PDA

View Full Version : HEROES: SEASON 2

Widescreen
9/24/2007, 04:06 PM
Thread started mainly to make Craw happy.

Widescreen
9/24/2007, 04:11 PM
Can someone give a summary of where we left off? I haven't seen any of the reruns and my memory is a little moldy.

Beef
9/24/2007, 04:18 PM
They saved the cheerleader and saved the world.

sooner_born_1960
9/24/2007, 04:51 PM
Or did they?

Widescreen
9/24/2007, 05:10 PM
I hope we get a good dose of Hiro tonight. He's the best character in the show. Oh, and less Mohinder would be good too.

soonerboomer93
9/24/2007, 05:53 PM
not on iTunes yet, they better get their **** together soon

MextheBulldog
9/24/2007, 06:01 PM
Sorry, bad with names on this show. But basically Superman/President boy saved the world by grabbing his nuclear little bro, they flew to space, and then both of them appeared to blow up. This was of course after all the Heroes ganged up on Silar and appeared to kill him, but he was able to escape (standard shot of the body on the ground, then the next shot was of the body gone). So, temporarily, world saved.

BudSooner
9/24/2007, 07:01 PM
But what happened to the Larter chick? I forget what she did at the end....other than strut around looking hawt.

GottaHavePride
9/24/2007, 07:15 PM
She teamed up with Milla Jovovich and kicked some zombie asses in the desert. Or something.

Widescreen
9/24/2007, 07:16 PM
She was helping defeat Syler.

BudSooner
9/24/2007, 07:18 PM
She teamed up with Milla Jovovich and kicked some zombie asses in the desert. Or something.

Well yeah, that and she's supa HAWT.:D

Cam
9/24/2007, 08:00 PM
That and the cheerleader turned 18 over the summer.

SoonerDood
9/24/2007, 08:20 PM
That and the cheerleader turned 18 over the summer.
HELL YES!

Widescreen
9/24/2007, 11:47 PM
Weird ending.

Was that a young Peter hovering outside Nathan's house? What power does the Mexican chick have? Who killed Hiro's dad?

OU4LIFE
9/25/2007, 07:11 AM
Weird ending.

Was that a young Peter hovering outside Nathan's house? What power does the Mexican chick have? Who killed Hiro's dad?

no.

she's a virus carrier.

one of the 'nine', duh.

oh and the SO has changed how i watch this show. It comes on tonight and starts with Mohinder narrating and the very first thing I think is how much the SO is gonna hate that.

Boomer.....
9/25/2007, 07:30 AM
The person floating outside of the cheerleaders room was a kid she met at her new school.

I don't get how the president guy and his brother are still alive after they blew up.

sooner_born_1960
9/25/2007, 07:33 AM
It looks like this season's theme is going to be Mohinder and HRG's quest to eliminate the '9' or '7', if two of them died falling off the building.

soonerbrat
9/25/2007, 07:53 AM
Peter and Nathan are back?
but they blew up!

i need to watch it, but i forgot to set my DVR.

OU4LIFE
9/25/2007, 08:19 AM
It looks like this season's theme is going to be Mohinder and HRG's quest to eliminate the '9' or '7', if two of them died falling off the building.

well, two went off the building, but only one was lying dead at the bottom.

SoonerJack
9/25/2007, 08:23 AM
Regarding Peter and Nathan blowing up. I don't think I imagined both of them blowing up. I imagined Nathan flying Peter up and out far enough to not damage the world when he exploded and then racing away thus saving himself. However, the dialog at the end of the last episode from season one led you to believe that Nathan was going to be a martyr too. But he just grew a beard and started drinking a lot.

I'm not convinced that Maya is a carrier.

I am convinced that Clare is still hawt.

I am cracking up at HRG's boss at Copy Kingdom!!!

royalfan5
9/25/2007, 08:40 AM
I just started watching the show yesterday. I think I will keep watching it, even though I haven't quite figured out WTF is going on yet. Am I completely off by thinking the burned up dude killed Sulu?

Hot Rod
9/25/2007, 09:03 AM
I am cracking up at HRG's boss at Copy Kingdom!!!

"Uh, we have a line of customers out there!"

It was good to see it once again. Poor Hiro's hero.

Widescreen
9/25/2007, 09:26 AM
I just started watching the show yesterday. I think I will keep watching it, even though I haven't quite figured out WTF is going on yet. Am I completely off by thinking the burned up dude killed Sulu?
Go rent the 1st season and watch in post haste or you'll be more confused than those of us who have followed it from day 1. Seriously. You'll be glad you did.

royalfan5
9/25/2007, 09:27 AM
Go rent the 1st season and watch in post haste or you'll be more confused than those of us who have followed it from day 1. Seriously. You'll be glad you did.
My roommate just ordered it, so I should be able to start catching up in a couple days.

Widescreen
9/25/2007, 09:29 AM
The Bennet's sure live in a nice house considering they're in Cali now and he works at a Kinko's. He must have set aside a nice chunk of change.

Hot Rod
9/25/2007, 09:29 AM
My roommate just ordered it, so I should be able to start catching up in a couple days.

He's one of us now. :)

Hot Rod
9/25/2007, 09:32 AM
The Bennet's sure live in a nice house considering they're in Cali now and he works at a Kinko's. He must have set aside a nice chunk of change.

Didn't the mom mention something around the fact that their dog was some prize-winning dog? Perhaps, it was the prize money.

Noticed that as well though.

sooner_born_1960
9/25/2007, 09:33 AM
well, two went off the building, but only one was lying dead at the bottom.
I'll defer to your greater powers of observation. It looked like two to me.

Widescreen
9/25/2007, 09:34 AM
I'll defer to your greater powers of observation. It looked like two to me.
It was dark down there but I'm pretty sure it was just one.

royalfan5
9/25/2007, 09:37 AM
It looked like just one to me as well.

OU4LIFE
9/25/2007, 09:41 AM

It was Kopy Kingdom dammit! They pay at least ten times what Kinko's does...

Widescreen
9/25/2007, 09:46 AM
It was Kopy Kingdom dammit! They pay at least ten times what Kinko's does...
I wonder if they're hiring.

Frozen Sooner
9/25/2007, 09:51 AM
Welcome to Top Copy!

Yeah, there was only one at the bottom.

Was that Peter Petrelli in the shipping container? Looked like him to me.

frankensooner
9/25/2007, 09:55 AM
Hard to tell with the short hair. ;)

OU4LIFE
9/25/2007, 10:17 AM
and he was sportin a fancy new necklace....

skycat
9/25/2007, 10:30 AM
Yeah, that was Peter.

I still think this is the most uneven TV show in the history of TV shows.

Was the kid that played brother Bennet the same as last season? He didn't look familar to me for some reason.

frankensooner
9/25/2007, 10:33 AM
I am pretty sure it is the same kid, he just is a little older, maybe hit a growth spurt.

Scott D
9/25/2007, 11:11 AM
yeah peter in the storage thing. sylar is somehow at the beach. someone's put a hit out on sulu and mama petrelli, we're suppossed to believe that it's sulu that is lying down on the ground in a pool of blood, but I wouldn't be surprised to find it's not him.

clearly maya and flying boy are new characters that they'll poorly flesh out over the season to be either 'good' or 'bad'.

soonerbrat
9/25/2007, 11:47 AM
i need to quit reading this thread

Widescreen
9/25/2007, 11:52 AM
i need to quit reading this thread
Like you didn't see Claire's death coming.

sooner_born_1960
9/25/2007, 12:01 PM
Like you didn't see Claire's death coming.
If someone will just reassemble her pieces, she'll come back to life.

SoonerJack
9/25/2007, 12:01 PM
Skycat, any scene with Clare in it, you just look at Clare, not anything else.

frankensooner
9/25/2007, 12:05 PM
but going through the woodchipper is going to make that pretty hard.

OU4LIFE
9/25/2007, 12:29 PM

do you mean 'reassemble her pieces' or 'reassemble her pieces'?

;)

sooner_born_1960
9/25/2007, 10:44 PM
Pieces, parts. You know. Like chicken parts. Like they have in the meat department.

Sooner_Bob
9/25/2007, 11:09 PM
I just watched it a few minutes ago . . . man I'm glad I got a DVR. :D

I'm wondering why Ando didn't recognize Nathan . . . they only ran into each other a few times last season right?

Frozen Sooner
9/26/2007, 12:22 AM
Couple of things on that:

1. Consider how "alike" a lot of Americans consider Asians to look. Asians think the same thing about us. I've had more than one Japanese person tell me that they have a hard time telling white people apart.

2. The last time Ando would have seen Nathan, he was clean-shaven and well-groomed. Now he looks like a wino with a huge ol' beard.

Oh, and Maya is a chupacabra. Totally.

soonerboomer93
9/26/2007, 12:56 AM
mmm, claire....

Peter had clairs regen ability, so exploding for him isn't necessarily exploding for someone else... That, and just like the guy he took the power from, he's probably not affective by his radioactivity, just those around.

i think new kid who met claire can do more then fly, just a feeling, but why introduce another flier if that's all they can do, or it's her 1/2 brother 'cause we all know dad was a playa...

oh yeah, and mmmm, Claire

oh, and **** you itunes for not having season 2 available, i'm buying a slingbox

oh, and mmm, Claire...

Frozen Sooner
9/26/2007, 01:02 AM
Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that earlier sb93-since Universal has decided to not reup with iTunes, iTunes will not be carrying any NBC shows any longer. Amazon Unbox should have them though.

soonerboomer93
9/26/2007, 01:41 AM
**** iTunes then...

unbox only works in the states...

however, teh innaweb is my friend...

crawfish
9/26/2007, 07:50 AM
Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that earlier sb93-since Universal has decided to not reup with iTunes, iTunes will not be carrying any NBC shows any longer. Mininova should have them though.

Hmmm... :pop:

soonerbrat
9/26/2007, 08:35 AM
**** iTunes then...

unbox only works in the states...

however, teh innaweb is my friend...

stupid itunes.

can you watch a whole episode on NBC.com? i thought they only showed a 2 minute recap.

sooner_born_1960
9/26/2007, 08:49 AM
full episodes on nbc.com.

Smash
9/26/2007, 08:58 AM
Oh, and Maya is a chupacabra. Totally.

I said the very same thing to my wife.

She told me to shut up.

frankensooner
9/26/2007, 09:08 AM
Seriously, since they are brother and sister, I think their powers work in tandem. He kind of surpresses her killing ability. Also, I didn't see any goats on the truck.

Desert Sapper
9/26/2007, 05:17 PM
Is Hiro going to save the village instead of his 'hero' and claim the swordsmith's daughter?

soonerboomer93
9/26/2007, 05:59 PM
probably not, but he should

interesting that they've decided to explore changing the past route, i wonder how they will show the changes in the future?

GottaHavePride
9/26/2007, 07:18 PM
Everything Hiro does in the past has already happened in the past, so the future won't change.

Time travel's a bitch that way. ;)

Frozen Sooner
9/26/2007, 08:15 PM
I said the very same thing to my wife.

She told me to shut up.

You should tell her what the five fingers said to the face.

GottaHavePride
9/26/2007, 09:48 PM
Skycat, any scene with Clare in it, you just look at Clare, not anything else.

Mmmmm. Claire Danes.

Speaking of, she looked good in Stardust.

TheLurker
9/26/2007, 10:05 PM
Hiro will definately take the place of (Kensei?).

He will use his power to make sure everything he does matches what he was told as a child. That is what will make him the disillusioned future Hiro.

soonerboomer93
9/26/2007, 11:37 PM
they're replaying it on saturday 8pm est

soonerboomer93
9/26/2007, 11:40 PM
maybe Linderman is/was a descendant of Kensei (he did have the sword and all)?

jwlynn64
9/28/2007, 04:23 AM
I think that Hiro will just help him to save the villiage and in doing so, he will inspire him into being the person that Hiro grew up admiring.

soonerboomer93
10/2/2007, 10:42 PM
ah, they explained the symbol partially this week

(and didn't any one watch it?)

royalfan5
10/2/2007, 10:59 PM
I'm confused on whether Hiro healed Kensi, or Kensi healed himself with the arrows. It seemed kind of open to me.

Widescreen
10/2/2007, 11:04 PM
I initially took it to mean he healed himself. However, when he got shot he basically told Hiro "sorry". So either he was healed some other way or he didn't know he had the power to self-heal.

soonerboomer93
10/2/2007, 11:55 PM
he might not have known that he could heal himself

oh, and Claire is ****in nutz...

OU4LIFE
10/3/2007, 07:01 AM
Hiro will definately take the place of (Kensei?).

He will use his power to make sure everything he does matches what he was told as a child. That is what will make him the disillusioned future Hiro.

boy were YOU wrong. ;)

OU4LIFE
10/3/2007, 07:07 AM
I initially took it to mean he healed himself. However, when he got shot he basically told Hiro "sorry". So either he was healed some other way or he didn't know he had the power to self-heal.

I think SB is correct, he didn't know he could heal himself, he was always hiring some other fool to go in and pretend to be him, so he never had to find out.

Now he knows, now his legend will grow.

Claire is still hot.

Cam
10/5/2007, 09:19 PM
I wish they'd chill with the sub-titles. Bugs the hell outta me.

soonerboomer93
10/5/2007, 09:51 PM
oh, Claire is major league

the ****ing nutz parts just makes it more interesting...

jwlynn64
11/2/2007, 04:52 PM
Wow, is the show so bad that no one has bothered to post about it in a month? Or has this switched to a new thread?

crawfish
11/2/2007, 05:04 PM
It's pretty bleah this season. I'm not giving up on it yet, but it's losing my interest fast.

soonerloyal
11/2/2007, 05:34 PM
I think the upcoming premise of the virus, and how it can affect non-Heroes as well, looks intriguing. I still like the show very much; it's just a bit of a slow start. The last few episodes of Season One were so intense, I sort of expected a lag given that we're gearing up for a different direction.

I'm not quick to be disappointed when I like a show. The superior premise will hold true.

soonerboomer93
11/2/2007, 06:17 PM
um, the last episode i saw was 2 weeks ago

I can't get amazon unbox, nbc.com full episodes, netflix because they all block international ip's

and the other site i'd use has been freakin down all week

if someone knows a site, pm me

jwlynn64
11/5/2007, 05:41 PM
I'm actually quite interested in the Peter story line. Looks like he is starting to really get control of his abilities.

Not sure about the Hiro story yet. The muscle mimic might be interesting. Also, what's up with Nikki? Have they turned her full time into Jessica?

Widescreen
11/5/2007, 06:01 PM
More Sylar. The whole brother/sister X-Files black oil thing is lame. Claire is still smoking hot.

royalfan5
11/5/2007, 10:19 PM
I can't wait till Mohinder caps Noah Bennett.

handcrafted
11/5/2007, 10:28 PM
So far so good. They've got me wondering where this is all going, which means it's not predictable, which is good. And no Latino black-eye death squad this week (yay!).

Nice twist with Matt Parkman's abilities. I'm glad the Hiro in Japan storyline is over, that was starting to get old.

But apparently we haven't seen the last of "Kensei" (Adam).

SleestakSooner
11/5/2007, 10:32 PM
gee thanks for the superhero soap opera NBC...

Veritas
11/5/2007, 10:35 PM
I can't wait till Mohinder caps Noah Bennett.
Yeah, I'll be interested to see how they work that in. Thank God the Japan storyline is over. That was getting dull.

Claire just keeps getting hotter.

royalfan5
11/5/2007, 11:10 PM
Also, I am really looking forward to Kristen Bell's return as the blond with lightning frying people for her daddy(Bob?)

garland sooner
11/6/2007, 09:57 AM
i just saw last night's episode this morning. (I used bittorrent.) I didn't see the Adam part coming. Now it's getting interesting.:pop:

handcrafted
11/6/2007, 10:58 AM
The suckage now is the writers strike. Word is they've shot a season capper ending for episode 11 just in case. If they can't resolve the strike in time that's all we will get for a while.

OU4LIFE
11/6/2007, 11:16 AM
yeah, but they are saying that most shows have enough material to last until February.

I'm more worried about getting LOST started on time.

garland sooner
11/6/2007, 11:46 AM
if that's the case, there will be no BOOP, BEEP thread in january.

seriously, is this strike really going to affect all of tv?

royalfan5
11/6/2007, 11:55 AM
if that's the case, there will be no BOOP, BEEP thread in january.

seriously, is this strike really going to affect all of tv?
Reality shows will be unaffected, as well as sports.

handcrafted
11/6/2007, 12:54 PM
Reality shows will be unaffected, as well as sports.

I give that a BOO-YAY. Also we'll see large doses of Dateline n stuff like that.

The reality shows are bound to be lamer than usual as they all scramble to one-up each other with silliness. On the up-side, I wonder if the networks with winter sports contracts will consider showing more weeknight games (hockey comes to mind). ABC may start pulling ESPN programming over to the primary network to fill time (like MLS playoffs, perhaps, hint hint :D).

The talk shows are off into reruns, as well as the Daily Show and Colbert. Some of the sitcoms have shut down because they rely on re-writes on-set (The Office being an example). Shows like Heroes have banked scripts which they can complete shooting, but they'll run out pretty fast (Heroes is now slotted to end on December 3, and they've officially cancelled the Heroes - Origins spinoff).

SoonerJack
11/20/2007, 08:50 AM
Let's get back to Heroes folks, and the most important topic:

Hayden or Kristen. Who's hawter?

Discuss

Desert Sapper
11/20/2007, 08:56 AM
I refused to believe that Mohinder had it in him to shoot Bennett...until last night. Dayyyyum.

The whole Adam/Kensei storyline should get really interesting here. 400+ year old invincible guy vs. the world. Boo-yah!

Hot Rod
11/20/2007, 10:29 AM
Yeah, I was wondering if Adam knew Hiro yet.

If Bennett is such a "bad person", then why keep his body? Guess time will tell.

skycat
11/20/2007, 11:02 AM
I liked that episode. Even West wasn't horribly annoying.

I do wish they would have kept Noah dead. I was hoping to see Avenging Angel Claire get ****ed and kick some Company ***. I think she'd be an interesting character to make into a dark vigilante type.

OUTromBoNado
11/20/2007, 10:44 PM
I've already read in a few places that 24 has already been postponed.

Shows like Heroes have banked scripts which they can complete shooting, but they'll run out pretty fast (Heroes is now slotted to end on December 3, and they've officially cancelled the Heroes - Origins spinoff).

That sucks. I was really looking forward to Origins. Something to keep the show fresh during the holiday break, and it had good potential.

SoonerDood
11/20/2007, 11:54 PM
whoa! Trombonado watches Heroes too?! I thought we were just "Race" fans!

soonerboomer93
11/26/2007, 06:44 AM
just finally caught up through episode 9

not sure, this season just feels too scattered. I'm glad they mainly focus on 1 or 2 areas at a time instead of covering everyone on every episode.

I knew claires blood would be used to heal HRG, just not what I expected (they foreshadowed this when Adam used his to heal nathan). I wonder if the blood permanetly turns them into invicibles (which an of course be over ridden by the virus designed to supress the genes). I had a feeling it would be Kensei showing up as the evil villian. He's the only other regen we knew of and there was no body next to Hiro's father.

soonerboomer93
11/26/2007, 06:45 AM
oh, and I have no idea how they will pull everything together enough to use ep 11 as a season finale, unless they just completely drop the bother/sister/sylar line (or they show up in NY next week but that would just push it too fast).

Them starting to show some evil tendancies in every character is eh

garland sooner
12/5/2007, 01:55 AM
this sucks. i understand that the scriptwriters need a paycheck but i'm ****ed this show ended. i really wonder how the original script was supposed to go.

Widescreen
12/5/2007, 06:25 AM
I'm glad Sylar is back. I just hope the next time Peter and Sylar meet, that Peter actually fights.

I actually wish Kristin was hotter because I still kind of feel gross that Hayden is.

OU4LIFE
12/5/2007, 08:28 AM
I'm SO tired of the Sylar storyline...he just needs to go be Spock and move on.

the next 400 years is a long time to spend in a casket.

Who shot Nathan, cause it SURE looked like HRG. And the company WAS filming them in the vault remember.

They missed a good chance to have some fun with all of the stuff in the vault, IMO. It had to be some pretty cool stuff to be locked away with the virus.

Mohinder is the biggest tool on the planet. How can one guy who is supposedly so smart, get played by EVERYBODY he meets...amazing. Shuresh must be Hindu for moran.

jwlynn64
9/22/2008, 04:44 PM
Mohinder is the biggest tool on the planet. How can one guy who is supposedly so smart, get played by EVERYBODY he meets...amazing. Shuresh must be Hindu for moran.

No kidding. That guy is as wishy washy as Obama on the Surge! I keed, I keed all you political types! ;)

They only thing lamer would be if they had some kid on the show who could talk to computers! Damn! they do and it is lame! :)

Cam
9/22/2008, 07:44 PM
Hayden's looking pretty :hot: on the preview show.

CK Sooner
9/22/2008, 07:45 PM
Hayden's looking pretty :hot: on the preview show.

:cool: