PDA

View Full Version : OU Daily Sports Editor is a spoiled punk...

Fraggle145
9/24/2007, 01:37 PM
This kid needs to be fired as sports editor. What a spoiled bitch. He's whining about winning and it makes me sick. All the fans that have no idea what the Blake years felt like. How can you be OU daily sports editor and not want to watch OU football?! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

http://hub.ou.edu/articles/article.php?item_id=1038034524

COLUMN: TUNE IN NEXT WEEK TO SEE SOONER BLOWOUT
By Baxter Holmes/The Daily

BURKBURNETT, Texas — Why watch OU these days? Every game is a re-run. Sam Bradford gets a few hundred yards, a few touchdowns and very few incompletions. The running backs, the wide receivers, the defense ... it’s like Nick at Nite. A different team plays OU, and OU plays the same.

So instead of getting on I-44 to head east and watch Tulsa lose to Goliath, I missed my first game since the Oregon road trip. There were better things to do with better friends, too, than joining 35,000 in Tulsa to watch a mismatch.

Like bowling, pool, air hockey, movies and late night road trips that cross state borders three times, including stops at IHOP at 5 a.m. in some small Texas town.

I saw bits and pieces of what happened, but woodshed victories don’t make for enthralling television. Most of what I saw was at a bowling alley with a good friend.

We rolled strikes while Allen Patrick rolled through Tulsa’s defense.

We tried to use English to spin the cue ball in our favor while OU used Auston English to terrorize Paul Smith.

We used those rubber mallets to control that speeding puck while DeMarco Murray used his jukes to help him speed by the Tulsa kickoff unit on his 81-yard touchdown return.

“Want to go back to the house and watch the game?” I asked.

“I guess.”

That’s what it’s coming to. The team is playing so well, so consistently, so dominantly, that some people are resorting to spending their weekends in other ways than watching OU bully another team. I spent mine that way.

We started to watch a movie and paused a few times to check the score of the game. Ten minutes in, we paused, 35-14 OU. Twenty minutes in, we paused again, 55-21 OU.

We didn’t pause again.

Instead, we turned off the game and the movie and headed to a friend’s house in Texas for a shindig. At this time, most OU fans were probably on their way back on I-44 east. We headed west on that road for a spur-of-the-moment road trip.

The moon followed us to Texas. It sat low in the Oklahoma sky seemingly a mile above the horizon. Only half of the brilliant cream-colored sphere glowed, but then it turned a light shade of orange, then a darker shade, then blood red.

And then it set. We didn’t see it again that night.

Upon arriving and meeting some new friends, we sat on their back patio in a small Texas town. It was 2:30 a.m., and they talked about the local high school football game earlier that night.

Somehow, the conversation drifted to college football, then to the OU-Tulsa game.

“Did they win?” one of them asked.

“Yeah, they blew them out” I said.

“Figures”

Beneath a star-lit sky that gleamed a breathtaking view, people I’d never met before in a state named Texas became bored, too. They knew OU would win big.

We went to IHOP around 5:30 a.m., and over a late/very early breakfast, discussed everything but the game because there was really nothing about the game to discuss at all. People looked for faults and tried to analyze and evaluate solutions, especially in sports conversations. The defense played sub-par, but Smith is a good quarterback, and he may be one of the best OU will face this season.

These games are getting redundant, like sitcoms. For any type of sitcom, everything is normal at the beginning, there’s some struggle and then things end the same way the show began. It’s for continuity. If people tune in and things at the end change, they won’t know what happened before and they’ll feel lost and change the channel.

OU is like a cookie-cutter sitcom now. The games start, there’s some struggle (but not much) and they end the same way the game the previous week ended.

Tune in next week to see Sam Bradford sitting on the bench in the third quarter, sipping Gatorade, cracking jokes and watching the second-and-third teamers out there.

After the breakfast, we said goodbye to the new friends, wished them well, thanked them for their time and departed back across the Red River.

“You know, the next time we cross this will probably be for OU-Texas,” I said.

“Oh yeah, that’ll be cool,” my good friend said.

“Yeah, hopefully they get tested.”

And we followed a glowing sunrise that sat low in the Oklahoma sky seemingly a mile above the horizon. The brilliant sphere glowed red, purple and orange while we laughed at the midnight journey that seemed ridiculous, but was very worth it.

But as the Sooners’ journey to a national title continues, they’ll need to play a serious ballgame rather than another re-run win. If they don’t, the sun could set on OU’s season like it did in 2003 and 2004.

Baxter Holmes is a
journalism junior and The Daily’s sports editor.

Dio
9/24/2007, 01:41 PM
Jenni's little bro?

tommieharris91
9/24/2007, 01:43 PM
More like Jenni in training.

olevetonahill
9/24/2007, 01:44 PM
He should have spelled OUT tongue in cheek and used a ;)
:cool:

Fraggle145
9/24/2007, 01:46 PM
He needs to learn a little about head in a$$ and how to not let the world know that you are that guy.

Sooner_Havok
9/24/2007, 01:48 PM
Eh, people who actually read the Daily are lame. For four years, I thought it was nothing more than a crossword puzzle and sudoku that was wrapped up like a present.

yermom
9/24/2007, 01:55 PM
f that guy

i'll take my blowouts over the BS that was Tech and Oregon any day

conference games are starting now, the blowouts will be a little more rare. we don't usually play well in Boulder anyway

JohnnyMack
9/24/2007, 02:18 PM
His name is Baxter.

My friend yermom once said, "f that guy".

I couldn't agree more.

DarrellZero
9/24/2007, 02:33 PM
Is this what passes for journalism these days?

Yeah, I was thinkin' about watchin' the game but then I decided not to, and then some guy said OU won big again and, hey, OU might have to play somebody good at some point and if they don't play well, it'll be just like 2003 and 2004.

I think the sports editor ought to have some, you know, actual interest in sports, to hold the position. Tool.

Scott D
9/24/2007, 02:37 PM
pg will tell you that the journalism dept is turning out less than stellar product. Truthfully, if the DO is what they have to look forward to then it's not like much effort needs to be applied in getting that degree.

soonersweetie
9/24/2007, 02:39 PM
my only thought after reading that is....what an idiot

If he is that bored with OU, then perhaps he should pick another major, or better yet...another school.

OUDoc
9/24/2007, 02:46 PM
I want 77-0.
Every game.

stoopified
9/24/2007, 02:52 PM
f that guy

i'll take my blowouts over the BS that was Tech and Oregon any day

conference games are starting now, the blowouts will be a little more rare. we don't usually play well in Boulder anyway
I'm with you,It is a lot harder for the refs to screw OU out of a victoryif we win by 40+.

TexasEx4OU
9/24/2007, 02:54 PM
I want 77-0.
Every game.

Ditto. And I'd not only be happy to sit there and watch it, but more than happy to write about it afterwards.

JohnnyMack
9/24/2007, 02:57 PM
Dear ********* Whiny Bitch Journalism Major,

When I was in school I watched OU lose to Tulsa. I watched Nebraska score 73 points on us. I watched A&M come into Norman and kick our teeth in.

I'll take blowouts any day I can get 'em and not be a spoiled rotten ingrate enough to complain about it.

piusbovis
9/24/2007, 03:13 PM
Dude needs to start a blog for his pointless ramblings or something and keep it off the newspaper.

Oh, I'm sorry the game bored you, but aren't you the SPORTS EDITOR. Shouldn't you cover SPORTS no matter how boring it is? I mean how ecstatic can the guys who cover golf be? (All apologies, I don't watch golf so it could be a thrill a second for all I know.)

You aren't Hunter S. Thompson; I don't care about how you think the sun or the moon looks like as you cross the red river, if you want to write pretty metaphors start working on a novel.

In summation, Mr. Sports Writer: I don't read the sports page to hear about spectacularly amazing life. Oh? Watching OU smash Tulsa is too boring to watch? Well hearing about your lameass go bowling is too boring to read.

freshchris05
9/24/2007, 03:24 PM
my only thought after reading that is....what an idiot

If he is that bored with OU, then perhaps he should pick another major, or better yet...another school.

exactly...

if winning is so boring he should go to an aggie school, he'll be overwhelmed with excitement...

Petro-Sooner
9/24/2007, 03:33 PM
That guy doesnt have a clue. The daily is nothing but a rag anyway.

MrKurt
9/24/2007, 03:35 PM
You guys are uptight.

GottaHavePride
9/24/2007, 03:48 PM
You guys are right.

Fixed.

A-M
9/24/2007, 03:50 PM
I want 77-0.
Every game.

Anything less then this in the 1st. quarter and my heart conditon begins to give me problems.

SoonerHalo
9/24/2007, 03:56 PM
If he doesn't like winning the games...maybe he should try editing for the OSU paper

MrKurt
9/24/2007, 04:25 PM
You guys are triteFixed.I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.

Jewstin
9/24/2007, 04:31 PM
The paper is absolutely horrible, save for a friend of mines column. ;)

I was a journalism major for a semester before I realized I didn't need a college degree to learn how to write. These people, unfortunately, do.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/24/2007, 04:38 PM
...My friend yermom...OMG, now I know what's wrong with BOTH YOU GUYS!

MNsooner
9/24/2007, 04:42 PM
I am just stunned that the sports editor for OU's newspaper is bored of OU winning. I don't know if that or his ability with prose disqualifies him more from his position.

TUSooner
9/24/2007, 05:13 PM
Well he's right y'know. How on Earth can a successful OU football compete with bowling, pool, and air hockey...or tinkertoys, or masturb8ing or his other fave sports

:rolleyes:

Fraggle145
9/24/2007, 05:31 PM
glad to see that the comment jihad is starting to take place over there...

Sooner_Havok
9/24/2007, 05:35 PM
glad to see that the comment jihad is starting to take place over there...

I can't believe you guys would call out an amateur writer like this! HE HAS DONE ALL THE RIGHT THINGS! HE IS JUST A KID! :rolleyes:

P.S. No really, is there more in the daily disappointment than Crosswords, SudoKus, and Word Jumbles? I went to school here for 5 years and didn't think we had a student newspaper....

josh09
9/24/2007, 05:46 PM
Well what does this guy expect? We play sucky teams at the beginning of the year every year, with a pretty good team thrown in there sometimes. But this season were just good enough to blow everyone out. So this guys COMPLAINING about it?!

Wow. Just wow.

tommieharris91
9/24/2007, 06:24 PM
[hairGel] YOU DON'T GO WRITIN THAT STUFF ABOUT LITTLE KIDS!!!!

AZOUFan
9/24/2007, 07:41 PM
So let me get this straight, not only did this tool watch a movie rather than the game, but he then went to Texas as an alternative to watching said game? To hang out with "friends" and bash on OU because they are too good? Jesus tap dancing Christ this moron needs some perspective. Absolutely, as someone pointed out, he obviously wasn't around during the Blake and Drunkenberger years. How you get a job as a sportswriter in Okla-****ing-homa and then become allowed to write an article like this "frightens and confuses me".

Someone please explain to me how this guy isn't strung up by his nutsack in downtown Norman right now.

CatfishSooner
9/24/2007, 08:01 PM
This guy's articles usually are decent, but after I read that one today I was a little put off to say the least!

Sooner_Havok
9/24/2007, 08:07 PM
One point games are for contests NOT involving your team.

*41-40 Bug Eaters over Ball State, Good Game
*63-14 OU over xaxeT, Good Game

*47-14 USC over WSU, Bad Game
*17-16 OU over aTm, Bad Game (for my blood pressure any ways) :D

OKC-SLC
9/24/2007, 08:16 PM
When I was in school I watched OU lose to Tulsa. I watched Nebraska score 73 points on us. I watched A&M come into Norman and kick our teeth in.
JM, you and I overlapped a bit at OU.

I tell people my four years of undergrad were Schnelly, Blake, Blake, Blake.

That's usually good for a pity beer.

Petro-Sooner
9/24/2007, 08:21 PM
Whats this clowns email address?

Sooner_Havok
9/24/2007, 08:21 PM

Poor guy. Mine are Stoops, Stoops, Stoops, Stoops, Stoops

I had to go five years to keep my season tickets as long as possible :D

Soonerus
9/24/2007, 08:38 PM
That story is assinine...

hgarmorer
9/24/2007, 08:41 PM
I had to go five years to keep my season tickets as long as possible :D

At least you had a plan.

Petro-Sooner
9/24/2007, 08:55 PM
Kids....Think they know it all. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

JohnnyMack
9/24/2007, 09:10 PM

I got Gibbs, Gibbs, Schnelly, Blake, Blake.

Yes. I know that equals 5. I was trying to find myself.

yermom
9/24/2007, 09:17 PM
mine were like Gibbs, Blake, Blake, Stoops, Stoops, Stoops, Stoops.....

FirstandGoal
9/24/2007, 09:22 PM
Switzer, Switzer, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs

Had to go 5 years cause pharmacy school took that long back then. The best thing about that was being a 5th year senior and having amazing 50 yard line OU/TX tix. Of course it would have been even better had we won that game :(

Petro-Sooner
9/24/2007, 09:28 PM
Couldnt hack dental school eh??? :D

I poke cause the old roomate is now one. :)

GottaHavePride
9/24/2007, 09:31 PM
mine were like Gibbs, Blake, Blake, Stoops, Stoops, Stoops, Stoops.....
my undergrad was Blake, Stoops, Stoops, Stoops, Stoops.
then grad school was Stoops, Stoops.
then grad school x2 was Stoops, Stoops, Stoops.

It occurs to me that would look a lot more interesting if I went by offensive coordinators instead of head coaches.

In that case it would be Magic 8 Ball, Leach, Mangino... heh.

OKC-SLC
9/24/2007, 09:33 PM
Allow me to clarify a bit.

Yes, during my four years of college I personally saw a Twister-like mat, my team give up a 99 yard td pass, and a 14 men on the field penalty. But if we count medical school:

Schnelly, Blake, Blake, Blake, Stoops, Stoops, Stoops, Stoops.

Teh succ made teh win that much more win.

bluedogok
9/24/2007, 09:45 PM
Switzer.....and we thought the early 80's were the "losing years".....

Little did we know what was to come 10 or so years later.

Fraggle145
9/24/2007, 10:00 PM
I personally was Blake, Stoops, Stoops, Stoops, Stoops

One year was enough. I had to go to the 50 yd line during the Cal game. I was drunk as balls.

sooneron
9/24/2007, 10:02 PM
That kid's article is pathetic. It was nothing. It was a "blog" about nothing. At least tell an interesting story that happened to you instead of going to the game. Nothing happened? Don't write a friggin story about it or lack thereof!

Oh and Switzer, Switzer, Switzer, Gibbs, Gibbs.

PhxSooner
9/24/2007, 10:08 PM
I can't even relax watching a game unless we're maintaining a 28 point lead. And since all my years at OU were with Gibbs, you can see that I didn't relax that often.

SoonerMachine
9/24/2007, 10:17 PM
Switzer, Switzer, Switzer and Switzer - and yes, 77-0 does rock!

hink4769
9/24/2007, 10:29 PM
while i was reading the article i was thinking that the same thing could have been written by a student at nebraska in 2001, look where they are now. things change quickly, enjoy the dominance and blowouts while you can.

Scott D
9/24/2007, 10:37 PM
heh I had Gibbs, Gibbs, withdraw because Schenlly was coming. ;)

tommieharris91
9/24/2007, 11:15 PM
Personally I'd like to beat teams 119-0 like at the beginning of the OU football program, but that's just me. I don't like this scoring 77 points through 2 1/2 quarters and then takin knees when we're at the other teams goal line, but that's just me.

goingoneight
9/24/2007, 11:41 PM
[hairGel] YOU DON'T GO WRITIN THAT STUFF ABOUT LITTLE KIDS!!!!

[hairGel]

heh.

Ever
9/25/2007, 12:44 AM
Seem to remember major concerns being raised about opponent offenses that can consistently spread the field... Guess he wouldn't have caught that not having watched.

Bet he watched Texas-Rice...

r5TPsooner
9/25/2007, 07:49 AM
He sounds like an IDIOT.

OUDoc
9/25/2007, 08:08 AM
Switzer-Switzer-Switzer-Gibbs for undergrad.

reddfoxx
9/25/2007, 09:48 AM
O' Baxter sure lives life in the fastlane. Nothing beats skipping a game to eat at a IHOP in Texas at 5:00 am after a night of movies, pool and air hockey.

What a loser.

TXBOOMER
9/25/2007, 10:00 AM
What a tard.

manida
9/25/2007, 11:09 AM
This writer is obviously a tweaker. Who stays up until 2:30AM talking about high school football...only to take a long drive back to eat at IHOP at 5:00AM?? Sketchy.

soonerloyal
9/25/2007, 12:12 PM
Dear Gaylord Fokker Family:

I see your sprawling, expensive School of Journalism complex is paying off.

Not.

Sincerely,
Anyone reading the Oklahoma Daily

UTisLousy
9/25/2007, 12:14 PM
I'm a Sooner Fan through, but watching Gundy was a thing of beauty. He delivered in the perfect way. Maximum effectiveness. She was wrong and crossed the line. He had a "Right" to say what he did and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't really understand life. He made his point in a way that I think has echoed way outside of Stillwater. Gundy is the type of person I want my daughter to be like, when she grows up. Someone who watches her friends and families backs. I don't buy the "less proffesional manner" crap. Noone would have cared if he'd have done it that way. Gundy didn't just send a message to that moron Jenni Carlson he sent a message that'll reach out alot farther. I hope OSU wins everygame but OU, because I feel sort of proud of Gundy. I used to think he was soft coach. Not anymore

frankensooner
9/25/2007, 12:46 PM
I'm a Sooner Fan through, but watching Gundy was a thing of beauty. He delivered in the perfect way. Maximum effectiveness. She was wrong and crossed the line. He had a "Right" to say what he did and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't really understand life. He made his point in a way that I think has echoed way outside of Stillwater. Gundy is the type of person I want my daughter to be like, when she grows up. Someone who watches her friends and families backs. I don't buy the "less proffesional manner" crap. Noone would have cared if he'd have done it that way. Gundy didn't just send a message to that moron Jenni Carlson he sent a message that'll reach out alot farther. I hope OSU wins everygame but OU, because I feel sort of proud of Gundy. I used to think he was soft coach. Not anymore

You are in the wrong thread.

soonerloyal
9/25/2007, 05:07 PM
I'm a Sooner Fan through, but watching Gundy was a thing of beauty. He delivered in the perfect way. Maximum effectiveness. She was wrong and crossed the line. He had a "Right" to say what he did and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't really understand life. He made his point in a way that I think has echoed way outside of Stillwater. Gundy is the type of person I want my daughter to be like, when she grows up. Someone who watches her friends and families backs. I don't buy the "less proffesional manner" crap. Noone would have cared if he'd have done it that way. Gundy didn't just send a message to that moron Jenni Carlson he sent a message that'll reach out alot farther. I , hope OSU wins everygame but OU, because I feel sort of proud of Gundy. I used to think he was soft coach. Not anymore

Have you taken leave of your tiny mind? What kind of values do you embrace that allows you to admire spit-slinging, out-of-control temper tantrums by someone in a position of professional authority? A man who professes to support young men but expresses it in such an infantile, unprofessional, immature manner? And you want your CHILD to emulate such negative behavior? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

If I don't agree, I don't understand life? Excuse me, dude? I raised three sons to protect us all. I watched two of those men march into combat. I see every day honor, courage and commitment, something the coach of OSU wouldn't know if it forced its way up his butt. I think you're confusing overemotionalism with real support. That is accomplished more often than not, by quiet discipline and honorable behavior...far more worthy of emulation than the horrid, embarrassing meltdown than we were forced to witness from Michael Gundy.

That video showed me nothing about the young men who snatched a victory from defeat. They got no attention. But Gundy got attention plenty, and although you can spin it with gold thread and silk dressing, he's still a sow's ***. That came through loud and clear.

I used to like Mike Gundy and wished him the best. Now I think he's full of **** and wouldn't p*** on him if he was afire.

What a turd. I'm glad I'm not a Poke.

Fraggle145
9/25/2007, 06:32 PM
Have you taken leave of your tiny mind? What kind of values do you embrace that allows you to admire spit-slinging, out-of-control temper tantrums by someone in a position of professional authority? A man who professes to support young men but expresses it in such an infantile, unprofessional, immature manner? And you want your CHILD to emulate such negative behavior? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

If I don't agree, I don't understand life? Excuse me, dude? I raised three sons to protect us all. I watched two of those men march into combat. I see every day honor, courage and commitment, something the coach of OSU wouldn't know if it forced its way up his butt. I think you're confusing overemotionalism with real support. That is accomplished more often than not, by quiet discipline and honorable behavior...far more worthy of emulation than the horrid, embarrassing meltdown than we were forced to witness from Michael Gundy.

That video showed me nothing about the young men who snatched a victory from defeat. They got no attention. But Gundy got attention plenty, and although you can spin it with gold thread and silk dressing, he's still a sow's ***. That came through loud and clear.

I used to like Mike Gundy and wished him the best. Now I think he's full of **** and wouldn't p*** on him if he was afire.

What a turd. I'm glad I'm not a Poke.

You also are in the wrong thread.[hairGel] is gay as is the Oklahoma Daily sports editor.

soonerloyal
9/25/2007, 06:53 PM
I know. I just have a big mouth and can't pass up an op to shoot it off in retaliation. Sue me.

daMentor
9/25/2007, 08:17 PM
The guy is obviously the type of fan that will stop watching when we have a bad season too. He has the bandwagon mentality. I don't know about you, but I get even more pumped up when we play like this. He's not much of a fan if you ask me.

soonermix
9/26/2007, 01:34 PM
this editor guy is such a putz. i am pretty sure the only sports this dude has ever played is the touch-myself-olympics. in the sports section i want to read about how dominate we have been so far this season i want to see the playstation stats bradford or kelly have. or i want to read about the fear we are instilling in the aggies or whorns. i don't want to see this morons roadtrip unless it ends with his car exploding with him in it.

Fraggle145
10/2/2007, 10:25 AM
I blame this guy for our loss.... you wanted close games, well you got them ****head.

HappyClappyMackBrown
10/2/2007, 10:29 AM
I blame this guy for our loss.... you wanted close games, well you got them ****head.
Jealous Much?

redshield3
10/2/2007, 11:32 AM
New to the thread, too lazy to read... has anyone pointed out how worthless the daily is, and that it's basically a gigantic wrapper for the crossword puzzle? Nobody really reads it on campus except a few professors I know.

KRYPTON
10/2/2007, 01:16 PM
His name is Baxter.

Ack! You stole my first reflex response. Immediately all I could think was MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW, MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW, MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW!!

Yeah, I got the number of meows right because that's just how I roll!

That said, getting your pulse up about any journalist, much less the "sports" "editor" of the school "newspaper" is a horrifying waste of effort - I would suggest instead spending that energy on more constructive pursuits such as shaving artistic shapes into the sides of your head as seems to be the custom amongst the young fellers these days.

For those who take the Oklahoma Daily seriously, I offer you two words of rebuttal:

Marco Columbus.

TUSooner
10/2/2007, 01:22 PM
this editor guy is such a putz. i am pretty sure the only sports this dude has ever played is the touch-myself-olympics.....

Stop that! You are denigrating Howzit's gold medals !!

HappyClappyMackBrown
10/2/2007, 02:13 PM
Ack! You stole my first reflex response. Immediately all I could think was MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW, MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW, MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW!!

Yeah, I got the number of meows right because that's just how I roll!

That said, getting your pulse up about any journalist, much less the "sports" "editor" of the school "newspaper" is a horrifying waste of effort - I would suggest instead spending that energy on more constructive pursuits such as shaving artistic shapes into the sides of your head as seems to be the custom amongst the young fellers these days.

For those who take the Oklahoma Daily seriously, I offer you two words of rebuttal:

Marco Columbus.
This is exactly what i meant, yeah the OU daily isnt great, but you got to understand what it is and who's it audience is....so getting all riled up about it and complaining is pretty petty and ridiculous, plus since it is the OU student paper, why dont some of you who are complaining step up and go write for it? oh, nevermind, i guess that would require more effort then sitting behind a computer bitching about someone. Or you could always just take the Mike Gundy Approach.

Fraggle145
10/2/2007, 02:25 PM
This is exactly what i meant, yeah the OU daily isnt great, but you got to understand what it is and who's it audience is....so getting all riled up about it and complaining is pretty petty and ridiculous, plus since it is the OU student paper, why dont some of you who are complaining step up and go write for it? oh, nevermind, i guess that would require more effort then sitting behind a computer bitching about someone. Or you could always just take the Mike Gundy Approach.

Duh the Daily isnt great... I was just pointing out that his guy is an asshat, and since it is obvious that we cant blame the coaches for the loss (heaven forbid! :rolleyes: ) and we cant blame the players for the loss (DONT DOWNGRADE KIDS THAT DO EVERTHING RIGHT!!! [hairGel]), somebody by god is getting blamed for the loss, and his name is Baxter. :mad: I can imagine that you cant just walk up through the doors of Gaylord hall and say "Hi I'm here to write for the paper." If you can... well no wonder its a piece of ****. And sitting behind the computer bitching at someone and complaining is what I like to do, thats why I am on a message board, especially this message board. :eek:

StormySooner-IN
10/3/2007, 06:12 AM
You guys are Uptight.

Signed,
The Guy who wrote the ******* article.

Fixed.