PDA

View Full Version : Anyone listening to Ahmadinejad?

Beef
9/24/2007, 01:38 PM
The President of Columbia is pwning the president of Iran.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/24/2007, 01:53 PM
I swear to God, he looks like Ringo Starr.

http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/2/7/6/5/14425672-14425674-large.jpg

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/061129/061129_ahmadinejad_vlrg_4a.widec.jpg

SicEmBaylor
9/24/2007, 01:59 PM
I'm watching.

jeremy885
9/24/2007, 02:31 PM
The President of Columbia is pwning the president of Iran.

This is why I waited to see how the "Q&A" portion of his Columbia speech went before jumping on the pull their funding bandwagon.

Have they asked him about Holocaust yet?

Scott D
9/24/2007, 02:45 PM
I liked the part where he said "I wanna give mad props to my boy OklahomaTuba, and his buddy SicEmBaylor"

OklahomaTuba
9/24/2007, 02:49 PM
I just heard those lefty idgits in the crowd giving him an extended applause.

How clueless these people are.

He should've been arrested the second he set foot on American soil, and sent to Gitmo where his terrorist *** belongs.

OklahomaTuba
9/24/2007, 02:51 PM
So whose next on Columbia's schedule?

Osama Bin Laden? Pol Pot? That english guy from American Idol?

Petro-Sooner
9/24/2007, 02:53 PM
Why is he let in the country to begin with? Two, why is he at Columbia U? And sadly it doesnt surprise me someone like him gets applause on an American campus.

OklahomaTuba
9/24/2007, 02:57 PM
Welcome to another edition of Liberal Fantasyland™.

Where raving mad terrorist sponsoring holocaust denying dictators get applauded with no end, & the minute men & U.S. military is booed off campus and can't recruit there.

Petro-Sooner
9/24/2007, 03:01 PM
Sickening!!!

jeremy885
9/24/2007, 03:05 PM
This is what got the applause:

""Mr. President, you exhibit all the signs of a petty and cruel dictator," Bollinger said to applause from many of the 600 people in the room for a speech from the Iranian leader."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/24/us.iran/index.html

Howzit
9/24/2007, 03:08 PM
Why in the world would lefty idgits applaud that?

jeremy885
9/24/2007, 03:12 PM
Maybe they dislike him for other reasons? The whole "we don't have gays and women have equal rights" statement ****es them off more then Israel shouldn't exist or the Holocaust is a myth statements.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/24/2007, 04:01 PM
""Mr. President, you exhibit all the signs of a petty and cruel dictator," Bollinger said to applause from many of the 600 people in the room for a speech from the Iranian leader."

Sadly enough, that isn't the only thing that got applause.

A few of Ahmadidinejabbawabbadirka's comments were well received by the audience.

Petro-Sooner
9/24/2007, 04:13 PM
So he was here to give a speech? Why? A school. An American school actually paid this guy to come to America so he could spew his garbage? Are you freakin kidding me?

soonerscuba
9/24/2007, 04:21 PM
So he was here to give a speech? Why? A school. An American school actually paid this guy to come to America so he could spew his garbage? Are you freakin kidding me?

He is in town for a UN thing, took up the offer to so richly enjoy a chance for freedom of speech, a right he denies his own people. Sunlight is the best disinfectant, the more he talks, the more he reveals himself; which according to Tuba and Rush, all liberals love.

SoonerStormchaser
9/24/2007, 04:40 PM
Well...it's *******s like him that keep me in business. So I guess I don't mind him.

picasso
9/24/2007, 05:09 PM
Johnny number 5!!!

GottaHavePride
9/24/2007, 05:19 PM
Sadly enough, that isn't the only thing that got applause.

A few of Ahmadidinejabbawabbadirka's comments were well received by the audience.

As a theory:

Just because he's a crackpot dictator of a terrorism-sponsoring country doesn't mean he's incapable of speaking well in front of a crowd. It also does not prevent him from occasionally having a few valid criticisms of this country that an audience might actually agree with.

OK, with that said it's also important to remember: there's a BIG jump between students politely applauding a speaker and putting on burkhas and going all jihaadi-style on us. I don't think this is as big a deal as you guys are making it.

Also - they can't just arrest him for entering this country. He IS a visiting head of state. Packing him off to a cell somewhere when he hasn't broken any laws in this country would NOT go over well in the international community.

SicEmBaylor
9/24/2007, 05:22 PM
As a theory:

Just because he's a crackpot dictator of a terrorism-sponsoring country doesn't mean he's incapable of speaking well in front of a crowd. It also does not prevent him from occasionally having a few valid criticisms of this country that an audience might actually agree with.

OK, with that said it's also important to remember: there's a BIG jump between students politely applauding a speaker and putting on burkhas and going all jihaadi-style on us. I don't think this is as big a deal as you guys are making it.

Also - they can't just arrest him for entering this country. He IS a visiting head of state. Packing him off to a cell somewhere when he hasn't broken any laws in this country would NOT go over well in the international community.

Several things that he said were fairly accurate criticisms, but it's all about who is making them. Yes, he did actually make a couple of valid points but those are internal/domestic debates to be made by Americans. It's totally and completely different to applaud an American who says those things and applauding an individual who has vowed to wipe us and the Israelis off the face of the Earth.

Also, he doesn't have to have committed a domestic crime to be arrested. Obviously, the fallout from arresting a guy with diplomatic immunity would be HUGE, but the United States doesn't need a domestic crime reason to arrest anyone who actively attacks American citizens, property, and interests.

SicEmBaylor
9/24/2007, 05:39 PM
Let me put this another way.

If Hitler had spoken at Columbia and warned the American people, "You must stop electing liberal Democrats who are all communists and determined to sell the United States out in the name of global Marxism", I might agree with the guy but I'm sure as **** not going to stand up and cheer the son of a *****.

85Sooner
9/24/2007, 06:07 PM

Because a university is supposed to be a forum for diversity:D :D :D

Just don't let the diverse opinions come from the NRA, The rotc, any group that is against glad etc...... That is NOT allowed. Hiel!

Tulsa_Fireman
9/24/2007, 06:11 PM
As a theory:

Not having viewed the speech in its entirety, I can't say here nor there. However, I viewed a large portion of the speech, and with excuses to what members of the audience understand Farsi (I think that's it), I think speaking well in front of a crowd might actually be a null point. It was the translation the majority of the audience received, and given his tone and demeanor in delivering the speech, I've come to the conclusion it was 1) content delivered and 2) the delivery boy's mere presence. One of which is indicative of something seriously wrong when the delivery boy, a representative of a nation responsible not just for funding ethereal concepts to the American youth like Hamas and Hezbollah, but tangible concepts like Carter's world famous hostage crisis. Even if it's the former, the latter cannot be disregarded and to show applause to such is an equivalent to a speech by Nikita Khruschev in Russian at Yale University deriding U.S. policy in regards to Soviet missiles in Cuba. Which received applause for content and the delivery boy, exluding those that understand russian, of course.

I politely disagree. Had I the opportunity to attend, my hands would've been as silent as the grave, should he even have praised my grandma's cookin'. I can't speak for others. But my analogy has been made, and that's why he earns no applause, regardless of content.

And that's not a solution. Him never setting foot outside of the U.N. Complex however, was. He's the prime representative of an enemy of the state. His presence should've been restricted wholly to UN functions and meetings of state, in my honest opinion. And maybe a trip to SoHo to meet some homosexuals.

GottaHavePride
9/24/2007, 07:13 PM
Also, he doesn't have to have committed a domestic crime to be arrested. Obviously, the fallout from arresting a guy with diplomatic immunity would be HUGE, but the United States doesn't need a domestic crime reason to arrest anyone who actively attacks American citizens, property, and interests.

See, the problem there is that without absolute, incontrovertible proof that the Iranian government itself is directly funding, supplying, and encouraging terrorist groups (and that it's not just the actions of wealthy Iranian individuals) you can't touch him. And if there WAS absolute, incontrovertible proof, he never would have entered the US, for any reason. He knows that doing anything to him right now would be a very bad move for the US.

As to the rest of it, I can't say; I didn't actually get to watch any of the speech while I was at work.

SicEmBaylor
9/24/2007, 07:18 PM
See, the problem there is that without absolute, incontrovertible proof that the Iranian government itself is directly funding, supplying, and encouraging terrorist groups (and that it's not just the actions of wealthy Iranian individuals) you can't touch him. And if there WAS absolute, incontrovertible proof, he never would have entered the US, for any reason. He knows that doing anything to him right now would be a very bad move for the US.

As to the rest of it, I can't say; I didn't actually get to watch any of the speech while I was at work.

But that's the thing, you CAN touch him. The fallout would be tremendous. The caveat here though is that you can absolutely arrest him assuming you're not going to process him through the US judicial system. The domestic and international fallout from doing that makes it impossible, but the US can absolutely detain him and ship his *** off to Gitmo. Now, I think that'd be an absolutely HORRIBLE idea and wouldn't support doing that -- I'm just saying'.

SoonerGirl06
9/24/2007, 07:20 PM
I find it interesting that CU's alumni's are threatening to stop sending donations to the school.

Also, if MA is a leader of a terror state, why the hell wasn't he arrested the minute he stepped off of the plane? And if the Middle Eastern Nutwacks got ****ed about it, I'd just tell them to get their asses over here and we'll "negotiate" his release... all the way to oblivian.

But that's just me.

SicEmBaylor
9/24/2007, 07:35 PM
I find it interesting that CU's alumni's are threatening to stop sending donations to the school.

Also, if MA is a leader of a terror state, why the hell wasn't he arrested the minute he stepped off of the plane? And if the Middle Eastern Nutwacks got ****ed about it, I'd just tell them to get their asses over here and we'll "negotiate" his release... all the way to oblivian.

But that's just me.

He's protected by diplomatic immunity and international law governing the protection of diplomats/leaders at the United Nations.

SoonerGirl06
9/24/2007, 07:45 PM
He's protected by diplomatic immunity and international law governing the protection of diplomats/leaders at the United Nations.

I know that... but a girl can dream can't she? :D

Petro-Sooner
9/24/2007, 08:49 PM
Tells you a lot about the mind set of those on college campuses in our country. I could see him talking at OU. Those on the real South Oval would love for him to come here. To be given time to let this ****er actually be given a forum to speak. Sad days.
Makes me want to puke. :cool: :rolleyes:

critical_phil
9/24/2007, 08:51 PM
I know that... but a girl can dream can't she? :D

as i've told you multiple times in PMs, i'm taken.

KABOOKIE
9/24/2007, 09:06 PM

**** him. I say it's time for payback.

http://rescueattempt.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/stevekirtley-4.jpg

SoonerGirl06
9/24/2007, 09:47 PM
as i've told you multiple times in PMs, i'm taken.

Damn! The good hiney wipers are always taken! :mad:

Widescreen
9/24/2007, 09:49 PM
http://www2.irna.ir/en/news/view/line-24/0709252616013529.htm

Oh my.

SoonerGirl06
9/24/2007, 10:01 PM

Oh my.

No kidding.

OCUDad
9/25/2007, 12:24 AM
I swear to God, he looks like Ringo Starr.

http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/2/7/6/5/14425672-14425674-large.jpg

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/061129/061129_ahmadinejad_vlrg_4a.widec.jpgThis thread should be merged with the "Nose Hair" thread.

soonerscuba
9/25/2007, 01:01 AM

Oh my.

You do realize this is the Iran State media's version of the event, right?

Widescreen
9/25/2007, 08:03 AM
Yes. The ".ir" in the domain kind of gives it away.

OklahomaTuba
9/25/2007, 08:42 AM

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9470/captainobviousyy9.jpg

OklahomaTuba
9/25/2007, 08:47 AM

There is absolute, incontrovertible proof. Iran is their worlds #1 supporter of terrorism in the world. End of story. Only the drooling morons who question the Holocaust & 9/11 could question Iran's role in terrorism today.

If we are fighting a global war on terror, then this asshat should have been whisked away to Gitmo for questioning the nanosecond he landed his terrorist *** on American soil.

**** the UN and its rules. The useless idiots at the UN have no say in American law & self defense, and if the UN doesn't like it, they can go to hell for all I care. Its a waste of money & real estate.

soonerscuba
9/25/2007, 08:59 AM
Yes. The ".ir" in the domain kind of gives it away.

:O

picasso
9/25/2007, 11:21 AM
I heard some of Columbia's students being interviewed on the BBC agreeing with the question of Johnny Number 5's freedom of speech being compromised because of the hateful opening remarks by the school prez.:rolleyes: They said he was pressured into doing so by the American media.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
What about the school prez's freedom of speech you morons? Maybe these college kids aren't quite as smart as they think they are.

Also, I heard some nice spin from other news sources. Johnny #5 was a big hit I guess.
Oh yeah and when he said there are no homosexuals in Iran he was telling the truth. It's illegal there and they die for it.

:texan: