PDA

View Full Version : Interesting. Buffs last week opponent held Ball State to 13 points

aurorasooner
9/25/2007, 12:45 AM
The Miami of Ohio defense held Ball State (who torched the Nebbish D) to only 13 points and beat them 14-13. Miami (Ohio) held Ball State to around 300 total yards and Ball State torched the Blackshirts for 600 yards. I don't know if the BuFF O is getting better or the Nebraska D is just Sh*&^y, but I hope it's the latter. If we go up to Boulder thinking this is a cakewalk, then we're probably going to be in for a nailbiter. I watched the Buffs play Az.State, Colorado State, and FSU, and their D looked pretty solid and looked like they were hitting hard and running to the ball well. They obviously had offensive problems against Az.State and especially against FSU, and hopefully Miami (O) just came up to Boulder, took one look at the flat-irons and dumped in their pants. Really glad this is a day game and not a night game. The forcast looks ok with the temp in the high 60s at gametime. http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/3006/screenshot047sv8.jpg
Meanwhile, Colorado's defense simply turned it up a notch, playing even better than it did a week ago against Florida State. Along with the shutout, the Buffs limited Miami to a mere 139 total yards (2.8 per play) and allowed just three successful third-down conversions in 14 tries. Since we're on the subject of third downs, figure this: CU's defense has now held its last two opponents to 4-for-27 in that department.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/25/2007, 12:54 AM
Kinda like the Miami game, if they can't score, they aren't gonna win.

Crucifax Autumn
9/25/2007, 01:37 AM
Pretty much! Besides...We're the Sooners.

Those guys will be lucky to score once and luckier to stop us from scoring on any drive. If we have a drive we don't score on Saturday, it'll only be due to penalties.

We're gonna roll over them like a steamroller on a KY soaked street.

SoonerStormchaser
9/25/2007, 06:49 PM
Dude, I wouldn't go that far...Boulder is a freaky place to play at. Just ask 2001 Nebraska.

soonersn2007
9/25/2007, 10:28 PM
We gotta expect that every team we meet, we will be their "Superbowl". Stoops needs to drive home this point, the measuring stick is playing perfect...........not mailing in efforts against these inferior teams.

XingTheRubicon
9/25/2007, 11:10 PM
Bet the under. 57?

Readyfor8
9/26/2007, 12:24 AM
I put zero faith in this opponent did this to this team who just beat this team. I think too many variables factor in and you don't get an effective view of the teams performance over all.

I prefer...

Oklahoma Total Offense - 3rd
vs. Colorado Total Defense - 18th

Oklahoma Pass Offense - 49th
vs. Colorado Pass Defense - 26th

Oklahoma Run Offense - 7th
vs. Colorado Run Defense - 33rd

Oklahoma Scoring Offense - 1st
vs. Colorado Scoring Defense - 31st

Colorado Total Offense - 76th
vs. Oklahoma Total Defense - 5th

Colorado Pass Offense - 49th
vs. Oklahoma Pass Defense - 36th

Colorado Run Offense - 84th
vs. Oklahoma Run Defense - 4th

Colorado Scoring Offense - 83rd
vs. Oklahoma Scoring Defense - 8th

Schedule difficulty based on past opposition... (for those that say we haven't played anyone yet)
Oklahoma - 56th
vs. Colorado - 56th

So against similar opposition, Oklahoma should lay a whoopin on Colorado this weekend, while this should be the "best" defensive backfield Sam Bradford has seen thus far, and it being an away game... it should show us alot about this team...

kevpks
9/26/2007, 12:37 AM
These two really jump out at you:

Colorado Run Offense - 84th
vs. Oklahoma Run Defense - 4th

Colorado Scoring Offense - 83rd
vs. Oklahoma Scoring Defense - 8th

Octavian
9/26/2007, 12:46 AM
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9493/mrburnshb1.gif (http://imageshack.us)

destroy them

ouwasp
9/26/2007, 12:54 AM
I just hope the beating commences early and procedes to get brutal. Take those Boulder hippies outta the game.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/26/2007, 01:04 AM
I went to a game in Boulder once, and I thought those were without a doubt the most obnoxious fans I've ever seen. WAAAAAY worse than Texas even. We were shutting them out, and the CU fans got frustrated with that, and one of THEIR OWN cheerleaders had to be carried away on a stretcher after being hit in the head with a beer bottle, apparently thrown from THEIR OWN student section.

Don't even get me started on what they did to the buffalo. Poor critter. I hope they at least gave him tranquilizers first.

Crucifax Autumn
9/26/2007, 01:05 AM
We gotta expect that every team we meet, we will be their "Superbowl". Stoops needs to drive home this point, the measuring stick is playing perfect...........not mailing in efforts against these inferior teams.

I think Stoops is really doing a great job addressing this. This season we've kept our heels on their throats from the start. Have we even been behind other than Tulsa? And how long did that last? How long was it close?

Miami challenged us, but we never got overly conservative or lessened our intensity.