PDA

View Full Version : Will Tebow Finish The Season......

soonersn2007
9/24/2007, 09:59 PM
without getting killed. I don't see how he is going to hold up, taking the pounding he is receiving thus far. LSU might end his running days if not some other SEC team.

Soonerus
9/24/2007, 10:00 PM
I think he will get injured...too many rushes for him each game...

sooneron
9/24/2007, 10:30 PM
If that kid has a chance to bolt for first round money, he better take it after next season. I don't see him lasting more than 3 more years at the competitive level.

LSUdeek
9/24/2007, 10:36 PM
We've caused the opposing starter at QB to get benched all 4 weeks now. Here's to hoping that continues at least through next Saturday. :D

soonersn2007
9/24/2007, 10:55 PM
I see Auburn will be coming into Florida this Saturday, as bad as Auburn has played.........i still sense a upset.

Soonerus
9/24/2007, 10:55 PM
I say Tebow hyper-extends an elbow....

Tidefan36854
9/24/2007, 11:08 PM
I say Tebow hyper-extends an elbow....

I say he suffers a "back" injury.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KIS4zqdfpKE
***Warning: mildly explicit lyrics:D ***

Oldnslo
9/25/2007, 03:27 PM
didn't some folks say this stuff about VY?

kevpks
9/25/2007, 03:36 PM
Well, we were 2-1 against VY so I could care less if we have to play Tebow.

NCSooner18
9/25/2007, 03:42 PM
I don't recall VY getting pounded as much. He was a little more elusive.

arcman46
9/25/2007, 04:11 PM
You have to wonder how the running play that he runs always seems to work. All it is a QB draw play. Someone should be able to stop it

OU Adonis
9/25/2007, 04:29 PM
A running QB takes less pounding than an immobile one getting drilled while trying to get off a pass.

silverwheels
9/25/2007, 04:31 PM
He's the size of a linebacker. He can take a beating.

royalfan5
9/25/2007, 04:33 PM
Tebow's a big kid. I really don't think durability will be too much of an issue with him.

stoopified
9/25/2007, 04:49 PM
Tebow's a big kid. I really don't think durability will be too much of an issue with him.
Maybe not but I would think continued pounding on running plays (especially on throwing shoulder) won't help his passing ability.

picasso
9/25/2007, 05:16 PM
He's the size of a linebacker. He can take a beating.
linebackers don't have to throw the football.

royalfan5
9/25/2007, 05:52 PM
Maybe not but I would think continued pounding on running plays (especially on throwing shoulder) won't help his passing ability.
Nebraska had some QB's hold up pretty well under beatings. I think Tebow will be fine.

silverwheels
9/25/2007, 06:05 PM
linebackers don't have to throw the football.

True, but the point is he's not a china doll. He's big enough to leave his mark on any defensive back. IIRC he totally trucked some LSU defender last year.

Crucifax Autumn
9/26/2007, 12:39 AM
Doesn't matter if he makes it through the season or not, the last game he's in will NOT be the BCS championship.

That said, I hope he doesn't get hurt or anything too bad. Don't like him, but his agony of defeat should be when he loses a game, not a knee.

picasso
9/27/2007, 12:38 PM
Nebraska had some QB's hold up pretty well under beatings. I think Tebow will be fine.
that threw the ball 3 times a game.

See Colt McCoy for your throwing QB injured shoulder quandary.

royalfan5
9/27/2007, 12:39 PM
that threw the ball 3 times a game.

See Colt McCoy for your throwing QB injured shoulder quandary.
More like 15 times a game. McCoy also is 30lbs smaller than Tebow.

picasso
9/27/2007, 12:43 PM
More like 15 times a game. McCoy also is 30lbs smaller than Tebow.
that doesn't matter when you get a shot to the mellon.;)

Nebraska threw 15 times a game 10 years ago? At what, the sidelines?

My point is if you keep running and get a banged up shoulder it's ok if you run the wishbone, not if you like the forward pass.

royalfan5
9/27/2007, 12:52 PM
that doesn't matter when you get a shot to the mellon.;)

Nebraska threw 15 times a game 10 years ago? At what, the sidelines?

My point is if you keep running and get a banged up shoulder it's ok if you run the wishbone, not if you like the forward pass.
Scott Frost had 200 passing attemps in 1996. If you divide that by 13 games you get 15.3333 attemps per game. Eric Crouch averaged around 15 attempts per game throughout his career. Frazier averaged close to that as well, plus you have at account for Berringer's attemps as well.

soonersn2007
9/27/2007, 02:33 PM
IMO, when someone gets a solid bead on Tebow..............and catches him under the chinstrap or the ribs, he will be out like a light. Vegas should start taking odds on him being put out of the game against LSU.

picasso
9/27/2007, 03:27 PM
Scott Frost had 200 passing attemps in 1996. If you divide that by 13 games you get 15.3333 attemps per game. Eric Crouch averaged around 15 attempts per game throughout his career. Frazier averaged close to that as well, plus you have at account for Berringer's attemps as well.
allsome.

OU Adonis
9/27/2007, 03:57 PM
People really think that all teams that ran the option were wishbone teams. If you don't know what your talking about then best not say anything.

Neb's offense was a power running attack based out of the I formation. THEY DID NOT RUN THE WISHBONE OR THE TRIPLE OPTION. They threw quite a bit more than OU did back when we ran the bone.

Just because you have a quarterback that runs the option and you run the ball a lot does not mean you run the wishbone or a triple option based offense.

If anyone wants a break down on what they ran I will be happy to discuss it, otherwise you can just continue to pull crap out your ...elbow.

picasso
9/27/2007, 04:08 PM
People really think that all teams that ran the option were wishbone teams. If you don't know what your talking about then best not say anything.

Neb's offense was a power running attack based out of the I formation. THEY DID NOT RUN THE WISHBONE OR THE TRIPLE OPTION. They threw quite a bit more than OU did back when we ran the bone.

Just because you have a quarterback that runs the option and you run the ball a lot does not mean you run the wishbone or a triple option based offense.

If anyone wants a break down on what they ran I will be happy to discuss it, otherwise you can just continue to pull crap out your ...elbow.
I never said they ran the wishbone.:) Yeah they ran the power I with the option and they were a running team.
Any comparison to that offense and the one Florida runs now? Football nerds? Anyone?

OU Adonis
9/27/2007, 04:12 PM
Not sure to be be honest. I haven't watched UF this year to be honest. IIRC Utah ran a form of spread option with zone reads and such. But my memory is a bit hazy as I only watched a few games with Urban Myer leading Utah.

picasso
9/27/2007, 04:25 PM
sad to admit but I haven't really watched anyone other than OU in the flesh.

Saw a bit of USC. belch.

sooneron
9/27/2007, 05:00 PM
I'd lay odds that Lofton could make him regret going between the tackles. I don't think he'll make it through college healthy and effective at this rate. I think he throws the ball more than 15 times a game, btw. He has thrown the ball 95 times thus far. I don't dislike him. He seems like a decent dude, but he is going to get hammered more as the season moves along.

And it was rare that someone got a clean shot on VY, he has that way of making a hit slide off of him. Kind of like a good boxer.

soonersn2007
9/28/2007, 09:09 PM
Pat White, a running QB.....deep thigh bruise against USF. Big ole lumbering Tebow odds of taking a shot like that are greater.