PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska Football. Smell the Glove!

Blitzkrieg
9/24/2007, 12:11 PM
Having witnessed the worst defensive performance in Nebraska history, I could not help but notice some comedic elements to the Ball State game:

1. As the defense looked blankly towards the sideline EVERY play for the formation... a sign on the East Stadium read "93 Academic All-Americans" Trust me, this defensive bunch are a lot of things...but academic? Hardly. Their ability to "read" routes, motions, books is questionable.

2. The Blackshirt HuskerVision montage: before every Ball State drive...and oh how they drove, we would get the same stupid "Blackshirts are soooooo bad" video from HuskerVision. Whether its the marching skulls...the screaming skulls...Jason Peter (w/out the roids) giving us the arm-cross...it was all pathetically contrived. By the second quarter it had reached Spinal Tap status...it was a joke. A BIG joke. Leave the skull and cross bones to better teams.

3. Tunnel Walk: for this bunch I half expect Macho Man Randy Savage to lead the way. It's beyond stupid. It's lame and should have every NU football fan reeling. Play the game. Forget the pyrotechnics.... Play...the...game.

4. The Historic Gates. They're 2 years old. My son is two. Not "historic". Pederson trying to fabricate some NU tradition because his teams are awful and he knows shiny things distract attention (see new field house). I'm not biting. I liked it better when our players trained in bad conditions. It's Rocky. Having our players in plush locker rooms w/ PS3's doesn't spell "winning" to me. Give me the mold-ridden Field House any day. Oh, speaking of Gates, why do we have war heroes opening doors for JuCo divas? Shouldn't the players open the doors for the war heroes?

5. At the out-set of the second half...Ball State is up...they have the ball..it's 3rd down... I kid you not... the WAVE started. Say all you want about the Boos...starting the WAVE...if only for a moment was a sign that the end is truly near.

6. Sam Keller... the man would give everything on every drive...only to return to the sideline and have it wasted away. Every defensive player owes Sam Keller a steak dinner.

7. During the opening montage, the HuskerVision crew had the nerve to use footage from the USC game. Classic move. We must truly live in a vacuum.

Football. Just play football. Forget the fireworks...stupid gimmicks... lame neo-traditions... tackle. For the love of all that's good...TACKLE.

This from a Nebraska fan.

http://www.firecosgrove.com/forums/index.php?topic=36.0

RedGiant
9/24/2007, 12:24 PM
Bill Callahan is to Nebraska football what Wrecks Gross-man is to Pro Football. These two viruses need to be driven out of their respective clubs before gangrene sets in.

royalfan5
9/24/2007, 12:34 PM
Can we get a merge on all the NU defense/coaches suck threads. That way I only need to post in one. kthxbai.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/24/2007, 12:34 PM
That was very well written. I found it sad that another guy replied and justified the fanfare over good football.

"But it'll get recruits." Pfft. So does winning.

I was getting flashbacks of Blake era when we had that stupid "red swarm" graphic and deafening 'toilet flush' sound come screaming out of our jumbotron every time that tour defense took a crap.

It was just pathetic... especially since we totally sucked.

So embarrasing.