PDA

View Full Version : Did we play this past week?

Sooner_Havok
9/24/2007, 02:01 PM
I was watching college football live, and the only evidence I could find that OU actually played this past week was a clip of AP running the ball while they went to a commercial. They played the Gumby interview in full, showed every touchdown from that game, and mentioned how great USC looked against WSU.

So I ask, did OU play? I am not one of the guys running around complaining about our rankings, I know there is a lot of season left, but they could at least mention, "Oh, and OU played a game this week, they won." That would make me happy, just admit that the University of Oklahoma plays the sport of football, and that their team won their game that week.

Am I out of line? If a USC blowout gets TV time, why can't an OUr game just be mentioned? I don't even need highlights, let USC have all the highlights, I just want them to say "Oklahoma won, moving on..."

Malcolm Kelly's Cousin
9/24/2007, 02:06 PM
I noticed that.

I think they ran over OUr air time with clips of Gundy going off. That's about all of the Oklahoma football they could handle talking about, I guess.

EuScPN? Coincidence? I think not.

Crimson Blonde
9/24/2007, 02:06 PM
I fully agree with you, even though you sound just like my little brother! :P

For real though, was there even anything on Game Day Saturday? I started watching a little late, but I never heard them say anything about the OU game........

tommieharris91
9/24/2007, 02:07 PM
No, but Notre Dame actually scored on offense this week. Twice actually. What's wrong with them? Well, a blocking sled could work better than their current OLine, and they have no speed or offensive talent, and they have no speed due to past recruiting classes sucking and being overhyped, and...

OU won 62-21

Sooner_Havok
9/24/2007, 02:14 PM
They didn't even have OUr score on the ticker at the bottom of the screen saturday. It went from USC to LSU, to Florida, and then West Virginia and the rest of the top 25, including aTm. Like I said, I don't care about them even showing any highlights from OUr games, but at least put the score up sometimes, and mention OU.

Crimson Blonde
9/24/2007, 02:16 PM
No, but Notre Dame actually scored on offense this week. Twice actually. What's wrong with them? Well, a blocking sled could work better than their current OLine, and they have no speed or offensive talent, and they have no speed due to past recruiting classes sucking and being overhyped, and...

OU won 62-21

:D funny, funny, funny!

cvsooner
9/24/2007, 03:02 PM
They didn't even have OUr score on the ticker at the bottom of the screen saturday. It went from USC to LSU, to Florida, and then West Virginia and the rest of the top 25, including aTm. Like I said, I don't care about them even showing any highlights from OUr games, but at least put the score up sometimes, and mention OU.

Okay, I'll agree there was hardly any talk about OU and its win over Tulsa on Saturday, but I know ABC, ESPN and ESPN2 all had the score in the running list of top 25 team scores all day long. At least they did here in California...

They also noted Bradford and Patrick stats.

A-M
9/24/2007, 04:42 PM
GET USE TO IT!! ESPN and other stations do not like OU, and will talk about almost any other school, or subject matter for that fact, to keep from saying the word "OU".

IronSooner
9/24/2007, 04:48 PM
Okay, I'll agree there was hardly any talk about OU and its win over Tulsa on Saturday, but I know ABC, ESPN and ESPN2 all had the score in the running list of top 25 team scores all day long. At least they did here in California...

Yep, that's what I saw. I thought they'd say something about us saturday morning since we'd played the night before, but after 5 minutes I decided to run errands instead. We'll get talked about in October, not before.

Sooner_Havok
9/24/2007, 05:10 PM

They did run our game on the ticker early in the day saturday, but when they where doing the college gameday saturday night, they skipped right past number four on their ticker. I was watching it, and someone pointed out that they hadn't made mention of our game and I said, sure they did, on the ticker. Then, when it was time for the number four team to come across the bottom, we weren't there.

I do like that they have Sam in their Heisman watch, but they could mention the rest of the team.

edit: Maybe it was since our game was on Friday, but then why was aTm/Miami still running with a caption reading (Thurs)?

josh09
9/24/2007, 05:34 PM
I was watching college football live, and the only evidence I could find that OU actually played this past week was a clip of AP running the ball while they went to a commercial. They played the Gumby interview in full, showed every touchdown from that game, and mentioned how great USC looked against WSU.

So I ask, did OU play? I am not one of the guys running around complaining about our rankings, I know there is a lot of season left, but they could at least mention, "Oh, and OU played a game this week, they won." That would make me happy, just admit that the University of Oklahoma plays the sport of football, and that their team won their game that week.

Am I out of line? If a USC blowout gets TV time, why can't an OUr game just be mentioned? I don't even need highlights, let USC have all the highlights, I just want them to say "Oklahoma won, moving on..."

Might be because we played friday, usually non-saturday hilights dont get as much air time on saturdays.

silverwheels
9/24/2007, 05:39 PM
We played on a Friday night and we beat a mid-major by 41. Two strikes. We've blown out everyone this season, so us winning by a lot isn't really news. Strike three, we're out.

Oh, wait, sorry. I mean the media is biased against us. OMG, Everyone hates OU!!!!

Sooner_Havok
9/24/2007, 05:47 PM
We played on a Friday night and we beat a mid-major by 41. Two strikes. We've blown out everyone this season, so us winning by a lot isn't really news. Strike three, we're out.

Oh, wait, sorry. I mean the media is biased against us. OMG, Everyone hates OU!!!!

That's not what I am saying, and I think you know it. I am not saying ESPN is biased against us, Just curious why they wouldn't show many highlights, or even talk about a game that was played on their network. Like I said, the Sam lovefest is nice, it really is, and if they hated us, why give Sammy B. love? it is just curious that a Florida romp over Florida (Blank) University in week one gets all kinds of highlights, but none for an OU romp in week three. To many close games this week? Old Hat that OU wins be 40+?

silverwheels
9/24/2007, 05:49 PM
That wasn't really directed towards you.

Sooner_Havok
9/24/2007, 05:50 PM
That wasn't really directed towards you.

:D

josh09
9/24/2007, 05:50 PM
That's not what I am saying, and I think you know it. I am not saying ESPN is biased against us, Just curious why they wouldn't show many highlights, or even talk about a game that was played on their network. Like I said, the Sam lovefest is nice, it really is, and if they hated us, why give Sammy B. love? it is just curious that a Florida romp over Florida (Blank) University in week one gets all kinds of highlights, but none for an OU romp in week three. To many close games this week? Old Hat that OU wins be 40+?

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100189

This guy thinks so. :rolleyes: