PDA

View Full Version : Is Callenberger on the hotseat at NU?

stoopified
9/24/2007, 10:55 AM
After watching the Cornies poor performance against usc and then dodging a bullet against BALL STATE.I would think so.I got an inkling of just how hot it might be when the OK ran a story from one of the Nebraska papers bashing Callahan and his BLACKSHIRT D.I guess the real question is will Callahan survive the season?

royalfan5
9/24/2007, 10:57 AM
No, but Cosgrove will probably get tossed under the bus. Callahan is safe this year as long as Pederson is AD.

SeattleOUstudent
9/24/2007, 11:14 AM
not when they just signed the bastage to a big contract. The AD gets canned.

royalfan5
9/24/2007, 11:18 AM
not when they just signed the bastage to a big contract. The AD gets canned.
The AD just got a new contract too. He's not going anywhere in the near future.

GottaHavePride
9/24/2007, 11:27 AM
Dude, are the inmates running the asylum up there?

Veritas
9/24/2007, 11:31 AM
I'll let my avvie speak for itself.

MiccoMacey
9/24/2007, 11:31 AM
I say wait until the end of the year.

If they turn out to be Big Twelve North division champs, or God forbid they win the Big Twelve, you guys are going to look silly basing your opinions on just those two games.

Veritas
9/24/2007, 11:37 AM

If they turn out to be Big Twelve North division champs, or God forbid they win the Big Twelve, you guys are going to look silly basing your opinions on just those two games.
Callenberger isn't on the hotseat, but Cosgrove is. I've bitched about his ****ty defensive schemes since he got here and the decline in tackling ability and overall effectiveness has been an obvious trend.

Scott D
9/24/2007, 11:38 AM
Callenberger isn't on the hotseat, but Cosgrove is. I've bitched about his ****ty defensive schemes since he got here and the decline in tackling ability and overall effectiveness has been an obvious trend.

quit hiding from me my misguided brother from another set of parents. :)

Veritas
9/24/2007, 11:40 AM
quit hiding from me my misguided brother from another set of parents. :)
What you talking about my #990000 brother?

Scott D
9/24/2007, 11:41 AM
Who does ole brasky open up with in conference play this weekend anyway?

I'll tell you exactly what's gonna happen.

MiccoMacey
9/24/2007, 11:42 AM
But didn't Cosgrove coach in the NFL?

Maybe it's just you're not smart enough about football to understand his brilliant ideas, schemes and plans.

Sure, punting on first down SEEMS weird, but in his overall plan for field position and special teams plays, it mixes brilliantly.

:D

olevetonahill
9/24/2007, 11:43 AM
I cant leave you 2 boys alone fer a minute !

Veritas
9/24/2007, 11:46 AM
Callahan should never have hired his buddy from Wisconsin. He was under the gun to put his staff together but our defense is right where Cosgrove had the Wisconsin D when he left: ranking in the 50s or 60s.

Scott D
lol Bill Callahan's wikipedia page makes me laugh...someone's changed the Defensive Coordinator's name to "FIRED

Blitzkrieg
Cos is gone at the end of the year, should have been gone after the 10 to 70 game in Lubbock.

The defense wil limprove, but Nebraska will still struggle to put in an NFL system with college kids on offense.

kevpks
If Cally can win against Colorado and maybe Texas and win the North, I imagine there won't be much heat on him. Although, I agree that Cosgrove might develop some personal issues that require him to resign at the end of the year.

Sooner in Tampa
9/24/2007, 11:47 AM
Who does ole brasky open up with in conference play this weekend anyway?
Iowa State this weekend...then it is @ Missouri

What is gonna happen?

Scott D
9/24/2007, 11:49 AM
oh and I had to post this amusing gem. Doh, they left out the part about promoting Cosgrove.

Eagles swoop down to take Wisconsin's Callahan
Milwaukee Journal, The, Feb 14, 1995 by DENNIS CHAPTMAN

The Journal staff

Madison, Wis. The departure of University of Wisconsin offensive line coach Bill Callahan for the pros leaves another major gap for coach Barry Alvarez to fill.

Philadelphia Eagles coach Ray Rhodes named Callahan as his offensive line coach Monday. The move will reunite Callahan and former Wisconsin lineman Joe Panos, who is entering his second season with the Eagles. Callahan

"When you talk about Bill Callahan, that's a guy that's got `teacher' written all over him," Rhodes said. "He did a super job at Wisconsin and I expect him to do the same for us."

Callahan, 38, was an original member of Alvarez's staff after Alvarez took over the Badgers' program in 1990. He was best known for taking defensive players and turning them into standout linemen on offense.

Panos, a third-round pick of the Eagles in 1994, was a striking example. Callahan also helped center Cory Raymer to become Wisconsin's first consensus All- American in more than a decade.

As Wisconsin rose from the depths of the Big Ten to victories in the 1994 Rose Bowl and 1995 Hall of Fame Bowl, a consistent team strength was its offensive line, which prospered using Callahan's zone blocking schemes.

He was also a focus of controversy in the 1993 season when University of Illinois officials complained that Callahan was seen in an Illini coaches' box after a game that Callahan was scouting at Purdue.

Scott D
9/24/2007, 11:52 AM
Iowa State this weekend...then it is @ Missouri

What is gonna happen?

Nebraska will win another ugly game, and more players will turn on the fans......The countdown is now on as to when the players will turn on the head coach.

Sooner in Tampa
9/24/2007, 11:54 AM
Nebraska will win another ugly game, and more players will turn on the fans......The countdown is now on as to when the players will turn on the head coach.Me thinks that they lose @ Missouri

Scott D
9/24/2007, 11:56 AM
A losing record in the conference isn't too far fetched. I can see them losing @ home to the World's Greatest Offense.

RedGiant
9/24/2007, 12:41 PM
I would pay good money to see OSU beat Nebraska at home and to watch the blood in the water mentality that follows. It would be glorious.

olevetonahill
9/24/2007, 01:35 PM
I ferget :confused:
Who did they fire and what was his Record ?
so they could HIre clownihan ? Just a :confused: ****inhillbilly :D

Rocker
9/24/2007, 01:46 PM
Yes... if not he should be

stoopified
9/24/2007, 03:26 PM

C an't speak for everyone else but my low opinion of him is based on his entire Husker tenure,not just two games.I'll bet all $500 virtual that they don't win the North.

Btw I looked up Sloich and Callahan coaching records:
Solich 58-19

Callanberger 24-17
Obviously the Huskers msde the RIGHT move. :D

cheezyq
9/24/2007, 03:43 PM
Say it with me fellas. 5 MORE YEARS! 5 MORE YEARS! 5 MORE YEARS! 5 MORE YEARS! 5 MORE YEARS!....

stoopified
9/24/2007, 04:16 PM
Say it with me fellas. 5 MORE YEARS! 5 MORE YEARS! 5 MORE YEARS! 5 MORE YEARS! 5 MORE YEARS!....
At the rate he is going,I want Callenberger to get a lifetime contract.Oddly enough I feel the same way about T.Boone State and Gundy.

bluedogok
9/24/2007, 10:36 PM

Isn't that how Barnett stayed at Colorado for so long? He seemed to win the North by default every few years. Just enough to tease them into thinking they actually were headed in some direction.

stoopified
10/30/2007, 02:06 PM

If they turn out to be Big Twelve North division champs, or God forbid they win the Big Twelve, you guys are going to look silly basing your opinions on just those two games.Micro,what do you think now?

SoonerStormchaser
10/30/2007, 07:47 PM
**chirping crickets**

SoonerKnight
10/30/2007, 07:55 PM
dead horse!