride
9/27/2007, 11:50 AM
I heard they're giving away to the first 500 fans free orange and black bibs......with the saying "Mama's Fried Chicken! Hand Selected!".

THAT'S GARBAGE! [hairGel]

:les: I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS ****!

:eddie: WOOOOOOOOOOO!

:rcmad: **** YOU , FRAN!

sooneron
9/27/2007, 04:49 PM
I hope they give us a good game!!! I honestly do not like blow outs because they can be so boring.

Exactly how many blow outs do they have? 1 or maybe two a year?

mdklatt
9/27/2007, 04:52 PM
Exactly how many blow outs do they have? 1 or maybe two a year?

Are you talking about the giving or the receiving end?

sooneron
9/27/2007, 04:53 PM
Oh and reading that thread is like watching the special olympics.

olevetonahill
9/27/2007, 05:04 PM
There are 2 reasons that Paper tickets are in demand in stool water
#1 They havent gotten the sheep cleaned from having to use em to wipe up gumbies spittle .
#2 the charman truck is on a delayed delivery .
So ya see they need the PAPER ;)